Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

if they haven't been found guilty of anything then why has hird just had a holiday, why are they penalised in draft and why we're they fined? these were all AFL penalties, but still went through a trial process

The AFL penalties were for bringing the game into disrepute because of poor governance at the club. The anti-doping violations are a separate issue.

Going by what happened in the rugby the suspensions if any will be minor.
ASADA have make a clear distinction between what happened in an ad hoc random manner in the NRL and the systematic doping program that the Bombers ran that was overseen by Hird and Dank. The players get 6 months it will be a massive let off for them but the Bombers maybe go into appeal mode which could tie it up for another 18 months 2 years

Last edited:
This thread has been more emotional than a week with the mother-in law. First Cameron, then Ryder, now Vickery. I am really looking forward to the end of trade week. Will be interesting to see who ends up here. I am pretty sure that we have become a club with a culture that players outside want to be part off.

You can't pay more than an absolute pittance for someone with a potential suspension hanging over their heads. Ryder won't be in the clear by trade period.
If the suspensions happen - which things seem to be inexorably grinding towards - they are always going to be fairly token. I don't feel they will have much effect on his value.

Going by what happened in the rugby the suspensions if any will be minor.
While we don't want this to be the 4,000 thread on Essendon/drugs the Cronulla players took a guilty plea in exchange for the tiny suspension.

Careful. They haven't been found guilty of anything yet.

The only facts are that 34 current and former players have been issued with show cause notices and the joint ASADA/AFL investigation was judged to be lawful.

How many athletes have ever successfully defended themselves against an ASADA SCN?

Not much more to add but Jake Niall says Ryder's gone, has Port and Lions as the front-runners and Port prepared to give up its first round pick to do the right thing and not skin Essendon. If Essendon push harder Ryder will pull the trigger on the get-out clause.

Ryder to confirm departure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro thinks he'll be at Port.
I think she could be on the money this time, on footy classified she was pushing our clubs case as a quality destination for him pretty hard. Apart from when I heard Sydney were in the mix I've been confident of him picking us over the Lions & Giants.

I doubt Boak would've been as up front about our interest in him during a presser saying we'd love to have a player & bloke like him at our club if he wasn't confident we had a good chance of him choosing us.

Last edited:
I think she could be on the money this time, on footy classified she was pushing our clubs case as a quality destination for him pretty hard. Apart from when I heard Sydney were in the mix I've been confident of him picking us over the Lions & Giants.

I doubt Boak would've came out during a presser to say we'd love to have a player & bloke like Paddy at our club if he wasn't confident we had a chance of him choosing us.

Yeah I thought the same.. why would Boak even mention it if it wasn't the case.

I doubt Boak would've been as up front about our interest in him during a presser saying we'd love to have a player & bloke like him at our club if he wasn't confident we had a good chance of him choosing us.

of all the people we been linked with this is the only one i actually believe, especially after today with kochie on sunrise. We and ryder all know that this is our missing link that opens up a massive window for 4-5 yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back