Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying they aren't..a awfully defensive arent you.
I'm just saying theyre no where near where many North posters have them, typical north delusions, make a final series get obliterated, then dont even make the finals, still theink their team is good :eek:
When did any of us say that? You were just trolling. Well done. You guys will spiral down to the bottom for years after Judd is done, your list is in horrible shape now.

1. Fyfe
2. Carlisle
3. Martin
4. Talia
5. Gunston
6. Jetta
7. Christensen
8. Stratton
9. Black
10. Duncan
11. S Reid
12. Scully
13. Trengove
14. Suckling
15. Cunnington

Rohan, Vardy, Menzel, Morabito all stiff with injury, especially Menzel who i rate better than both Geelong players on this list.

I would take Stratton in the top 5 of that draft no worries at all.

Versatile, calm, frugal defender who has shown himself to be a big game/big moment player in two prelims and on Saturday. Fast, has good spring and reads the footy through the air beautifully.

Was the equal of Lake as our best backman in 2013. Very, very good footballer.

I would take Stratton in the top 5 of that draft no worries at all.

Versatile, calm, frugal defender who has shown himself to be a big game/big moment player in two prelims and on Saturday. Fast, has good spring and reads the footy through the air beautifully.

Was the equal of Lake as our best backman in 2013. Very, very good footballer.

I agree that he had an excellent season but to be rated top 5 he has to either show that despite his lack of height he can play on the taller key forwards ala Gibson or become more dangerous going forward.

Martin's definitely in the top 3 for talent but his off-field issues mean there's no way I'd take him in the top 10 if the draft was to be redone. Having players who are happy to re-sign without any fuss and who are good leaders is seriously under-rated. I'd much prefer that to slightly better players who have major off-field issues and use every trick in the book to squeeze an extra few $ out of the club come contract time. It can really hurt your culture and makes it almost impossible to keep a quality list together if you do become successful.

1. Fyfe
  2. Martin
  3. Carlisle
  4. Talia
  5. Gunston
  6. Jetta
  7. Barlow (R)
  8. Trengrove
  9. Black
  10. Bastinac
  11. Christensen
  12. Stratton
  13. Crameri (R)
  14. Duncan
  15. Reid
  16. Scully
  17. Cunnington
  18. Rohan
  19. Melksham
  20. Menzel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down buddy. Let's see him do it for a whole season.
He has been good for a while now. It's just that he has gone up another level this year. 4th for contested possessions and 2nd for clearances puts him with the elite inside mids in the comp. This is not a fluke - the kid is very good. You can't redo this draft and not have him in the top 5.

He has been good for a while now. It's just that he has gone up another level this year. 4th for contested possessions and 2nd for clearances puts him with the elite inside mids in the comp. This is not a fluke - the kid is very good. You can't redo this draft and not have him in the top 5.
Yes you can.

1. Carlisle
2. Fyfe
3. Martin
4. Talia
5. Gunston

Yes you can.

1. Carlisle
2. Fyfe
3. Martin
4. Talia
5. Gunston

Fyfe and Carlisle are the only players that are in front of him. He has out performed every player in this draft this year - fyfe has been suspended so it is tough to include him. He is 6th in the coches vote this year.

Fyfe and Carlisle are the only players that are in front of him. He has out performed every player in this draft this year - fyfe has been suspended so it is tough to include him. He is 6th in the coches vote this year.
So? Just because he's outperformed them in this young year doesn't mean he's definitively ahead of them. It's still perfectly reasonable for someone to prefer Martin, Talia & Gunston to Cunnington at this point in time.

So? Just because he's outperformed them in this young year doesn't mean he's definitively ahead of them. It's still perfectly reasonable for someone to prefer Martin, Talia & Gunston to Cunnington at this point in time.
Cunnington over Martin everyday of the week. Its very obvious Martin has no growth beyond what he has achieved thus far. Cunnington will get better.

Yes you can.

1. Carlisle
2. Fyfe
3. Martin
4. Talia
5. Gunston
Yeah, this is a clear top 5 for me with Cunnington soon to bang down the door if he keeps playing the way he has the last couple of rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back