Power freak 2008

Premiers 2004, 2020 Covid Premiers
Nov 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees
We really needed to improve our big man depth. If Ryder was there in this final Hawthorne would have had a headache stopping all that ball that was going forward. Can you imagine what Ryder will be after Burgess is done with him and he is part of our on ball group. Scary stuff. In the end he is a game changer. Still not worth what the Bummers wanted for him because they haven't developed him to that level yet. I think his best is yet to come.

As for Karl Amon. He was a high draft pick. I hope we find a few gems with our late picks. Time for Geoff Parker to weave his magic.

faquito

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Barcelona FC, Arsenal
We really needed to improve our big man depth. If Ryder was there in this final Hawthorne would have had a headache stopping all that ball that was going forward. Can you imagine what Ryder will be after Burgess is done with him and he is part of our on ball group. Scary stuff. In the end he is a game changer. Still not worth what the Bummers wanted for him because they haven't developed him to that level yet. I think his best is yet to come.

As for Karl Amon. He was a high draft pick. I hope we find a few gems with our late picks. Time for Geoff Parker to weave his magic.

If you mean high pick as in high number (68). Hes definitely one of those late pick gems.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gotta feel for the bloke. He copped some unwarranted s**t in a number if threads.

Unfortunately it now comes with the territory if being a professional footballer but it's still s**t.

All the best for the future young fella. :thumbsu:

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm really really hoping he comes home next year. It's only the right thing to do.

And more so he's seen as a KP replacement as Jay gets older... not as a Ruck.

if you have seen gorringe play you know that is not true.

is a bonfide athletic leaping tap ruckman. you might play him forward as you would any ruck and hope he develops some talent , but his talents are definitely leaning to tap ruck and that is the way i would develop him.

A general recruiting question.
Lets say port and gold coast had been very close to completing a straight swap of Gorringe/Newton , players had agreed etc. Would there be anything stopping both clubs delisting the players and then picking up the other clubs player as a delisted free agent ? Effectively a post trade week trade showing up as a couple dfas ?

if you have seen gorringe play you know that is not true.

is a bonfide athletic leaping tap ruckman. you might play him forward as you would any ruck and hope he develops some talent , but his talents are definitely leaning to tap ruck and that is the way i would develop him.

Interesting that Walsh said the exact opposite about the Orange.
Take with the appropriate kilogram of salt!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-16/gorringe-not-needed-crows

"We spoke about Dan Gorringe as a list management and a recruiting group, we felt that he was probably more a forward than a ruckman," Walsh said.

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
If we also got gorringe, id have jerked off tonight. Instead I'm just not in the mood. Thanks a lot cripps
Just reading fro Walsh he reckons the Coows didn't consider Gorringe because he was more of a forward than a ruck.Just what we needed was a forward.:mad:Anyway life goes on.:(

Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1
Yep the old 'we didn't want him anyway' but more than that they went about tarnishing his reputation by questioning his competitiveness.

Yep... lets hope Dan has a great year and gets to us next trade period. He might even do some Polec type trolling for our amusement.

wayb2912

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2009
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Ok this is what i want to happen

Delist: Logan, Stevenson

Delisted Free Agent: Mitch Robinson (improvement on Moore, adds grunt finals time), Jared Petrenko (was a mad port supporter pre-draft and would play for the jumper)

Draft Pick #57: Jake Johannsen (gun)

Draft Pick #75: Nathan Krakouer (replaces Stevenson as list depth)

Draft Pick #93: Ruckman ?? otherwise keep Logan on the list

Rookie Draft

Draft Pick #16 - Shaun Mckernan/Lewis Johnston (worth a look, free KPF)

BornPort

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Delisted Free Agent: Mitch Robinson (improvement on Moore, adds grunt finals time), Lewis Johnston (Key forward for free)

Rookie Draft

Draft Pick #16 - Shaun Mckernan (worth a look)
Not sure if serious.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

Delisted Free Agent: Mitch Robinson (improvement on Moore, adds grunt finals time), Jared Petrenko (was a mad port supporter pre-draft and would play for the jumper)

Rookie Draft

Too many spuds with attitude issues.

I'd take one of these recycled players, maybe. I certainly wouldn't take all 4.

wayb2912

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2009
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Too many spuds with attitude issues.

I'd take one of these recycled players, maybe. I certainly wouldn't take all 4.

Look at how bad our draft picks are, we can invest in youth next year, everyone of these players could come in at different stages and play roles in our team. We need the depth

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys

Rookie Draft

Logan and Stevenson both worth keeping as depth, we have had years where we have lost up to 3 defenders to injury.

Mitch Robinson : If there was a chance of him getting his thumb out of his bum Port might consider him but he is way too inconsistent and has an attitude problem.

Draft pick options : OK but maybe a mature-age ruckman is more of a priority.

Rookie draft : Two cows cast-offs? Apart from the fact both are spuds of the highest order think of the day out the media would have.

Black 18

Club Legend
May 21, 2007
Seacliff
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep the old 'we didn't want him anyway' but more than that they went about tarnishing his reputation by questioning his competitiveness.

The Crows aren't the only club in the AFL questioning his 'intensity'.

And the Crows didn't want him - period (that I know for fact), like nearly every other AFL club. He's not rated at all.

Are we really that insular and pathetic that we need to justify every little happening in the footy world by continually putting down other clubs.

It really is getting oh so boring.

Be proud and happy of what we have achieved, it doesn't matter what others are doing or saying because at this point in time we are the ones doing everything right - just enjoy that.

Look at how bad our draft picks are, we can invest in youth next year, everyone of these players could come in at different stages and play roles in our team. We need the depth

Good thing list managers don't get away with "could". What's the likelihood, individually, of each of those guys coming into the team? Then instead of just picking DFA names everyone knows, try picking a cheaper RTG alternative out of a draft.

McKernan: if Lobbe goes down while Ryder is suspended (for the first half of the season assume potential worst case). Otherwise he never plays. Alternative: draft a Baulderstone or other mature SANFL ruck for a short term emergency.

Mitch Robinson: is a ****ing idiot. Why we'd tolerate him at the club let alone play him ahead of Moore or Young in particular is beyond me. Prefer to keep Logan TBH. I think midfield depth is our least concern.

Jake J: if he's there at 57, has to come into consideration. I'd still take Caleb Daniel over him though.

Krak is a four year older upgrade, in terms of quality, on Stevenson, who has fallen well behind Logan. Rookie list as depth for LTI, maybe.

There is no universe in which Petrenko or Johnston get a game for us. Not even if Monfries is suspended for the first half of the season. Wingard, Neade, Mitchell, Sam Gray (and Caleb Daniel I hope) all say hello.

Jumbo

In the Hall of Fame wearing my state jumper
10k Posts
Feb 5, 2004
Treading on eggshells
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
sanfl - the mighty double magpies

Rookie Draft

Re your delisted free agent proposal please see post 6460 in this thread.

BornPort

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Crows aren't the only club in the AFL questioning his 'intensity'.

And the Crows didn't want him - period (that I know for fact), like nearly every other AFL club. He's not rated at all.

Are we really that insular and pathetic that we need to justify every little happening in the footy world by continually putting down other clubs.

It really is getting oh so boring.

Be proud and happy of what we have achieved, it doesn't matter what others are doing or saying because at this point in time we are the ones doing everything right - just enjoy that.
In on the list management meetings are you? You do understand what team sports are all about don't you? They're tribal. Love your own team 'hate' the rest.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just looking at the Geelong list i wouldnt be suprised if they delisted a couple bigs... Vardy comes to mind. has had injuries but would be a decent ruck back up in the better then renouf category as a DFA

Junk

Senior List
Sep 4, 2011
Darwin
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Rookie Draft

This is 110% the total and complete opposite of what I want to see happen.

Back