4. Ferguson
5. Cooper
6. Ludeman
7. Zampa
8. Andrews
9. Richardson
10. Sayers
11. Benton

Really hard having a wicketkeeper who is an ordinary batsman and no genuine all-rounders. Would love to see Ross get a game but we do need 5 bowling options I feel.

Don't know much about him, but could be tempting to throw Valente in there as I think he's an all-rounder. Would certainly give the team more balance.

Predicting our first Shield team

1. Cosgrove
2. K Smith (hopefully not Raphael)
3. Ferguson
4. Head
5. Cooper
6. Ross (Smith bats at 6 if Raphael is preferred as an opener and Ross carries the drinks)
7. Ludeman (or anyone else that owns keeping gear)
8. Zampa
9. Mennie (hopefully Putland if fit)
10. Richardson
11. Sayers
Ross and Lehmann in the 12. One to be 12th, other to bat 6.

Worrall in for Sayers. Ankle still not quite right for 4 days I guess. Sensible not to cook him in Game 1. It's a long season.

Who is the next keeper in line after Ludeman? Nielsen keeping is average and his batting would be at best on par with Ludeman.

Honestly don't see too many changes from their Matador team to Sheffield Shield. Andrews more likely to be 12th man than anyone.

Who is the next keeper in line after Ludeman? Nielsen keeping is average and his batting would be at best on par with Ludeman.
Nielsen looked a bit out of his depth in the Futures game vs Bollinger. Wasn't alone. Doesn't seem as though he'd be ready to step straight in if Ludemann broke a finger.

Tim Davey and Alex Carey have been the next in line for a while without ever really nailing their chance.

Hopefully Ludemann stays fit!

Nielsen looked a bit out of his depth in the Futures game vs Bollinger. Wasn't alone. Doesn't seem as though he'd be ready to step straight in if Ludemann broke a finger.

Tim Davey and Alex Carey have been the next in line for a while without ever really nailing their chance.

Can't Smith or Head keep? From memory?

Can't Smith or Head keep? From memory?
Head was a keeper up until about 14yo but not at this level I don't think. He could do it in a pinch if the keeper went down during a game but we wouldn't go in with him as the main keeper.

Knowing South Australia, Raphael must be due to play 5-6 games
Now that I think about it, Raphael wicket keeps for his club and is handy enough. He'd probably be No 2. At least until Nielsen gets a bit more experience behind him.

Head was a keeper up until about 14yo but not at this level I don't think. He could do it in a pinch if the keeper went down during a game but we wouldn't go in with him as the main keeper.

Now that I think about it, Raphael wicket keeps for his club and is handy enough. He'd probably be No 2. At least until Nielsen gets a bit more experience behind him.

Raphael it is then.

For matches at Adelaide Oval, I would be looking at:
1. Cosgrove
2. Smith
3. Head
4. Ferguson
5. Cooper
6. Ludeman
7. Zampa
8. Andrews
9. Richardson
10. Sayers
11. Benton

Really hard having a wicketkeeper who is an ordinary batsman and no genuine all-rounders. Would love to see Ross get a game but we do need 5 bowling options I feel.

Don't know much about him, but could be tempting to throw Valente in there as I think he's an all-rounder. Would certainly give the team more balance.

You'd probably be dropping Andrews to fit Valente in and Andrews is a much better batsman. He's actually been a standout with the bat in grade cricket/premier league.

I just hope Kelv Smith gets a full season and has a big year.

Yeah, Davey has typically struggled with the step up to Futures cricket. Nielson not ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For matches at Adelaide Oval, I would be looking at:
1. Cosgrove
2. Smith
3. Head
4. Ferguson
5. Cooper
6. Ludeman
7. Zampa
8. Andrews
9. Richardson
10. Sayers
11. Benton

Ludeman at 6? Yucky.

Ross and Lehmann in the 12. One to be 12th, other to bat 6.

Worrall in for Sayers. Ankle still not quite right for 4 days I guess. Sensible not to cook him in Game 1. It's a long season.
Is this official? I can't find the squad for SA, Vic or Tassie

Is this official? I can't find the squad for SA, Vic or Tassie
I think the 12 is:

Cosgrove
Smith
Head
Ferguson
Cooper
Ross
Lehmann
Ludemann
Zampa
Richardson
Mennie
Worrall

Not sure if this is official though. Just what I've heard.

Also the game has been put back to Wednesday. I thought it was a Tuesday start originally.

I think the 12 is:

Cosgrove
Smith
Head
Ferguson
Cooper
Ross
Lehmann
Ludemann
Zampa
Richardson
Mennie
Worrall

Not sure if this is official though. Just what I've heard.

Also the game has been put back to Wednesday. I thought it was a Tuesday start originally.
It was always Wednesday. Today is Tuesday.

It was always Wednesday. Today is Tuesday.
I think it was originally a Tuesday start but the states complained that there wasn't enough time between the Matador Cup grand final and the first day of the Shield competition. Fair enough too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back