Bumped Relax- We will make the 8!!!!! (New posts from #134)

Remove this Banner Ad

so we will only lose 3 games? haha

He has a point though, on paper we are at the very least the equal of Richmond and North who both struggle for consistency and quality of depth, honestly I'd have us ahead as we have more A grade talent and boast better young talent coming through IMO. How North made a prelim is beyond me, that was an anomaly IMO and I can't believe some talking about them being in a premiership window, their list is not at all strong enough and a lot of their players don't have much left in the tank. Geelong I still see as being ahead of us but the gap is being bridged and we've always been capable of mixing it with them when at our best, there should be no reason why we can't beat any of these three sides at least once providing we aren't completely torn apart by injuries again.

Top 4 is just not going to happen. Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo and Port are well ahead of us and Geelong and North will be pushing them more than we will.

Top 4 is just not going to happen. Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo and Port are well ahead of us and Geelong and North will be pushing them more than we will.

Hawthorn and port are, I'm still waiting to see how the swans recover - reckon they might have received permanent mental scarring.. Freo had their chance, Geelong is finally sinking, North has become dads army and won't do any better than this year ( won't be top 4 after h&a).

We are better than Melb, dogs, bears, poos, essendrugs, Adelaide, gws, Gold Coast (for at least a season or 2), Richmond, freo, Geelong, shitkilda and west coast. That doesn't leave too many teams that I'd say before round 1 that we need to catch up to.

The gulf between us and the Hawks is quite vast at present but not insurmountable. We played very well against most top 8 sides last year albeit at now stage did we field a close to full strength line up.

My whole hope for optimism squares rests on the notion that we will be relatively injury free and as a result our boys will get some form back and the improvement will be quite a rapid rise back into contention.

I appreciate your warm support and feel much better about us finishing 10th now and look forward to our northward climb up the ladder in the following years.

You're welcome. I was gleefully anticipating further hard-won losses next year and a possible easing of our situation to around 12th. I must admit that I'm tickled pink by the thought of again not having to put up with the stresses of the finals season.

Honestly i think next season will be an exciting season for us.
We will be un earthing new talent, that will hopefully be future champions of the club. We will also imo be saying goodbye to one of the greats of this club in the twilight of his career Dane Swan.
I dont think we will be a top 4 side next year but where on the way, we will make finals though, having a look through the fixture we should get enough wins to get through.
1.Bris-60/40 our way win
2.Adel-Should win at etihad, crows will drop off win
3.STK-nice percentage booster to start the year win
4.Ess-who knows whats going to happen with the dons, if asada has there say this could be a big win, win
5.Carl-My faverouite for the spoon this season win
6.Geel-will have too much class for us youd think loss
7.Rich-Great record against them but i think the tiges are going to make a pre lim next season loss
8.GC- Tough gig to knock them off at metricon loss
9.North-another tough game, its at the g though, 50/50 loss
10.Melb-should have a comfortable win, win
11.Gws-percentage booster, although they will be better next year win
12.BYE -rest
13.Freo-expecting a big loss, loss
14.Haw-another big loss,loss
15.Port- our biggest loss of the year, port will be scary next year, loss
16.WCE-will be a win, get us back on track win
17.Dogs- still hurting from the dogs loss this year, they will take a step back next season win
18.Melb- like queens bday should knock off the dees win
19.Carl-nice percentage booster before we head to sydney win
20.Syd-great record against the swans, but only at anz, expecting a loss
21.Rich- tiges will be going for top 4 at this time of the year loss
22.Geel- If cats are well entranched in the top 8 they may rest a few for finals hopefully, win
23.Ess-asada wouldve got to them by now , win

So that will give us 13 wins, should be enough to make finals!

why stop there?

Elimination final North - 10 goal burst in the first quarter ices the game - win
Qualifying final Geelong - 12 goals against the wind in the premiership quarter - win
Prelim final - Fremantle - 15 goals in the last quarter, playing with 17 men - win
Grand final - Hawthorn - 1 point win after trailing by 103 points at 3/4 time - win

Australia renamed Collingwood to celebrate win

why stop there?

Elimination final North - 10 goal burst in the first quarter ices the game - win
Qualifying final Geelong - 12 goals against the wind in the premiership quarter - win
Prelim final - Fremantle - 15 goals in the last quarter, playing with 17 men - win
Grand final - Hawthorn - 1 point win after trailing by 103 points at 3/4 time - win

Now that is literary genius....well done sir.

why stop there?

Lol Mark a worthy scenario, how about topping it off with Eddie running for president of the innaugural senate of the Repulic of Australia?

Malty can be leader of the opposition business because he knows just about as much as Abbott which is SFA. :thumbsu:

Hawthorn and port are, I'm still waiting to see how the swans recover - reckon they might have received permanent mental scarring.. Freo had their chance, Geelong is finally sinking, North has become dads army and won't do any better than this year ( won't be top 4 after h&a).

We are better than Melb, dogs, bears, poos, essendrugs, Adelaide, gws, Gold Coast (for at least a season or 2), Richmond, freo, Geelong, shitkilda and west coast. That doesn't leave too many teams that I'd say before round 1 that we need to catch up to.

The gulf between us and the Hawks is quite vast at present but not insurmountable. We played very well against most top 8 sides last year albeit at now stage did we field a close to full strength line up.

My whole hope for optimism squares rests on the notion that we will be relatively injury free and as a result our boys will get some form back and the improvement will be quite a rapid rise back into contention.
Look we are not on the same page and until next year plays out we won't know who is right or if it's somewhere in between but I don't know how you could base an assessment than we are better than Geelong given we have lost more than them and they were better last year and have been in every year since 2006 bar 2010. They just have a better list. Yes they are dropping off from where they were but we already dropped off and hard. Similarly, on what basis are we better than Freo? They will both play finals IMO and Freo will be very strong top 4 challengers. GC had our measure last year and with Ablett would have played finals. We may be thereabouts with them if everything goes right but I think they will have us covered. Richmond have finished above us 2 years running. It is only hope and reliance on history that puts us above them.

As for the gulf between us and Hawthorn, it is vast and it IS insurmountable for 2105. They had a lot of injuries and were still well out of our league. We blamed injuries for finishing 11th and they had injuries and win the flag (again). They are ahead of us on every line in class and depth. Sydney won't be far off them IMO.

I have heard a rumour that meteor is scheduled to hit the MCG 21 minutes and 32 seconds before our game with Hawthorn next year. The game will be declared a draw and the teams will share the points.

And in our game against Sydney, I have it on good authority that there will be a head count in the 3rd quarter and Sydney will have 19 men on the field.

I think we make the eight....

Some people on this board are simply blind to the scope and duration of our injuries. They are totally inflexible in their view that no amount or length of injuries can excuse performances.

There is simply no reasoning with some people.
I agree with you 100%, which has been my argument all along, and if it was 2012 again, I could be excited about 2013, but two years later,with all the injuries, change in personnel and mini rebuild, and short amount of game time to some of our stars, top 6 is the highest I can see us realistically finishing.
But of course I will be hoping for more, and cheering on our team as always, just not expecting to be in the running for a premiership next year.

Lol Mark a worthy scenario, how about topping it off with Eddie running for president of the innaugural senate of the Repulic of Australia?

Malty can be leader of the opposition business because he knows just about as much as Abbott which is SFA. :thumbsu:
Just as well Abbott is not the opposition leader then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the premiership party on the following Friday, Ed gets shot dead by a Lee Harvey Oswald clone hired by Sydney.

Dont worry, he's up and about on Sunday. The Pope offers to stand down to allow Ed to replace him but Ed decides to stick as Pres of the Pies

The only way we could beat swans was at Olympic park, or whatever it is called. Now we play them at SCG, absolutely no chance.

On a sidenote, wasn't that a long term agreement to play at Homebush? Seems to have suddenly disappeared.

I have 4 certain losses. Swans at SCG, Hawks, Freo over there and Port in Adelaide.

Rest are winnable but we have to be good

Looking at the list it's more likely we won't than we will. I like our spine when fit but mid midfield depth and class on the flanks is lacking. Overall we are too young.
Its not impossible though. If Bucks gets us a final or two, he's the man for the job and a 3 yr extension is deserved.

At the premiership party on the following Friday, Ed gets shot dead by a Lee Harvey Oswald clone hired by Sydney.

Dont worry, he's up and about on Sunday. The Pope offers to stand down to allow Ed to replace him but Ed decides to stick as Pres of the Pies

That's what I like to hear!!

Can't keep a good pres down for long :thumbsu:

Besides Ed reckons Bucks is the second coming so being Pope would be a sort of a comedown for him ;)

yes after making the top 4 in 2015 top 8 will be guaranteed in 2016.

I like your unwavering enthusiasm mike.. There should be more people like you on this board ...

I don't think we will make top 4 unfortunately but top 8 lock it in Eddie

buckley thinks it could be a year or 2 or 3 before we start challenging
Lol we should not have won the flag in '10 really - before halfway during that season we were DEFINTELY second rung behind geelong but in the space of about 10 weeks we went from outside contenders to premiers. A lot can happen in a very short time, especially with a young team.

Honestly not sure, can see us making some strides if we can get some more out of the forward line, and I don't see our midfield being in any worse shape than last year (Adams,Greenwood,Kennedy,Broomhead,Thomas can all improve, young Freeman I can't wait to see), our young rucks aren't there yet but can improve etc., but all in all it will take a lot to go right for us to be in the top eight, I reckon. Here's hoping we draft a kid who comes on like wines and manage injuries better, that won't hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back