Relax guys, it's "now or never"

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be showing Majak the door myself. He's nowhere near an AFL player in my eyes. He's always where the ball ain't.

that is because Drew is constantly telling him where to run and not letting him play his own game, I'd like to see Daw play as the number 1 forward out of the goal square without Drew in the forward line before agree to cut our losses, but you already know that. What has he played 15 games?, what has Drew played 280 games? yet not much different between either whilst they were both on the ground except Daw at least broke open some pack and brought the ball to a contest.

Totally agree, i have been to 3 different training sessions this year, and i confirm the bolded.
The old saying " You play like you train " is spot on, as evidenced by recent performances, any of our regular track watchers care to disagree ?

I haven't been to training recently, but the times I attended last year there is no talk or banter amongst the players. Deathly silence. No spirit, not surprised that this is how the players appear during a game. After the game Swallow was more animated talking to the GCS players that he was with his own side during the game.

Reading pressers like this to yourself now, is like fingernails downs blackboards inside your head.

Just * up and play hard for 4 quarters you pea hearted campaigners!

that is because Drew is constantly telling him where to run and not letting him play his own game, I'd like to see Daw play as the number 1 forward out of the goal square without Drew in the forward line before agree to cut our losses, but you already know that. What has he played 15 games?, what has Drew played 280 games? yet not much different between either whilst they were both on the ground except Daw at least broke open some pack and brought the ball to a contest.
I get that he's played 15 odd games but it's been nearly 5 years and he hasn't shown much, so how long are we going to wait?
He's got to do more than make a few contests, he's got to chase and tackle and use his imposing physical attributes to his advantage.
I'd like to get a look at a Brown, Black, Daw and Wood forward setup before the end of the year to see if that could work down the track, but that's unlikely because the club will still cling to the notion of making the eight, which will put us further behind other teams

Ease up on Jack Z - geez, hes still reasonably young in terms of his media work, however never question his commitment or effort.

The issue is the expectations, standards and mental weakness of this grounp. The standards set at this football club is disgraceful, i said 5 weeks ago, waite is unfit, mchmahon is unit, wright doesnt know where the weights room is, thomas isnt fit, jacobs is being picked every week and gets pushed around like a girl from the opposition, atley i erratic and keeps getting games, bastinac is soft and still doesnt look elite with his upper strength, i could go on and on, there is an issue of acceptance of medicority, so this comes back to poor leadership from the playing group and coach.

If you think I'm wrong - look who is sitting at the top and compare players that are similar aged or younger and play the same roles...theres a massive gap. Talent got us to the prelim last year, but as we all know that gets you so far.

I am divided about going Saturday night. Like most of you l vent here post game.....and then trudge along the following week. Been going to North games since '63 and member since '73. Seen all the highs and lows.

But the utter drivel being spoken after Saturday has made up my mind.

To anybody from the club reading this; " lf you want me to turn up each week you need to regain my respect for you. If there is a poor crowd there v Geelong you only have
yourselves to blame.
You have record m'ship this year. I'm telling you now you'll drop 8k next year.

Pull your fingers out ! First bounce Sat. night someone smashes Brownlow Bartel into the turf and says " welcome back ". Harry Taylor wants to drift around and be 3rd man up to forward marking contests ...make him earn it and hand him Lonergans kidney. Guthries old man was * worst ever full back ! Let him know ! Motlop ? Tell him Shannon was a better player !
As for Selwood......if he wants to duck, rip his head off and shove it down your sock !
" MAKE A F*****G STATEMENT ! "

Harry Taylor wants to drift around and be 3rd man up to forward marking contests ...make him earn it and hand him Lonergans kidney. "

All good but this is funny as. Particularly because I'm pretty sure you're serious. Great stuff.

Intending to go the next two weeks....and expecting to have a range of...well one emotion.....

metsfan2.gif
1277378257_supporter-rage.gif
tumblr_inline_mxxgtsepQ31s5jo86.gif
computer-smash-other-guys-mark-wahlberg-angry-2.gif
rob-ryan-angry-no-2-10-1-12.gif

ufsXCjv.gif
68ea9a69dba3765d4caf78d371babf51.gif

I have attended most home games in Melb as a member since 1994.

I will attend this Saturday night but * me I have zero excitment at the thought.

For the past 3 years I have brought two adult level 1 reserved seat memberships. One for me and the other I bring various friends/family members along.
I lost by job last October and things have been tight financially and still are but I did not even think twice about renewing both of them as I love the club.
I realise others do similar things and spend more than my $800 odd a year.

But...Things better change within the club and fast as I'm sure I'm not the only member who feels like they are being taken for a ride.

I will attend this Saturday night but **** me I have zero excitment at the thought.

For the past 3 years I have brought two adult level 1 reserved seat memberships. One for me and the other I bring various friends/family members along.
I lost by job last October and things have been tight financially and still are but I did not even think twice about renewing both of them as I love the club.

But...Things better change within the club and fast as I'm sure I'm not the only member who feels like they are being taken for a ride.

A ride?

I feel as though I'm being fisted repeatedly with a hand made of concrete.

In fairness to Jack, it is his effort that never waivers. Sure he hacks it a lot but hell, if the rest gave his effort and intent every week we would be a top four outfit.
so long as we don't have a dozen blokes ''hacking it'', it's ok, adam simpson used to hack it around better than anyone i know, but he never lacked effort, we just want to see effort, is it really to much to ask, i make an effort to travel over 300 km to watch a few times a year, i expect to see some commitment.

I will attend this Saturday night but **** me I have zero excitment at the thought.

I understand where you are coming from, but I do get annoyed when people think the current board and players are the club, most are merely just custodians for a very short period of time, it is the supporters that own the club, we will support this club for the entirety of our lives and bring new members to our great club through our children and their children. so when you threaten to walk away from North Melbourne understand what you are walking away from, the Greatest Football Club in the world that is just now at a low trough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so long as we don't have a dozen blokes ''hacking it'', it's ok, adam simpson used to hack it around better than anyone i know, but he never lacked effort, we just want to see effort, is it really to much to ask, i make an effort to travel over 300 km to watch a few times a year, i expect to see some commitment.

I call bullshite, Simmo use to be ridiculed in here for the hacking of the football every week, some want more then effort.

Nathan Buckley all year has said they don't buy into outside expectations, they have their own standards and improve each week. Start of the year when they weren't looking so crash hot you could have interpreted that as clutching straws. Last night he said the same thing, they are on a lineal path, making improvements and maintaing standards each week. They are looking solid right about now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get that he's played 15 odd games but it's been nearly 5 years and he hasn't shown much, so how long are we going to wait?
He's got to do more than make a few contests, he's got to chase and tackle and use his imposing physical attributes to his advantage.
I'd like to get a look at a Brown, Black, Daw and Wood forward setup before the end of the year to see if that could work down the track, but that's unlikely because the club will still cling to the notion of making the eight, which will put us further behind other teams

5 years? yeah technically I suppose, he played his first senior game about two years ago after being rookied for 2 or 3 years, and in his 15 games he has been subbed off in more then half, so yeah he hasn't shown much, because the opportunity has not been there for him, what's the bet he gets dropped this week. Been thumping the door down whilst Drew and Waite have been stinking it up all season and he got 60 minutes to proves his case, thuck even Wood with his 1.6 has been given more opportunity.
I too would like to see a Brown, Black, Daw and Wood forward setup before the end of the year, but for more then one week or 60 minutes.

Nathan Buckley all year has said they don't buy into outside expectations, they have their own standards and improve each week. Start of the year when they weren't looking so crash hot you could have interpreted that as clutching straws. Last night he said the same thing, they are on a lineal path, making improvements and maintaing standards each week. They are looking solid right about now

Figjam and the Pies can do what the truck they want, I don't really care.

I couldn't give less of a * if we won. The problems have festered and magnified. I'm looking forward to Thursday actually, If there isn't the slightest sign of youth then I might save myself the hassle. What's the point helping the club that doesn't recognize its own illness. The fact that ziebell is doing the talking is disgusting, we basically have no captain. He's mike brearley's evil opposite, is our skipper.

I understand where you are coming from, but I do get annoyed when people think the current board and players are the club, most are merely just custodians for a very short period of time, it is the supporters that own the club, we will support this club for the entirety of our lives and bring new members to our great club through our children and their children. so when you threaten to walk away from North Melbourne understand what you are walking away from, the Greatest Football Club in the world that is just now at a low trough.
I'm questioning why I tip my hard earned in..I'm not ashamed to say it.
If the club continues to sit on its hands, watch the members disappear in droves. I shudder to think of what our crowds and therefore bottom dollar will be like

Our records pretty good after a bad loss.

Thinking of betting a slab with a mate from work as he's a Geelong supporter, he owes me one after last year midseason.

It's called standards, something we lack. Ever see horse go ballistic in the last 10 with a comfortable 35 point margin? It's called standards, non negotiable club standards

I know what itis I just don't give a flying truck what happens over there. and the last thing I want to see here is how trucking great figjam is.

I'm questioning why I tip my hard earned in..I'm not ashamed to say it.
If the club continues to sit on its hands, watch the members disappear in droves. I shudder to think of what our crowds and therefore bottom dollar will be like

only you can decide what you spend your hard earned on, for me a membership will happen every year no matter what, well as long as we are a Melbourne based club.

I feel as though I'm being fisted repeatedly with a hand made of concrete.

I used the same expression here once and Zondorfishnipchokecloke replied with "Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it. That costs an extra $100 cashola at Tender Touch."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back