#43 - Reilly O'Brien

Dec 14, 2002
who cares
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
I like! Got for a ruckman who can also play KP in the rookie draft. This is where you look for a ruckman. Hopefully he is as much of a rookie steal as the liked of Cox, Sandilands and Jacobs have been.

A lot of the better rucks are the ones that have been selected in a rookie draft.

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
afc.com.au has spelt his name wrong :oops:
Reilly_OBrien_620.jpg

Bacon8

Cancelled
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sunderland, Penguins, Strikers
:rolleyes: Oh Dear... didn't need any Leverage to get that one out

You can't hold the club to Ramsey-em over a typo.

Their boss is probably saying "Wil son, you made a mistake. Learn from it. It won't mcgovern your career.".

You can't hold the club to Ramsey-em over a typo.

Their boss is probably saying "Wil son, you made a mistake. Learn from it. It won't mcgovern your career.".
That's Reilly bad!!

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very astute pick.

If played he's a relief ruck but can play as a key defender, it really supports any ruck/forward. Each player can spend less time rucking and/or give Sauce a better rest as required.

MyLittleSloaney

All Australian
May 24, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
KPD's of his height will help fight the monster KPF's of the future, but jeez his kick looks average.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
I like that he's 19. Rookie ruckmen take years anyway, may as well get one who is a bit older and has already put on extra muscle mass.
Where's this extra Muscle mass you talk of??

Must be hidden inside his shorts or Guernsey cause it sure isn't evident in the pics posted above!!

Banshee23

All Australian
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWT Eagles / Grêmio / Strikers
We've well and truly addressed our need for ruck depth/options ... hoping we've got some gems.

Sauce
Luke Lowden
Reilly O'Brien
Harry Dear
JJ
Jack Osborn

To me this actually seems like a fairly safe pick. I'm not saying he'll be the next Sauce, but he has good size without being slow. Can take a grab and obviously he's got a good head on his shoulders. I like this pick.

macca23

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
KPD's of his height will help fight the monster KPF's of the future, but jeez his kick looks average.

Kicking efficiency or kicking technique?

Efficiency on those highlights was pretty good.

Technique is a little clumsy.

Definitely a project player. Looks to have ability but looks like he could snap in half like a twig. Needs to build up his body substantially to be AFL ready IMO.

With Lowden in particular now on our list as coverage for Jacobs, project player was the right way to go IMO.

Back