13. Adam Tomlinson
14. Jack Newnes
15. Sam Kerridge
16. Nick Haynes
17. Sam Rowe
18. Jordan Murdoch
19. Elliott Yeo
20. Sam Docherty

Pretty good effort imo - Yeo maybe a bit higher, but the big one I disagree with is Greene. I'll admit my potting of him is probably Geelong fans and Rioli-esque, but I just do not rate Greene at all. Liability in the middle. I'd have
1. Hill
2. Wingard
3. Tyson
4. Ellis
5. Neale
6. Coniglio
7. Smith
8. Sutcliffe
9. Adams
10. WHE
11. Greene
12. Mitchell
13. Newnes
14. Kerridge
15. Yeo
16. Rowe
17. Tomlinson
18. Haynes
19. Murdoch
20. Docherty

Pretty good effort imo - Yeo maybe a bit higher, but the big one I disagree with is Greene. I'll admit my potting of him is probably Geelong fans and Rioli-esque, but I just do not rate Greene at all. Liability in the middle. I'd have
1. Hill
2. Wingard
3. Tyson
4. Ellis
5. Neale
6. Coniglio
7. Smith
8. Sutcliffe
9. Adams
10. WHE
11. Greene
12. Mitchell
13. Newnes
14. Kerridge
15. Yeo
16. Rowe
17. Tomlinson
18. Haynes
19. Murdoch
20. Docherty
Yea I don't rate Greene that high with but you can't fault his performances this far, he has been pretty good. Yea plenty of others like Yeo, Murdoch, WHE, Kerridge, etc will overtake him in the long term.

Justin Clarke going seriously underrated.
I think he will be a gem in a few years, but at the moment i dont think he is any better than Sam Frost from the same draft.

This draft looks as though it will bat very deep similar to 08, so not everyone will fit in.

I think he will be a gem in a few years, but at the moment i dont think he is any better than Sam Frost from the same draft.

This draft looks as though it will bat very deep similar to 08, so not everyone will fit in.
Nah I think the 2010 draft compares to 2008's. I remember at the time some recruiters were considering this draft as a bit shallow. Great top end players like Wingard, Hill, Tyson, etc.

Hill is nowhere the best talent and player. Wingard has been AA. Ellis has been named in the AA the squad. Would love to see Hill (and Isaac Smith) fighting the fight at a bottom team like the Demons, Giants and Saints. They haven't had to push s**t up hill like Andrew Walker, Kade Simpson, Marc Murphy and Gibbs.

A former first pick such as Whitfield would also gutrun at Hawthorn.

Patton is a beast.

Rowe was first picked in the 2006 draft. Can't put him ahead of a player like Tomlinson.
Neale at 58 was steal of the draft.
Hopefully Dylan Buckley. :p

Last edited:
He's right on the fringes of 15-25 imo. Him, Frost, J.Merrett (actually he could be well inside the top 15 imo), Webster, Witts and Spurr are all worthy of top 20 spots, but so are the top 20 as well...

That's probably overrating him. I reckon he'll be a very good footballer but apart from a couple of early season games he really has yet to really have an impact in games.

That's probably overrating him. I reckon he'll be a very good footballer but apart from a couple of early season games he really has yet to really have an impact in games.

Other than Kerridge v North, the bottom quarter of the top 20 hasn't really impacted games either. Rowe getting there but he's an able defender at the moment, nothing more, Tomlinson is ok, Haynes is under the radar etc.

Hill is nowhere the best talent and player. Wingard has been AA. Ellis has been named in the AA the squad. Would love to see Hill (and Isaac Smith) fighting the fight at a bottom team like the Demons, Giants and Saints. They haven't had to push s**t up hill like Andrew Walker, Kade Simpson, Marc Murphy and Gibbs.
Yeah, like that's ever going to happen.

Will Hoskin-Elliott is right up near the top of the list now. He is arguably the quickest player at the Giants (although Pickett might match him now) he just about has the best endurance, leaps like a gazelle and is getting his kicking towards elite level. With another pre-season he will be better again, his potential is frightening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Hoskin-Elliott is right up near the top of the list now. He is arguably the quickest player at the Giants (although Pickett might match him now) he just about has the best endurance, leaps like a gazelle and is getting his kicking towards elite level. With another pre-season he will be better again, his potential is frightening.
No he isn't.

You drafted Franklin, Roughead, Ellis and Dowler in successive seasons.

Greatest club in history...
3 of those players are premiership players.

How many have Carlton drafted in the same time, may I ask?

Yes, Neale has played a season and a half of high quality football. Hoskins-Elliot probably will overtake him eventually because he oozes X Factor, but has only had about half a season of good footy. Nowhere near the top of the list. Yet!

Well so long as you see his potential, a lot of people here don't analyze the Giants properly because they don't watch enough of them. WHE missed a lot of footy early because of injury. I'd say he was our biggest improver in 2014 and has the biggest ceiling to become a genuine superstar. Along with Treloar and Cameron he is in our top 3 players ability wise.

ellis being rated so high shows how people just base it on possessions surely and actually do not watch many of richmonds games , he is ok atm and in time will be a good player but judging him right now I've never seen someone work so hard to get a possession in his defensive 50 he also takes kick outs and continually kicks it to himself which inflates his stat count he loves a pointless one two and his decision making at times is horrendous when he is fatigued , yes i know i am a hawk supporter and its always hard to try give an unbiased review but he and hill are comparable players, both don't do to much tackling and hill may get 5-10 possessions less a game but if we could see a map of where they get there possessions and what they do with them id be taking hill everyday of the week

Well so long as you see his potential, a lot of people here don't analyze the Giants properly because they don't watch enough of them. WHE missed a lot of footy early because of injury. I'd say he was our biggest improver in 2014 and has the biggest ceiling to become a genuine superstar. Along with Treloar and Cameron he is in our top 3 players ability wise.
I agree he's a gun, he's the exact type of player I want Crozier to become for us. Bit of Stevie J/Fyfe in the way Hoskin Elliot plays, very special type.

Clay Smith would be our second best mid behind Libba by now if it wasn't for the 2 knee recos (throw in a shoulder reco and Salmonella poisoning in there too, year from hell for the poor kid :()

1. Hill
2. Wingard
3. Tyson
4. Ellis
5. Neale
6. Coniglio
7. Smith
8. Sutcliffe
9. Adams
10. WHE
11. Greene
12. Mitchell
13. Newnes
14. Kerridge
15. Yeo
16. Rowe
17. Tomlinson
18. Haynes
19. Murdoch
20. Docherty
No love for Justin Clarke in the top 20 is surprising. He is probably on equal ground with Rowe and 6 years younger than Rowe so you would take Clarke. He is ahead of Adams, Kerridge, Murdoch, Haynes, Tomlinson, Rowe and Docherty. He is also on level ground with Yeo and Newnes. Before the last round of last season he had conceded the second or third least amount of goals.

He's right on the fringes of 15-25 imo. Him, Frost, J.Merrett (actually he could be well inside the top 15 imo), Webster, Witts and Spurr are all worthy of top 20 spots, but so are the top 20 as well...
Frost and Clarke should not be in the same sentence as KPD. Clarke conceded more than one goal less a game than Frost. Also, Witts hasn't been that great. I know ruckman take longer, but his performances haven't been worthy of top 20 in this draft ATM.

That last sentence is telling. I'm not saying he's not a good player, he ripped us a new one. But I wouldn't have him top 5. He's not better than Neale, Hill, Wingard, Tyson or Ellis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back