Regrettable Things You've Said.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going up to Sydney for a footy carnival when one of our teammates car overtakes the car I was travelling in. It was a bright sunny day and I casually mentioned that our teammate was " one of those idiots who drives with his lights on in the middle of the day". Of course the driver of the car then says that he always drives with his lights on.

I was going up to Sydney for a footy carnival when one of our teammates car overtakes the car I was travelling in. It was a bright sunny day and I casually mentioned that our teammate was " one of those idiots who drives with his lights on in the middle of the day". Of course the driver of the car then says that he always drives with his lights on.
That's his ******* problem

how can you sleep at night?

This chick at school's mum died, she lived about 500m down the road from me. We didn't have much to do with each other at school, but we caught the same bus, had to walk/chat with her for about 500m most days before she continued onto her house, unless one of her parents picked her up (pretty rare). She was a good chick and we got on well.

Anyway, when she came back to school after her mum dying, she caught the bus and I'm sitting there thinking "what the * am I gonna say?". The bus draws close to our stop, I see one of her parent's cars there, and I breathe a massive sigh of relief, no awkward conversation to be had. We then get off the bus, and it's evident she hasn't seen the car, so being the genius I am, I pipe up with "hey, your mum's there to pick you up". The look on her face, shiiieeetttttt.

She was cool enough to pretend it didn't happen... but her dad picked her up pretty much every day after that :$

1984, I'm in year11 and we're reading a ******* boring book called, I Heard The Owl Call My Name. I'm standing up at my desk reading aloud to the class.

There was a sentence/paragraph that mentioned Special School for American Indians. I read it out and promptly followed up with, 'Yeah, like Shannon Park for *******s.'

Turns out the teacher had an intellectually disabled child.

Needless to say I got kicked straight out and sent to my year co-ordinator's office for a dressing down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said this in another thread, but I once told former Glenelg footy player Nick Chigwidden's parents that I hated him. It made things a touch uncomfortable.

I was outside the G at halftime a few years ago, having a dart and talking to this guy about the footy. He asked me what I thought of Jarrod Atkinson's game. I said, "He is shithouse.", and a few other non-complimentary words and phrases. He laughs and says, "I'm his dad". My face went all kinds of red. He was really cool about it and we chatted for about five minutes afterwards.

Last edited:
Remembered something I'm not proud of....

> 2012 or 2013 Hawthorn vs Richmond
> Heading in to the match with a couple of Richmond supporting mates
> I'm getting a bit lippy bagging Richmond and what not
> I see someone with down syndrome wearing a Richmond jumper
> Turn to mate and say "That's the stock standard Richmond supporter"

Soon as I said it I rightfully felt like a massive dick

Hahahahaha, and...?
Was a lady I delivered to in the course of my work.
The stare I got was colder than a mother-in-law's kiss.
Then, nice and slowly, I was informed: "I'm NOT pregnant."
I turn red, apologise, beat hasty retreat
For some reason, she was'nt very interested in engaging conversation after that.

Maybe this qualifies for the AFS thread.

Was a lady I delivered to in the course of my work.
The stare I got was colder than a mother-in-law's kiss.
Then, nice and slowly, I was informed: "I'm NOT pregnant."
I turn red, apologise, beat hasty retreat
For some reason, she was'nt very interested in engaging conversation after that.

Lmao ouch.

:D

Lmao ouch.

:D
Similar situation has unfolded recently. Thought the lady was just putting on weight until I was introduced to a new staff member who was replacing "Laura who is going on maternity leave"
Silent, mental sigh of relief to myself.

Similar situation has unfolded recently. Thought the lady was just putting on weight until I was introduced to a new staff member who was replacing "Laura who is going on maternity leave"
Silent, mental sigh of relief to myself.

There are always a few women around my workplace getting pregnant and going on maternity leave. I always bit my tounge, never say anything until I know for certain the specific woman is actually pregnant. ;)

There are always a few women around my workplace getting pregnant and going on maternity leave. I always bit my tounge, never say anything until I know for certain the specific woman is actually pregnant. ;)
Some wise old bastard once said:
"Better to keep quiet and have others think you a fool,
Than to speak and remove all doubt"

This is not so much regrettable as it is just plain stupid...

I was at a KFC once, and while I was waiting in line, I decided what I wanted (because I never, ever, want to be one of those people who waits until they get to the counter before reading the menu).
The customer in front of me is served, and steps aside.
I go up to the counter, and...
MENTAL BLANK. My order had completely fallen out of my head.
Feeling not too bright, I apologised to the girl behind the counter, and told her that I'd just completely forgot what I wanted.
She smiles kindly, and asks me, "what's in it?"
To which I give the genius reply,
"Chicken."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back