Draft Review 2011 - Redo the 2011 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

That last sentence is telling. I'm not saying he's not a good player, he ripped us a new one. But I wouldn't have him top 5. He's not better than Neale, Hill, Wingard, Tyson or Ellis.

But isn't that the idea of these threads? It's not titled 'rank the best performed players from the 2011 draft' so WHE would be in the discussion for next pick after Wingard imo.

But isn't that the idea of these threads? It's not titled 'rank the best performed players from the 2011 draft' so WHE would be in the discussion for next pick after Wingard imo.
It makes these threads a bit harder. Some people do it by potential and what they've shown. Some just rank by what's shown. Some just rank on potential.

On potential, WHE has the ability to be the best pick of the draft. Yes, better than Wingard before anybody jumps down my throat about it. He's a very special player. But will he fulfil that potential? We'll see. Hopefully he comes to the Dogs to fulfil it though :D

Will Hoskin-Elliott is right up near the top of the list now. He is arguably the quickest player at the Giants (although Pickett might match him now) he just about has the best endurance, leaps like a gazelle and is getting his kicking towards elite level. With another pre-season he will be better again, his potential is frightening.

No he isn't.

He's not now - but he will be by the end of 2015 season, book mark it. Right about to pop. I'd still comfortably take him at 4 if I were GWS retrospectively.

It makes these threads a bit harder. Some people do it by potential and what they've shown. Some just rank by what's shown. Some just rank on potential.

On potential, WHE has the ability to be the best pick of the draft. Yes, better than Wingard before anybody jumps down my throat about it. He's a very special player. But will he fulfil that potential? We'll see. Hopefully he comes to the Dogs to fulfil it though :D

I almost hit like until the last comment!

Pretty confident he will stay with us, seems a loyal lad and I think he enjoys the anonymity and space of Sydney.

He's a dead set superstar.

It's quite amazing that with 11 of the first 14 picks GWS didn't even up with any of the top 3 players from this draft.

Wingard, Ellis & Tyson.
Yet.....

This is only 3 years in. In 4 years time the top 3 and 5 could look very different.

Yet.....

This is only 3 years in. In 4 years time the top 3 and 5 could look very different.

It could, however I don't think it will change much from here. After three years into a career you get an idea of what they're capable of, sure consistency improves but generally their class has already shown.

Look at Hodge, it took him years to play consistent footy that made him elite, but in his first three years he was already showing what he was capable of, injuries just held him back.

It could, however I don't think it will change much from here. After three years into a career you get an idea of what they're capable of, sure consistency improves but generally their class has already shown.

Look at Hodge, it took him years to play consistent footy that made him elite, but in his first three years he was already showing what he was capable of, injuries just held him back.
I just reckon with GWS's make up of their team, it will take many of their players longer to show what they truly have, mainly due to having very little support, especially senior support to help them.

The thing is players like Treloar, Shiel and Cameron along with WHE are their best younger players IMO. The first 3 weren't in this Draft as they were already taken.

If they were I would have the top 3 as a pretty clear cut top 3 of Wingard, Cameron and Treloar.

So they've still done alright with the players they got from this draft year in particular.

I just reckon with GWS's make up of their team, it will take many of their players longer to show what they truly have, mainly due to having very little support, especially senior support to help them.

The thing is players like Treloar, Shiel and Cameron along with WHE are their best younger players IMO. The first 3 weren't in this Draft as they were already taken.

If they were I would have the top 3 as a pretty clear cut top 3 of Wingard, Cameron and Treloar.

So they've still done alright with the players they got from this draft year in particular.

I actually think the opposite, I think that their development has been fast tracked compared to most other clubs and then gradually the other draftees will catch up to them.

Not sure why you're including Treloar and Cameron, as you said, they weren't in this draft so they shouldn't been considered. So no, they haven't, especially considering that they had 11 picks out of the first 14.

I actually think the opposite, I think that their development has been fast tracked compared to most other clubs and then gradually the other draftees will catch up to them.

Not sure why you're including Treloar and Cameron, as you said, they weren't in this draft so they shouldn't been considered. So no, they haven't, especially considering that they had 11 picks out of the first 14.
I was just saying that if they weren't picked up prior to this and were in this Draft they would be in the top 3. So they still have 2 of the best 3 players in this Draft age group. So they aren't exactly crying about the other picks not all being 11 of the top 14 players.

I was just saying that if they weren't picked up prior to this and were in this Draft they would be in the top 3. So they still have 2 of the best 3 players in this Draft age group. So they aren't exactly crying about the other picks not all being 11 of the top 14 players.

That has nothing to do with this thread, really, absolutely nothing at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am. I'm not sure about you though, you're the one pushing this non-issue.

I'll ask the question again, why are you so desperate to take this thread off topic?
Desperate? Lol why are you so desperate to turn this into such an issue?

I just mentioned something about this draft age group and you have got so annoyed at it. Let's just leave it. Such a pointless thing to argue about.

Desperate? Lol why are you so desperate to turn this into such an issue?

I just mentioned something about this draft age group and you have got so annoyed at it. Let's just leave it. Such a pointless thing to argue about.

No, I didn't get annoyed, I pointed out to you that those players you mentioned weren't part of this draft, that's when you went on your GWS elite talent crusade. It's fact mate, I still have no idea what you were arguing about

No, I didn't get annoyed, I pointed out to you that those players you mentioned weren't part of this draft, that's when you went on your GWS elite talent crusade. It's fact mate, I still have no idea what you were arguing about
A crusade? Gee settle down.

Let it go bud

Hill is nowhere the best talent and player. Wingard has been AA. Ellis has been named in the AA the squad. Would love to see Hill (and Isaac Smith) fighting the fight at a bottom team

Sometimes it's easier to get the ball playing for a bottom team as one of the better players, as you're expected to shoulder more of the workload or get fed more of the ball by your teammates.

Sometimes it's easier to get the ball playing for a bottom team as one of the better players, as you're expected to shoulder more of the workload or get fed more of the ball by your teammates.
True for inside players maybe but not outside runners.

Why do you keep going on about it? I still have no idea what your argument was in this thread? Now you're trying to make me come across as on a crusade yet you were the one arguing about something completely irrelevant.
Going on about what? I'm trying to end this. Just leave it be mate.

It's chrissy tomorrow, enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back