Red Faces 2014 ... bookmark it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedantry.jpg

I'll go one step further - neither on any of our lists at the end of the season.
What is going to happen to them? Both accept that they have completely lost it and retire before the end of the season? [So they are gone 'at' the end of the season... or do you mean they'll retire at the end of the season?]

What is going to happen to them? Both accept that they have completely lost it and retire before the end of the season? [So they are gone 'at' the end of the season... or do you mean they'll retire at the end of the season?]
With Boyd I think it'll be a Cross type situation; either that or he'll retire on his own accord at the end of the year. Picken I'm not quite sure on, but we seem to have recruited to replace those guys and have shown with the movements of Marko, Cross and Lower that we're moving past the 'valuable foot soldier' players at the moment.

FWIW not necessarily saying that they're the calls I'd make (as it'll depend on how things go this year, of course), I just feel as though both of them may not be on the list come next season.

Picken can still tag in this league. We marginalised him to the point of redundancy when we a) sighed lower and then B) moved wallis into the role.

Picken was once an excellent footy asset, and we've managed to make that disappear. Some of our worst list management IMO.

Picken can still tag in this league. We marginalised him to the point of redundancy when we a) sighed lower and then B) moved wallis into the role.

Picken was once an excellent footy asset, and we've managed to make that disappear. Some of our worst list management IMO.
Perhaps macca doesnt want a 'wasted' player tagging, but one that can both tag and attack effectivly. Although that wasnt Lower, but he was moved on. I think we get more out of Wallis in that role personaly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale Morris to make the all Australian squad.

If Picken played well enough he would not have been threatened or diminished by Lower and Wallis. Picken is a warrior - fearless and very team oriented - but so too was Lower and certainly Wallis is. Picken's own footballing limitations are the only thing that will have diminished his perceived value in my view. The club hasn't damaged Pickens' value.

If Picken played well enough he would not have been threatened or diminished by Lower and Wallis. Picken is a warrior - fearless and very team oriented - but so too was Lower and certainly Wallis is. Picken's own footballing limitations are the only thing that will have diminished his perceived value in my view. The club hasn't damaged Pickens' value.
Just can't agree with that mutt. Picken wasn't even given a chance to tag last year. He was moved to cover a hole in defence, not because his form as a tagger had diminished. Anyways....

Just can't agree with that mutt. Picken wasn't even given a chance to tag last year. He was moved to cover a hole in defence, not because his form as a tagger had diminished. Anyways....

No problem Fronk - if we all had identical opinions about everything it'd be a very boring world. :p I like that you and black pup (among others) are happy to express views about players regardless of the popularity or otherwise of your view.

Let's hope this forum stays that way for many years to come. Our tolerance and goodwill might be sorely tested when we have some disappointing performances though (as we may against West Coast soon - I have a funny, bad feeling about that game.)

- Jones to kick more goals that Crameri
- Libba 15+ Brownlow Votes
- Griffen and Libba in AA Squad
- Libba B+F Winner
- Cooney to poll more Brownlow votes than Griffen

That's a massive call
Not out of the question but a lot of things would have to go right for us and wrong for other clubs, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back