Draft Review 2007 - Redo the 2007 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said they weren't? I didn't say you said he was s**t, I said he's not s**t, which you were intimating with your comment that his disposal is s**t.

hey' if you wish to switch the subject then go for your life podge.
I'm not really interested in getting into a whole debate about the meaning of the word poor and s**t.

Was discussing the impact Taylor could have had on Richmond had he been drafted to them in 2007 instead of Cotchin.

Geelong have been trying to land a quality young midfielder for a while now.

Boak, Dangerfield, Taylor Adams. Cotchin fits the bill, and is the kind of player they obviously feel they are in desperate need of.

Richmond on the other hand have recently gone after Shaun Hampson (ruck) , Matt Thomas (mid) and Aaron Edwards (fwd). They don't seem to feel that they need another big key defender that much.

Boak, Dangerfield, Taylor Adams. Cotchin fits the bill, and is the kind of player they obviously feel they are in desperate need of.

Richmond on the other hand have recently gone after Shaun Hampson (ruck) , Matt Thomas (mid) and Aaron Edwards (fwd). They don't seem to feel that they need another big key defender that much.

can your opinions of Geelong going hard for midfielders describe why Stephen Wells and his recruiting staff went for
Rivers (tall defender), McIntosh (ruck), Caddy (inside mid), Thurlow (defender), Lang (utility), Jansen (inside mid), Kolodjashnij (tall defender), Toohey (tall defender) and Bourke (wing) over the past 2 years as I can only see two hard bodied midfielders out of all those selections.
One suspects they would not have got Caddy had Boak arrived at Geelong.

....on the other hand, never mind podge.

can your opinions of Geelong going hard for midfielders describe why Stephen Wells and his recruiting staff went for
Rivers (tall defender), McIntosh (ruck), Caddy (inside mid), Thurlow (defender), Lang (utility), Jansen (inside mid), Kolodjashnij (tall defender), Toohey (tall defender) and Bourke (wing) over the past 2 years as I can only see two hard bodied midfielders out of all those selections.
One suspects they would not have got Caddy had Boak arrived at Geelong.

....on the other hand, never mind podge.

Those players are mostly draft picks, all 3-5 years away . . . In terms of immediate need, then Geelong have earmarked inside midfielders with pace, so cotchin would fit the bill.

Those players are mostly draft picks, all 3-5 years away . . . In terms of immediate need, then Geelong have earmarked inside midfielders with pace, so cotchin would fit the bill.

sorry podge but your wrong yet again as Jansen will likely play a few games this year and Caddy was immediate also.

We tried to get a quality midfielder in 2012, that was Boak, obviously not successful so they went after another future gun in Caddy and were successful so explain who else Geelong have been trying to land for a few years now?

sorry podge but your wrong yet again as Jansen will likely play a few games this year and Caddy was immediate also.

Yes, Caddy was brought in from the Gold Coast as a mature ager.

We tried to get a quality midfielder in 2012, that was Boak, obviously not successful so they went after another future gun in Caddy and were successful so explain who else Geelong have been trying to land for a few years now?

Dangerfield, Taylor Adams.

Cotchin, Dangerfield and Taylor could all be 1, 2, or 3 depending on club need.

I don't think any of these 3 are a clear number 1 pick.

Dangerfield the most versatile, game changing player for mine though. Prob tips him into 1st.

Lets try and keep this thread on topic.

Want to talk in-depth about individual teams? Off to your or their (if game) respective club board. Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle was in most AA squads at half year. He tapered off towards the end like the entire team did. His best is up with the best in the AFL. Will be very interesting to see how strong Thompson is to have Carlisle stay forward - the temptation to swing him back once a forward line is on top will be huge.

If I followed essendon I would be extremely nervous when Hooker has ball in hand - he improved on and is better now playing within his limitation - but the fear would still be there.

Us Roo supporters saw how important that role is with Hanson in career best form playing a similar role.

Your B&F speaks volumes.

One thing Hooker does better than most key backs is work below his knees - He's an exceptionally clean ball handler.

I have spoken to a Carlton official about Kreuzer and to date has not been the player they had hoped - so many times you will look at his stats he has had a 12-14 dispoal game. He does not know how to get a cheap kick and put pressure on the opposition ruck.
LOL.

Kreuzer's defensive side is what separates him from Jacobs, Warnock and Hampson. BOG against Goldstein with Carlton playing defensively against their North Melbourne opponents last year.

LOL.

Kreuzer's defensive side is what separates him from Jacobs, Warnock and Hampson. BOG against Goldstein with Carlton playing defensively against their North Melbourne opponents last year.

Yeah 17 touches that day - above his normal output.

You do know who is the better performed ruckman?

Would we be in agreement if I said Masten is now the better player and has had better performances than Scooter?

Looking at a comparison of their respective 2013 seasons not alot splits them at all. There was a perception that last year Selwood used the ball poorly but the stats suggest that he was a little hard done by.

Masten's 2013 probably still shades Scooters, but I think Scooter has played at a higher level for longer and also has the added bonus of being an elite stopper. Masten looks to have gone up a level this preseason though and if he continues this form into the season proper then we would be very blessed if he wasn't the better performer of the two.

Cotchin performed in the only one final he has played so far, I don't think you can question his September credentials.

Well pointed out Hodgey. In his first final, I thought Cotchin with 26 disposals, 2 goals and 129 SC pts was pretty impressive.

Joel Selwood's first final this year in their shock loss to Fremantle yielded 21 disposals, no goals and 91 SC pts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back