Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I would make Cooper captain. He's at a stage where he seems to know his game well, has leadership qualities and is a smart captain. and if you don't want Putland, we'll take him off your hands :D

Finch for Putland - DEAL

McDonald (if he can get fit - big IF) is your Captain, proven leader of men, astute cricket brain.

Finch for Putland - DEAL

McDonald (if he can get fit - big IF) is your Captain, proven leader of men, astute cricket brain.
Dirk Nannes was last decent left arm quick we had. Putland is better.

Putland is a good bowler and required, but his body does let him down. Fast bowling stocks are good, like the look of Nick Winter and Elliot Opie coming through, will probably squeeze out Joe Mennie who is pretty handy himself.

Do people think Alex Gregory will push for Shield selection next year?

Doubt Alex Gregory is ready. Kelvin Smith and Alex Ross are probably the next 2 in line and Gregory is probably another season off. And head a rumour that Peter George is off to Tassie, good luck to him if true. Mennie interstate wouldn't be a huge loss in the scheme of things if Putland is fit. I would say Sayers and Richardson are almost certain starters and then not having Mennie makes the selection side of things a bit easier.

Richardson has not produced a lot lately I would have Mennie in the team ahead of him at the moment. Hope he doesn't go anywhere.

I just think they want to develop Richardson, I agree Mennie has probably done more. Also the fact that he is a local influences it I reckon. Looks bad having a team consisting of over half imports imo, even though Richardson is a territorian.
They and ACT don't really count as "imports"

Richardson has not produced a lot lately I would have Mennie in the team ahead of him at the moment. Hope he doesn't go anywhere.

Yeah, Richardson is the weak link in their bowling lineup. Mennie isn't as fashionable, but I think he would be much more reliable.

Opie needs to find another couple of yards as he hasn't had a huge impact so far in grade cricket. Richardson is that hit and miss it is not funny but it is his first season after having to seriously fix his run up otherwise he knows he'll never be considered for national duties. Tends to take a few in one innings and none in the other or vice versa. Apparently Botha is retiring? Andrews likely to get at least a rookie if that is the case. Zampa needs time in the spin stocks. Not sure what they're doing with Lawford, was he meant to be a BBL prospect and then didn't get anywhere?

If Botha goes expect to see Andrews play most of the Ryobi Cup. Very good limited overs bowler but maybe not the best Shield option at this stage.

Gregory isn't ready for Shield cricket. Just can't keep himself free of injury at this stage.

Check out this scorecard from the last round of Grade Cricket. Jake Weatherald with 185 (143) and Kelvin Smith with 159 (122). A couple of teenagers absolutely monstering A Grade cricket.

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=1528946

Opie needs to find another couple of yards as he hasn't had a huge impact so far in grade cricket. Richardson is that hit and miss it is not funny but it is his first season after having to seriously fix his run up otherwise he knows he'll never be considered for national duties. Tends to take a few in one innings and none in the other or vice versa. Apparently Botha is retiring? Andrews likely to get at least a rookie if that is the case. Zampa needs time in the spin stocks. Not sure what they're doing with Lawford, was he meant to be a BBL prospect and then didn't get anywhere?

If Botha retires who becomes Captain?

Hughes has a shocking record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Botha goes expect to see Andrews play most of the Ryobi Cup. Very good limited overs bowler but maybe not the best Shield option at this stage.

Gregory isn't ready for Shield cricket. Just can't keep himself free of injury at this stage.

Check out this scorecard from the last round of Grade Cricket. Jake Weatherald with 185 (143) and Kelvin Smith with 159 (122). A couple of teenagers absolutely monstering A Grade cricket.

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=1528946

Smith will get a shot as he has been playing 2nd XI and scores tons, Weatherald made a ton for the NT against PNG in the Premier League, got starts in other games. This season Sturt finally gave him a run at the top of the order in a consistent fashion, particular for ODers he is solid. Can hit a seriously clean ball. Other than that his scorecard isn't too flash for the season but if they back him, he is a pretty good prospect. Himself, Andrews and another bloke, Patrick Pisel all originate from Darwin and have all gone through the junior system together, Pisel recently played 2nd XI for NSW.

Botha's signed on for next year. Should be a very decent side when everyone's available.

Hughes
Klinger
Head
Cooper
Ferguson
McDonald
Botha
Ludeman
Richardson
Sayers
Putland
12th: Mennie

Klinger
Hughes
Cosgrove
Ferguson
Cooper
McDonald
Botha
Ludeman
Richardson
Sayers
Putland

Head, Zampa, Mennie, Smith all around the mark.

Have we lost anyone yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back