Universal Love Reece McKenzie (aka THE MACK TRUCK) is the new Liam McBean!

Remove this Banner Ad

And 60's and 70's:(

Funny how when you reflect on the "good old days" you tend to wipe the crap days from memory. I was too young to remember the 60's and some of the 70's but I really think those who witnessed the 70's, 80's and 90's probably saw the best of our great game.

Funny how when you reflect on the "good old days" you tend to wipe the crap days from memory. I was too young to remember the 60's and some of the 70's but I really think those who witnessed the 70's, 80's and 90's probably saw the best of our great game.
I think the AFL also want some of those days back. That is why they are changing rules regarding interchange etc. It is not impossible that a champion albeit one dimensional player, will dominate once more.

I think the AFL also want some of those days back. That is why they are changing rules regarding interchange etc. It is not impossible that a champion albeit one dimensional player, will dominate once more.

I agree that the AFL would love a return to that style of footy but I cant see how crappy little rule changes here and there are going to work in bringing it back. They will never bring in a rule forcing players to stay in their positions with only the ruck, ruck rover and rover following the ball around the ground. That's the only rule that will give it a chance but I doubt its even possible. Also, coaches hate that sort of a player so you are behind the 8 ball straight away.

Why cant a Lead,Mark,Goal Monster foward with elite speed and fantastic hands cant make it in todays game ?

The 2 things that McKenzie will need to work on is his endurance & Defensive pressure during games and combined with Jack,Tyrone,Ben will be a massive hanfull for opposition backs (Before everybody starts going on about cant play them all in the 1 team, Im not suggesting we do) as we will get injuries during the year and i believe 'resting' players will start becoming the norm in the next few years

I wasn't surprised to be drafted... getting drafted was my greatest ever achievement.

Great to see how far my pleb team mates have come - maybe one day they too will be great footballers like myself.

What a lovely kid. Really good to watch. Might be about 7 years before he's doing pull my finger fart jokes in the locker room he's so quiet .

Spoke better than any of the draftees so far, can't pull my finger on why he went so late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaks very softly. All the better when it comes to wacking them with the big stick.

IMO, you shouldn't wack a guy like this with the big stick. Some people need to be pulled aside for a quiet chat when they have done something wrong. Other people thrive on copping the big stick. He doesn't strike me as one of those guys and probably the reason he didn't go top 10.

Manage him well and the world is his oyster.

IMO, you shouldn't wack a guy like this with the big stick. Some people need to be pulled aside for a quiet chat when they have done something wrong. Other people thrive on copping the big stick. He doesn't strike me as one of those guys and probably the reason he didn't go top 10.

Manage him well and the world is his oyster.
Hey Johnno,
A misunderstanding.
Reece will be the one wielding the big stick on some KPBs in the years to come. Hopefully.
And yes on your point definitely agree. Manage to get the best out of the individual, not one size fits all.

Don't know him from a bar of soap!

But not sure I agree that he spoke well. Hope he realises the opportunity he has and acts accordingly.

I think I detected some irony in stig's introduction.

But not sure I agree that he spoke well. Hope he realises the opportunity he has and acts accordingly.

I wouldn't read too deeply into his words mate

I thought he spoke very well for a young bloke. He's only 18 remember? Pretty sure stig wouldn't be taking the piss out of an 18 year old draftee new to the club. If he was taking the piss, I would hope that he was shown the door quick smart out of our club (stig that is). He wasn't though. Love you Stig. xx

I'm hoping for good things and wish him all the best.

My first post was a bit of an exaggerated piss-take, and I hope it was way off the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back