2. Cripps
3. McCarthy
4. Boyd
5. Kelly
6. Billings
7. Kolo
8. Dunstan
9. McDonald
Cant really pick a tenth. Maybe Aish if he gets his skill back from the Aliens from Space Jam

Your team would give up cripps for Boyd or McCarthy in a heartbeat.

Really? Maybe if you were purely drafting for now without the future in mind. I'd take Cripps over all bar Bont and possibly McCarthy & Boyd
No offense to you but I see Cripps as a player similar to Priddis. Doesn't have a great kick but is great in close and a good clearance player. Doesn't look to have the match winning capabilities that the others have in my opinion.

No offense to you but I see Cripps as a player similar to Priddis. Doesn't have a great kick but is great in close and a good clearance player. Doesn't look to have the match winning capabilities that the others have in my opinion.
Cripps is a lot more dangerous up forward and without being elite is a much better kick than Priddis. He's clearances are also a lot more effective than Priddis' no doubt with the help from being a whole lot taller.

I see him being a lot closer to Kennedy and Watson than Priddis

I would still take Bont, Kelly, Boyd, Billings, McCarthy, Kolodjasnij all ahead of Cripps.
If you want a KPP i can see taking Boyd or McCarthy but I dont see what Billing Kolo and Kelly have done more than Cripps

Cripps is averaging 22 possesion, 5 tackles, 0.5 Goals and has had 40 or 50 clearances this year already.

He's a freak, 193cm tall, strong, but most importantly intelligent. He pauses until the right moment to perfectly hit the handpass even when getting tackled . Diesel-esque with his hands

Hahahahahahaja Priddis, wot.

I suggest you actually watch Patrick Cripps before you say that.

Whats the point in going to all of that effort? If you're going to contribute to the discussion you may as well do it on a semi serious level.

Took me like 60 seconds to do. Chill.

Okay srs:

1. Billings
2. Bont
3. McCarthy
4. Boyd
5. Kelly
6. Cripps
7. McDonald
8. Merrett
9. Taylor
10. Aish

Cripps is a lot more dangerous up forward and without being elite is a much better kick than Priddis. He's clearances are also a lot more effective than Priddis' no doubt with the help from being a whole lot taller.

I see him being a lot closer to Kennedy and Watson than Priddis
How is he a lot more dangerous up forward? Has kicked 3 goals for the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team would give up cripps for Boyd or McCarthy in a heartbeat.

Bollocks, I sure as s**t wouldn't.. Cripps is the type of contested possie ball winning mid we need, especially since Judd has retired.

Yes you would. McCarthy is set for 50 goals in his second year. When you have Casboult, Henderson and Liam Jones as key forwards, you would do that deal.

Maybe Sunshine, maybe, but certainly not Tom Boyd

Reckon you are probably under selling Cripps a bit Biscuit, would go top 3 now, if they dud the draft again.

Maybe because Carlton is so piss poor generally that Cripps decent season is being downplayed.

McCarthy certainly wouldn't kick as many goals at Carlton with our mediocre midfield (bar Cripps)

Maybe Sunshine, maybe, but certainly not Tom Boyd

Reckon you are probably under selling Cripps a bit Biscuit, would go top 3 now, if they dud the draft again.

Maybe because Carlton is so piss poor generally that Cripps decent season is being downplayed.

McCarthy certainly wouldn't kick as many goals at Carlton with our mediocre midfield (bar Cripps)
Maybe I am, but I just see a lot of growth from many of the others still. Probably says a lot about how highly I rate a lot of the blokes from the draft.

Maybe I am, but I just see a lot of growth from many of the others still. Probably says a lot about how highly I rate a lot of the blokes from the draft.

Fair comment, it does appear to be the best draft since the class of 2001, the depth and quality of the 13 class could possibly top the Hodge/Judd draft.

In a few years Boyd will make a lot of people look very silly. There's a reason he went #1, and a reason that the Dogs paid so much for him. Will be a very valuable player.
Nah, you know how it works. He's 19 and doesn't kick 5 every week, he's a bust. :drunk:

I have seen enough from him to know that he will be a powerhouse once he builds his strength and his fitness base. Attacks the ball hard which a lot of young blokes don't do.
It's crazy the criticism he gets. Only have to look at his game vs Hawthorn to see the impact he'll have in the future. Gone from the man everyone wanted to nothing in the space of a year.. for no good reason. Oh well, I'm sure it doesn't bother him/the club.

It's crazy the criticism he gets. Only have to look at his game vs Hawthorn to see the impact he'll have in the future. Gone from the man everyone wanted to nothing in the space of a year.. for no good reason. Oh well, I'm sure it doesn't bother him/the club.
The club won't be bothered at all mate. Look at how long Tomahawk took to get there, and Tomahawk at least had Mooney and Pods as foils, Boyd usually takes the best key defender each week. The guy cops a lot of unwarranted criticism IMO, but he will get through it. He is exactly the type of Key forward the dogs need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back