Reece Conca: My word that was bad...

Remove this Banner Ad

What did Fyfe get for kicking Daniel Jackson again?

2 weeks.

Shouldn't have got anything as was weak as piss, but don't compare the incidents as otherwise you can't come up with anything less then 6 weeks for Conca.

Definitely been blown out by media and the usual and his reaction may not have helped.

It was very lucky Smith wasn't more hurt. Leaving aside the injury it is the worst strike I've seen in the modern game including what Hall did.

Brereton, Lockett, Carmen etc are all from a bygone era. It's silly to bring up those guys in comparison to Conca.

For a start you can't leave aside the injury.

The fact that Barry Hall had considerable boxing experience and swung mightily and with full intent was way worse than what Conca did. Conca's act was bad, but f**k me, he just wanted to hurt Smith, not knock him into next week like Hall did. If Conca was going full pelt then Smith would not have walked away.

2 weeks.

Shouldn't have got anything as was weak as piss, but don't compare the incidents as otherwise you can't come up with anything less then 6 weeks for Conca.

Definitely been blown out by media and the usual and his reaction may not have helped.

Kicking is considered worse than striking though, so that might go some way to evening it up for Conca chasing and striking a guy who wasn't looking.

Kicking is considered worse than striking though, so that might go some way to evening it up for Conca chasing and striking a guy who wasn't looking.

Guess it depends on your interpretation of kicking.

Wasn't a good look but my baby girl would kick harder and Daniel Jackson is just a puss, who went down like he was shot.

I wouldn't consider what Fyfe did to be anywhere near what Conca the fat pud did.

But before you keep having a dig, perhaps check my first post where I said sits in the 1-2 weeks bracket before coming back at me with things that aren't comparable.

The fact that Barry Hall had considerable boxing experience and swung mightily and with full intent was way worse than what Conca did. Conca's act was bad, but f**k me, he just wanted to hurt Smith, not knock him into next week like Hall did. If Conca was going full pelt then Smith would not have walked away.

Not sure about that, they didn't even sub Staker out of the match after that punch by Hall.

Staker be one tough mofo

That was worth 5 weeks. Conca's wasn't as bad.
You and I disagree then. Conca's action was as bad if not worse.

Yes I can. The action and the outcome are separate. I was comparing the action by Hall to the action by Conca.

Lol. Yeah, just wanted to hurt him. You know this? Maybe Conca was trying to belt him hard but just didn't do it very well?

Guess it depends on your interpretation of kicking.

Wasn't a good look but my baby girl would kick harder and Daniel Jackson is just a puss, who went down like he was shot.

I wouldn't consider what Fyfe did to be anywhere near what Conca the fat pud did.

But before you keep having a dig, perhaps check my first post where I said sits in the 1-2 weeks bracket before coming back at me with things that aren't comparable.

I did read that. I just find the hysteria in this thread a bit OTT. There is no doubt that what Conca did was stupid and he will, and deserves, a holiday. But all the calls for 6 weeks, 8 weeks even, are just crazy. If Conca got a penalty like that then Gibbs would have to looking at two weeks for his hit on Ballantyne.

I apologise for the Fyfe dig, just trying to open some eyes as to some of the things that players can do and the penalties handed out.

You and I disagree then. Conca's action was as bad if not worse.

Yes I can. The action and the outcome are separate. I was comparing the action by Hall to the action by Conca.

Lol. Yeah, just wanted to hurt him. You know this? Maybe Conca was trying to belt him hard but just didn't do it very well?

Well, let's turn that around... what do you know? You're just speculating at best. Any evidence that we've seen would suggest that the scenario you have presented is not the case. Or I could argue maybe he was trying to belt him soft but just didn't do it very well.

I did read that. I just find the hysteria in this thread a bit OTT. There is no doubt that what Conca did was stupid and he will, and deserves, a holiday. But all the calls for 6 weeks, 8 weeks even, are just crazy. If Conca got a penalty like that then Gibbs would have to looking at two weeks for his hit on Ballantyne.

I apologise for the Fyfe dig, just trying to open some eyes as to some of the things that players can do and the penalties handed out.

Well again I guess why I said 1-2 weeks.

Fyfe pushed rather then kicked but it was with open studs. Should've taken the 1 week, but they fought it on the basis they thought it was insufficient force. I agreed, but like Conca wasn't a good look. So he copped 2.

If Lake and Vickery gets 4 weeks, Conca deserves much less. Then again Fyfe got done this year for 2 weeks for an accidental head bump, which currently is going to have The Brownlow taken off him.

2 weeks max. If MRP decide to get all crazy could receive 3-4.

Well, let's turn that around... what do you know? You're just speculating at best. Any evidence that we've seen would suggest that the scenario you have presented is not the case. Or I could argue maybe he was trying to belt him soft but just didn't do it very well.
Well, I saw a scuffle which finished. Then Conca chased Smith and hit him in the back if the head with his forearm. Pretty safe to presume it was a bad hit. If Conca only wanted to tickle him then maybe something less violent would have done the trick? If Conca wants to argue what you are saying then good luck to him, but on the available evidence that just isn't the case.

Well, I saw a scuffle which finished. Then Conca chased Smith and hit him in the back if the head with his forearm. Pretty safe to presume it was a bad hit. If Conca only wanted to tickle him then maybe something less violent would have done the trick? If Conca wants to argue what you are saying then good luck to him, but on the available evidence that just isn't the case.

Conca won't argue anything. Will cop what the MRP/tribunal hands out I believe.

The available evidence also says that he didn't want to do any more to him than what he did do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conca retaliated, tried to give the bloke a shove in the back to let him know it wasn't on, arm slipped causing the elbow/forearm area to be wedged in the back of players head- what's that bit where the neck meets the base of the skull? Anyway it was an unfortunate accident. Play on.

It's not Conca's fault, he's got red hair. Everyone knows redheads are genetically predisposed to anger quickly. Case dismissed!

Conca retaliated, tried to give the bloke a shove in the back to let him know it wasn't on, arm slipped causing the elbow/forearm area to be wedged in the back of players head- what's that bit where the neck meets the base of the skull? Anyway it was an unfortunate accident. Play on.

Oh jeez :eek:

This is more amazing than the Carlton board after Judd's chicken wing or the Essendon board of the last 12 months. Strong delusions right there.

'Honestly officer, I didn't mean to shoot him, I was holding the gun and my finger just slipped onto the trigger, a tragic accident is all' :D

Oh jeez :eek:

This is more amazing than the Carlton board after Judd's chicken wing or the Essendon board of the last 12 months. Strong delusions right there.

'Honestly officer, I didn't mean to shoot him, I was holding the gun and my finger just slipped onto the trigger, a tragic accident is all' :D

You laugh but that was the ridiculous excuse that Richmond used when Deledio hit Stokes earlier in the year. "he was off balance and didn't mean to hit him in the throat". Downgraded from a week to nothing.

Honestly officer, I didn't mean to shoot him, I was holding the gun and my finger just slipped onto the trigger, a tragic accident is all' :D
That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. You don't like it...

BWXpEby.gif

I think that's what happened (well, not slipped so much as ****ed up aim), but he will/should get done on what he actually did, so he's stuffed.

I agree they are not on the same scale but as you said neither are a good look. My point is they can't get stuck into Conca and then sit there and defend LeCras or any other Eagles player for an untoward act whether it's in play or behind play.
I don't know of a single Eagles fan who wasn't a troll trying to defend LeCras bump. It was reckless and high, but in play. The situations aren't the same

It's great to be on a subtopic board and not be the team getting witch hunted for once!

I would like to see a close up of the scuffle with Smith and Conca, I wonder if there is anything that Smith could have said to set him off. Dem skinfolds doe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back