Bumped Relax- We will make the 8!!!!! (New posts from #134)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be a lot of negativity around about the Pies at the moment including a lot of doom and gloom from many of our own supporters. Just relax. This is not a time where we will bottom out. Rather, it is an exciting time. A list with only one player over 30. This committee and President has not let us down. They have delivered a Premiership and took us pretty close numerous times including 2011 and 2007. We will begin our rise again in 2015. Roll it, wrap it and give it a date. We will make the 8. Exciting times ahead.

We're rightfully long odds for the top 8 in 2015. From the bye round until the end of 2014 we were 12th on the ladder with a 6-9 record.

As much as it pains me to say it we just arent that good any longer...

Essendon lost the last 10 of 13 in 2012.
In 2013 they were second on the ladder after round 17.

I reckon I saw enough young talent in the opening 11 rounds this year, we just need another preseason or two and an ounce of luck with injuries and we'll be right, between 7th-5th for mine next year, with us winning 2 finals.

Keep the faith!

Essendon lost the last 10 of 13 in 2012.
In 2013 they were second on the ladder after round 17.

I reckon I saw enough young talent in the opening 11 rounds this year, we just need another preseason or two and an ounce of luck with injuries and we'll be right, between 7th-5th for mine next year, with us winning 2 finals.

Keep the faith!

Who needs faith when there's hope? We have nothing to support the faith aside from perhaps getting a good run with injuries (not likely). Hope on the other hand is in full supply on this board of late and many would do well to recognize the difference between the two...

FWIW I'll buy in as soon as I see improvement in any area from the team that isn't natural improvement through maturity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are top 4 chance.
No chance in hell.
As for the 8, I doubt it. Even if no other teams improve which never happens we don't have the 8th best list taking age/development into account.

We are miles from last years top 5. Miles and years.
Who is vulnerable in the 8 from 2104?
IMO only Essendon, Richmond and maybe North.
I think North will at least be as good as last year so we are gunning for the other 2. Tigers could well fall over. Bombers are a better side than us right now but who knows with all the off field stuff going on there.
Apart from us who from outside the 8 will be pushing up?
GC have to be better and in fact would have made it last year had Ablett not got injured.
We are in the mix after that. Fully fit we hopefully we stay in the mix but we have absolutely no depth and we will get some injuries.
All in all I’d place us 10th to 12th

Last edited:
It all comes down to injuries once again.

Our best 22 is a top 6 side, but we still lack real quality depth as what is quality outside our best 22 is youth.

Can that youth provide greater backup then it did in 2014 if we get a similar injury rate? Or do we absolutely need a better run with injuries to make the 8.

I'd say the latter. Talent wise we are clearly a top 8 side, depth wise, maybe, maybe not.

It's a transition time for the club, that much is plain and like all things transitioning there are aspects of hope and despair. Having come from a long line of builders (not house builders lol ) I'm inclined to be positive and see the potential slowly realising, the un - fr1ggin - believable injury woes easing and a solid core of a playing group solidifying - when this happens improvement and pretty substantial improvement is very likely with the young talent we have.

The question in debate is WHEN, I say given a better run with injuries it CAN be as early as this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back