Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. Not a bad player Borgas.

Mate, please don't get me started. Cam Borgas is a far better player than he has been allowed to be, and should be batting top 3 for the Redbacks. He was going nicely at one stage scoring a couple of 100s at 3, until he won a stupid game of T20 making 31 from 8 balls batting at 8. From that moment on, he was classified a T20 player and couldn't escape the stereotype.

He was beautifully well organised at the crease, played himself in, and when he had the bowlers by the shorts he could smash them all over the ground. An absolute waste of talent, but then again, it's what the Redbacks are famous for.

Mate, please don't get me started. Cam Borgas is a far better player than he has been allowed to be, and should be batting top 3 for the Redbacks. He was going nicely at one stage scoring a couple of 100s at 3, until he won a stupid game of T20 making 31 from 8 balls batting at 8. From that moment on, he was classified a T20 player and couldn't escape the stereotype.

He was beautifully well organised at the crease, played himself in, and when he had the bowlers by the shorts he could smash them all over the ground. An absolute waste of talent, but then again, it's what the Redbacks are famous for.

Never understood that. Sure he was a capable t20 player but he looked ideally suited to four day cricket to me.

Borgas had plenty of chances. Played 30+ shield games, averaged 30.

His brother on the other hand...

In comparison with others, Cam didn't get enough chances. His brother Jason played season of Sheffield Shield, and I think he averaged in the 40s as an opener, not a bad effort. Brilliant fieldsman as well. First match of the next season, makes a pair .... career over.

When these guys see players now getting picked for Australia with 1st class averages in the low 40s, they must wonder what's going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Precisely. When a player has the ability, you stick by them.

Or if they are the best available at the level below you stick with them. This attitude of picking people on potential etc frustrates me. Pick the 11 best performed blokes at the time and if the guys with potential want to get a run then they need to perform at the level below to force their way in

Yep. Jason recently retired. Finished his career as Sturt's greatest ever run scorer, going past Vic Richardson this year.
Had a brilliant temperament for an opening batsman. Could bat for long periods of time, left hander. Through an era we were screaming out for an opener!

Baffling.

Pop quiz... which Borgas brother had the higher batting average? The one given 37 games or the one given 5 games?

Had a brilliant temperament for an opening batsman. Could bat for long periods of time, left hander. Through an era we were screaming out for an opener!

Baffling.

Pop quiz... which Borgas brother had the higher batting average? The one given 37 games or the one given 5 games?
I'm guessing the one with 5.

...thanks

The point was that they didn't just carry a batter with a 25 batting average because he had talent

He was also our 5th bowler and taking handy wickets

40 wickets at 38.

Useful I guess but he was still carried.

Borgas should have got another run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back