Draft Review 2006 - Redo the 2006 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would be infront of him.
Remember this is as if someone had to draft them again. Midfielders are a dime a dozen.

Obviously Robbie Gray.

Sure Jack has been a gun since 21 years of age and Gray was mediocre and constantly injured until 26 years of age, but Gray's 2 good seasons are apparently enough to leapfrog Jack.

Seriously though, Selwood is the only one that is clearly ahead of him at the moment, with Boak and Kennedy probably ahead too (although both have had fewer top line seasons than what Jack has).

Jack clearly ahead of Hawkins.

Obviously Robbie Gray.

Sure Jack has been a gun since 21 years of age and Gray was mediocre and constantly injured until 26 years of age, but Gray's 2 good seasons are apparently enough to leapfrog Jack.

Seriously though, Selwood is the only one that is clearly ahead of him at the moment, with Boak and Kennedy probably ahead too (although both have had fewer top line seasons than what Jack has).

Jack clearly ahead of Hawkins.
Goldstein would be above him as well.

Yeh I can see that just because a great ruck is even more rare than a gun KPP. So you have Goldstein in front because hes a rare gun ruck, Selwood because hes such a great leader and player. And then .....? Thats why I say Jacks top 3.
I'd have Jack around three. I've been particularly impressed with his all round game this season.

Keep an eye on Mitch Thorpe, currently the best player in Tasmania

Astute choice by us at #6, who'd want that Selwood hack that got picked up next

Not Kennedy. Gun forwards are a lot harder to get than gun midfielders. In a draft Jack would probably be higher.

He's just not that good. You keep saying he is a gun forward but that is very debatable. Just because nobody picked you up the first time you described him like that, doesn't mean many disagreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's just not that good. You keep saying he is a gun forward but that is very debatable. Just because nobody picked you up the first time you described him like that, doesn't mean many disagreed.
What is it now. 6 straight years of 50+ goals in a season? 2 Coleman medals. Most goals kicked in the last 6 years behind Buddy.
Yeh he's a gun no doubt, there is no debate to be had.

What is it now. 6 straight years of 50+ goals in a season? 2 Coleman medals. Most goals kicked in the last 6 years behind Buddy.
Yeh he's a gun no doubt, there is no debate to be had.
Statistically similar to Fevola's output. Over his career, Reiwoldt has not been a great team player, and has rightfully been judged harshly by former footballers n the media. To his credit, the penny has dropped this year, and he's become a more rounded player, and is getting due recognition.

Rank your top 10 players in the AFL. Will be surprised if you have any forwards. Maybe Buddy.

The best players in the comp are mids.
I know. But this thread is not rank the players of the draft, its re-do the draft.
Which is completely different. An elite KPP is worth more than an elite midfielder in a draft because they are much more rare.

Statistically similar to Fevola's output. Over his career, Reiwoldt has not been a great team player, and has rightfully been judged harshly by former footballers n the media. To his credit, the penny has dropped this year, and he's become a more rounded player, and is getting due recognition.
So, so, so very false. Please don't listen to the media. Back in 2010 he was called selfish because we literally had no one else to kick goals so he did most of it, the years since then he has been selfless, the media has just taken this long to realize it. He was sitting no.1 in the comp for goal assists in the H&A season in 2013 and in the top 10 all the way back in 2011.

I know. But this thread is not rank the players of the draft, its re-do the draft.
Which is completely different. An elite KPP is worth more than an elite midfielder in a draft because they are much more rare.

Josh Kennedy is number 1 in contested possessions. A contested beast is just as hard to find as a gun forward.

His average makes him 24th - which is the same as Jarrod Waite in goal kicking averages.
Sitting at 13th for total. Much harder to average 13 CP a game for 23 games, then 15 for 5. Matt Thomas has played 2 games but sits at 20 because he averaged 12 in those 2 games. Thats why total is a much better stat.
Not to mention there are far more midfielders than forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back