Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Really need to get a result in away games as it seems the Adelaide Oval is an absolute road even with the drop in pitches.

I think Mennie will be given a spell, only bowled 8 overs in the Tigers second dig.

I hope Reed plays - IMO he's a better option than most of the faster bowlers we have served up this year, who clearly are not red ball / four day bowlers.
You know more about him than me, does he have a POD to Hastings or Boland? Faster? Swing it more?

You know more about him than me, does he have a POD to Hastings or Boland? Faster? Swing it more?
Faster, taller - more awkward - saw him live just before Xmas and thought to self "wouldn't like to face this bloke" Hastings is a big unit but he's not quick and is more of a one day bowler - ditto Boland and McKay. We need 4 day bowlers in the shield, hopefully Jake can be that man. Jake Haberfield is also trundling around in the District scene but he needs to get a tad fitter or faster to be a viable option. When we ruled the domestic scene we had Stickers, Dirk an emerging Siddle and a few others that were in the genuine scary quick category (I've faced Harwood in a game before he became "refined" - it was not fun!) - I don't think we have that and that IMO is what we need as the majority of our attack has a vanilla flavour to it.

The Redbacks have proved you don't necessarily need an out and out quick, but I rate their medium pacers (Sayers & Putland) in particular and together with Copeland they are the most underrated bowlers in the country.

Andrew McDonald playing in our futures team or whatever they call it now. Doubt he'll play Sheffield Shield this season but will be a huge inclusion next season.

Andrew McDonald playing in our futures team or whatever they call it now. Doubt he'll play Sheffield Shield this season but will be a huge inclusion next season.

He's only playing 2 days of it. Lawford to come in, from memory.

I doubt Botha will be back next season. McDonald in at 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None, but I feel he's done his job for 2 years and SA can go "Thanks for your help"

Bring him in as a coach, I don't want to loose him around the group, he has that winners mentality which has been lacking for 20 years in this state!

J.Botha for Premier!

Pretty sure that Andrew McDonald is still in Darren Berry's plan for the remainder of this season, if he is at full fitness (unlikely) then he would be a very useful inclusion. Also for what it's worth when I was down at Adelaide Oval the other day I saw him practicing in the nets facing the pink ball.

I would have him in for Zampa and hopefully Hughes for Raphael. Then the team would look like this Klinger, Hughes, Head, Cooper, Ferguson, McDonald, Botha, Ludeman, Richardson, Mennie/Putland, Sayers

Pretty sure that Andrew McDonald is still in Darren Berry's plan for the remainder of this season, if he is at full fitness (unlikely) then he would be a very useful inclusion. Also for what it's worth when I was down at Adelaide Oval the other day I saw him practicing in the nets facing the pink ball.

I would have him in for Zampa and hopefully Hughes for Raphael. Then the team would look like this Klinger, Hughes, Head, Cooper, Ferguson, McDonald, Botha, Ludeman, Richardson, Mennie/Putland, Sayers

I'm not sure about Hughes' availability but McDonald could come in as an opening batsmen and not bowl like he did in the Ryobi cup. But that team you named is the best side IMO.

Yep would be a huge in for Zampa. Zampa bowled a lot of rubbish in the Vic game, I think we should only play him when Botha is out.

Yep would be a huge in for Zampa. Zampa bowled a lot of rubbish in the Vic game, I think we should only play him when Botha is out.

Yep, give Zampa another pre-season and say thanks to Botha and let him go back to South Africa so Zampa can play all season next year. Then maybe Andrew McDonald can captain next year or Tom Cooper? Not too sure on the other candidates.

Yep, give Zampa another pre-season and say thanks to Botha and let him go back to South Africa so Zampa can play all season next year. Then maybe Andrew McDonald can captain next year or Tom Cooper? Not too sure on the other candidates.

Would be Klinger surely?
Assuming Hughes is on national duties

Would be Klinger surely?
Assuming Hughes is on national duties

Well yeah it should be but Klinger has been there and done that and probably won't want it after being replaced by Botha and the fact that he is getting on a bit. Also SA went winless for about 2 years under Klinger's captaincy but the players available had a lot to do with that, but it does seem as though he is going well over in England captaining Gloucestershire. Hughes albeit in the BBL didn't strike me as captain material when captaining the Strikers but may be worth another go.

Brace yourselves for this one....... if Botha does move on I would not be surprised one bit if we went as far as offering Aaron Finch the captaincy over here, now I don't want that to happen but a change of scenery and anything can happen with him I reckon.

Well yeah it should be but Klinger has been there and done that and probably won't want it after being replaced by Botha and the fact that he is getting on a bit. Also SA went winless for about 2 years under Klinger's captaincy but the players available had a lot to do with that, but it does seem as though he is going well over in England captaining Gloucestershire. Hughes albeit in the BBL didn't strike me as captain material when captaining the Strikers but may be worth another go.

Brace yourselves for this one....... if Botha does move on I would not be surprised one bit if we went as far as offering Aaron Finch the captaincy over here, now I don't want that to happen but a change of scenery and anything can happen with him I reckon.

Open Clearance from this end

Even if we win the rights to host the final we have to play at Gliderol because of a Rolling Stones concert at Adelaide Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back