FTA-TV Rectify

Remove this Banner Ad

The last few episode have been exceptional. The pieces slowly being put together and although i'm usually for a more fluid storyline this works so well with actors and the setting they have. It just keeps extracting the humanity drip by drip. In this latest episode I liked the interaction between Daniel and Tawney and the tension that's so thick whenever they're in each other's presence. The flashback to Daniel and his nemesis in the prison was also telling and brilliant. Moment of the series was for me the last episode when Daniel and his "mate" from the past were tripping out on drugs and booze. That was incredibly tense and one of the better constructed scenes i've seen of late. You just didn't know where it was going to go.

What took place in the opening scene of the newest episode (Daniel waking up after the tripping scene) will bite him in the bottom. I have zero doubt the body will resurface next episode.

Those last few minutes in the latest episode...
The look on Ted Sr's face. We've only had 14 or something episodes, but the emotional attachment I have for Daniel is unlike any other show I've seen.

Well season finale next week :( (no news on it being renewed either).

Liked the latest episode. B+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the last episode again & it really is an outstanding bit of tv imho, real pity it had to end for now as it's been the best thing going for a while.
Little doubt in my mind now that Daniel didnt kill Hannah & that the DA will backout of the plea deal once Ted's complaint is heard & shortly after the police learn of the body of whatshisname in the river. So back to court for a retrial awaits it appears

Finally finished season 2 after having to put it on the back burner for a few weeks. Another brilliant season of television and I loved every minute of it. For the most part I haven't cared whether or not he was guilty and just been enjoying the ride, but after that last episode, I desperately want him to be innocent.

Also, only just found out that the actor playing Daniel is Australian and that his portrait was an artwork that I had as my desktop picture because I loved it so much. Was a weird realisation.

I'm super excited for season 3.

Such a great tv show. Beautifully written, acted and directed. It's a very intelligent show, thoughtful and complex in it's themes and subtle as well. Not to mention a killer soundtrack.

Me and the missus watched this when it first came out. Definitely one of the best tv shows I've seen. Up there with Breaking Bad, True Detective, Hannibal. Aden Young is superb and deserves all the awards for his acting.

Such a great change of pace to other tv shows out there. Full of emotion, willing to take time to develop characters. Can't say enough good things about the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back