Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmmmm this line doesn't work unless it's Jake Neade.
TheNeedForBleasev2.jpg
They aren't even trying anymore

There's not (not yet anyway). And I'd take Cameron Cloke in 2010 on our rookie list right now if somebody beats us to Baulderstone. The options are that slim. Usually there's a few decent delistee rucks floating around, but not this year.

Gotta look at the state leagues then, not just Baulderstone. Who rucked for WA and Vic in the state league games and who dominated in those comps this season?? Callum Sinclair dominated for Port Melbourne, couldn't get drafted went to Perth and played for Subiaco in 2012 and WCE rookied him at the end of 2012 when he was 23 or 24 years of age.

Highlights of all potential draftees will be up on AFL.com within a few weeks.

But some digging and found out he got the 6th best repeat sprint time in AFL Combine history.

Repeat sprint (seconds)
Joel Wilkinson23.402010
Brad Harvey23.462010
Shaun Atley23.692010
Kieran Harper23.842010
Jack Fitzpatrick23.912009
Nakia Cockatoo23.932014
Nathan Drummond23.952014
Patrick Dangerfield23.962007
Cyril Rioli24.012007
184cm/82kg midfielder/forward. Didn't play in u18 state championships but was in the squad, so must have been injured. Edit:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-01/territory-draft-prospect-out-for-the-year

Has some awesome highlights - look at that last goal at 1.50!
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-15/draft-prospect-nakia-cockatoo

Not in afl.com's Callum Twomey's top 25 prospects. Knightmare has him going late first round/ early second. So does Paige Cardona and just about every other phantom draft. Emma Quayle also mentions him as a top prospect.

In, summary, I've just wasted half an hour. He won't fall to 57. :(

Highlights of all potential draftees will be up on AFL.com within a few weeks.

But did some digging and found out he got the 6th best repeat sprint time in AFL Combine history.

Repeat sprint (seconds)
Joel Wilkinson 23.40 2010
Brad Harvey 23.46 2010
Shaun Atley 23.69 2010
Kieran Harper 23.84 2010
Jack Fitzpatrick 23.91 2009
Nakia Cockatoo 23.93 2014
Nathan Drummond 23.95 2014
Patrick Dangerfield 23.96 2007
Cyril Rioli 24.01 2007

Jack Fitzpatrick the Melbourne ruckman? WTF?

Dat goal :eek:

Looks like he could be a back flanker that can rotate though the midfield in the centre AND the wing. Very exciting prospect.
From those highlights he has good evasive skills, he can go for a run and potentially deliver it to a KPF.

If I was nitpicking I'd say he needs more penetration on his kicks and handballs.
Agree.
He's a lock for my Supercoach team anyway. Looks ready to play AFL now.

Ok how far can we go before it becomes draft tampering. North are going to take him early if their board has anything to do with it.

Then we'll get him back here later on, with the reverse Jacobs manoeuvre.
Karma right over that club's campaigner-ing shinbones with a bus in third gear and accelerating hard.

McKernan may get a second bite at the cherry given there are so few options out there...deep breath.

'I've got my best footy in front of me': McKernan hoping for another shot
On paper McKernan was a perfect fit for Adelaide's needs: a tall, athletic forward who was most at home when splitting his time 50-50 in the ruck.

His lack of consistency hurt his game and he's also faced constant questions over his on-field aggression.

He acknowledged both deficiencies, though, and added his defensive transition to the mix as well.

After a year learning from Podsiadly at West Lakes, McKernan believed he was well placed to right his wrongs.
'I've got my best footy in front of me': McKernan hoping for another shot

Would love for us to get McKernan. Would be super cheap and a preseason under Burgo and Ken could completely turn his career around. Don't see we have much to lose, however if he did take off like a lot of people expected him to, it would be the biggest slap in the face for the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing at all will convince me that Mckernan is the right fit for any club. If he wasnt 'brother of' then he would have been delisted a couple years ago and sunk without a trace.

Nothing at all will convince me that Mckernan is the right fit for any club. If he wasnt 'brother of' then he would have been delisted a couple years ago and sunk without a trace.

Can't say I disagree, but it does make me giggle when I read the following:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/cr...ays-matt-rendell/story-fnelctok-1226494730573
"I don't think the Crows will miss a beat without Tippett," said Rendell, who will join Collingwood next month.

"I know people are up in arms and filthy about Kurt going but don't worry about the team, they are still well-placed.

"I've been saying for two years that if McKernan plays in Tippett's spot he might be of more value.

"He won't miss the sitters, he'll kick them (goals) from outside 50 and he'll get the ones on the ground.

"And he's a better ruckman than Kurt, too, because he can move around the ground better."

Rendell, who a month ago publicly forecast Tippett would quit the club at the end of the season, says 22-year-old McKernan only needs "someone to put his arm around him" to emerge as a big-time player.

"He's got all the tools," Rendell said of the 23-game player he selected at pick 28 during the 2008 national draft.

Would love for us to get McKernan. Would be super cheap and a preseason under Burgo and Ken could completely turn his career around. Don't see we have much to lose, however if he did take off like a lot of people expected him to, it would be the biggest slap in the face for the Crows.

I'll pretend I didn't see that.

Does Anyone know what draft range Nakia Cockatoo would be? Looks super slick and would love him at port. Really impressed with his highlights.
Would be a legitimate second round pick. There's an outside chance the news story about wanting to play for us could cause a concern to other clubs but the game he played before the AFL Grand Final maybe has too many people looking at him. It's just an outside chance of him being there but we can live in hope.

Change his name by deed poll Nakia Ebert Cockatoo has a nice ring to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back