Red Faces 2014 ... bookmark it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, it seems the footy-starved denizens of BF have posted weirder and wackier things with each passing day, and it's not even summer yet! We have already descended into the red-faced realm of fatuous forecasts and preposterous prognostications for the 2014 season.

So I thought I'd better give you a proper thread to do it in, even before we have formally wrapped up the 2013 predictions.

Here's the rules (just so we can hold you to account!):
  • Predict anything you want as long as it's about AFL footy. Player predictions are limited to WB players / tradees / draftees. Club predictions (eg Saints for wooden spoon) can be about any AFL club, not just WB.
  • Predictions must be objectively verifiable by the end of 2014 (so no more "Hrovat will be a 200 game player" or "Scharenberg will end up being the best player from the 2014 draft" because those calls take up to 10 years to prove. And you can't say things like "Stringer will go ape when we play Carlton" because ... well WTF does it even mean and how do you prove it?)
  • You may make predictions yourself here, but I really like catching people shooting off their mouths in some other thread, so feel free to dob them in with a link to the post if you see any of it. To qualify it has to be a bold and confident statement that brooks no contradiction like "you heard it here first", "bookmark it", "I'm calling it now" or "I'll walk naked down Collins St if it does not happen".
  • No pussy calls please. Things like "Libba will play at least 15 games this year" or "Gia to retire some time in 2014". Show some courage!
I've recalibrated the dogwatch Degree of Difficulty (dDoD) scale for 2014 as follows:
The odds are hypothetical. I'm not taking any bets.
The points in the red columns are what you score in the Nostradamus Award depending on whether your prediction came true or not.

I will aim to rate each prediction with a dDoD score as soon as possible so it accurately reflects its chances at the time the call was made (but sometimes I will be away from the keyboard for weeks at a time, so you'll just have to trust me ;)). The dDoD rating is not negotiable (but bribes will be considered).

I will eventually transfer here all the 2014 predictions from the 2013 thread but feel free to transfer them yourself if you like.

I now declare the 2014 redface season OPEN!
:oops: :D

Liam Jones Will Kick 40+ Goals in 2014

• You may make predictions yourself here, but I really like catching people shooting off their mouths in some other thread, so feel free to dob them in with a link to the post if you see any of it. To qualify it has to be a bold and confident statement that brooks no contradiction like "you heard it here first", "bookmark it", "I'm calling it now" or "I'll walk naked down Collins St if it does not happen".
Well, cross#4 is screwed.

T.Williams will play 18 games next year

Prudden to play 4 games

Roberts to cement himself in the senior team when fully healthy.

Wallis, Dahl, libba, Roughie and Talia will become under 25 AA

Bulldogs:
Roughead will be an All-Australian backman
Liberatore will win the Best & Fairest
Jones will win the goalkicking, irrespective of whether or not we recruit Crameri
Jake Stringer will kick 6 goals on Saturday Night Footy on FTA - he's made for the big stage

Others:
Scott Watters sacked within 15 rounds next year

I will shoot myself after repeatedly checking big footy to see if any trades have been done only to be disappointed one too any times.

don't pay any attention to my trade news ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fletcher Roberts will play 8+ games in 2014.
Libba will get an AA nomination.
Cooney will kicked 30+ goals.

Libba will be in the AA centre line.

Aish will not slide past pick 4.

Dogs will make finals.

Prudden to debut in round 10 after being sidelined with an ankle injury (1 week)

Liam Jones Will Kick 40+ Goals in 2014
dDoD 5 - main season proper (not NAB Cup) - doesn't count goals kicked in the warm-ups
Stringer 30 goals.
dDoD 4 - main season proper (not NAB Cup)
Hunter will put in a b.o.g performance.
dDoD 6 - as determined by the Ching
We will not draft Dayle Garlett.
dDoD 1 (hiss)
Libba wins the brownlow
dDoD 8 (but you'll get better odds at Sportsbet!)
Shaun Higgins will play 20+ games in 2014
dDoD 5 - must be main season only, must be in the seniors (not VFL)
T.Williams will play 18 games next year
dDoD 5 - must be main season only, must be in the seniors (not VFL)
Prudden to play 4 games
exactly four? dDoD 6 - must be main season only, must be in the seniors (not VFL)
Roberts to cement himself in the senior team when fully healthy.
He's hardly going to cement himself in when he's unhealthy, VD.
dDoD 6 - must play at least 5 straight senior games and not get dropped (no penalty pts if injured)
Wallis, Dahl, libba, Roughie and Talia will become under 25 AA
DQ. I presume you mean AAs some time in the next few years. Needs to be 2014 only.

Damn it I wanted that one :p

Jarrad Grant will kick 40+ goals in 2014, if he stays with the dogs
dDoD 4
Bulldogs:
Roughead will be an All-Australian backman
dDoD 8 in 2014
Liberatore will win the WB Best & Fairest
dDoD 4 in 2014
Jones will win the goalkicking, irrespective of whether or not we recruit Crameri
dDoD 4
Jake Stringer will kick 6 goals on Saturday Night Footy on FTA - he's made for the big stage
dDoD 9 (not saying Jake can't kick 6 but how often do we get FTA on a Sat night??)
Others:
Scott Watters sacked within 15 rounds next year
Haha - nice one, but DQ (see rules)
The Dogs will have 4 rising star nominations in 2014 .
dDoD 5 - a canny call there, EWD. We still have Stringer, Hunter, Hrovat + new draftees eligible so it could happen, especially if the draft really is shallow. Oh and I nearly forgot the Prud.
Fletcher Roberts will play 8+ games in 2014.
dDoD 4 - must be in seniors in main season (not NAB Cup)
Libba will get an AA nomination.
dDoD 3 - unlucky not to get one in 2013
Cooney will kicked 30+ goals.
dDoD 5
Libba will be in the AA centre line.
dDoD 5
Aish will not slide past pick 4.
dDoD 2
Dogs will make finals.
dDoD 5
Prudden to debut in round 10 after being sidelined with an ankle injury (1 week)
Haha
Crameri to lead out goal kicking.
dDoD 3
Libba top 5 brownlow.
dDoD 6
The Australian government to pass same sex marriage and Griffen will be my husband.(no homo but maybe a little)
More chance that you will have a sex change and the law won't be needed. Now that's REALLY putting your nuts on the line and your c*ck on the block!!
A Vital Dread trade troll will come true, albeit by accident
Haha, nice twist. Who can tell with VD?

Liam Jones to win the goal kicking but still get bagged every week
dDoD 4
Christian Howard to improve and play 8+ games
dDoD 5 - I presume you mean WB games, not Footscray games!
Stringer to win the Rising Star
dDoD 6
Wallis Top 3 in WB B+F
dDoD 6

Would 'Saints to be the first club to sack the senior coach in 2014' qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back