Bumped Relax- We will make the 8!!!!! (New posts from #134)

Remove this Banner Ad

buckley thinks it could be a year or 2 or 3 before we start challenging

It's a "no winner" isn't it.

Bucks and Perty came out this year and said our best is good enough and we should be challenging for the finals even a flag in 2014 and they've been hammered by fans who understood that to be an unconditional and garanteed outcome.

Now Buck's comes out and says it could be a year or 2 because we're developing and some supporters will be up in arms about that.

I prefer to make my own observations rather than rely on word from above... but that's just me. Win games and all the rest will take care of itself.

Swans rested a few but for the final game making it easier of the tigers

Of course, just rolled right over and let the Tigers win.

You could see the Swans players were hold back they had nothing to play for and Richmond had everything to gain out of winning that game.

Yeah, right.

I was so happy when i saw this thread. I was so worried that we mightnt be successful next year...
s
Please start a "relax : emily ratajkowski will come to Mark's for dinner tonight" thread....i would be so grateful

Seems to be a lot of negativity around about the Pies at the moment including a lot of doom and gloom from many of our own supporters. Just relax. This is not a time where we will bottom out. Rather, it is an exciting time. A list with only one player over 30. This committee and President has not let us down. They have delivered a Premiership and took us pretty close numerous times including 2011 and 2007. We will begin our rise again in 2015. Roll it, wrap it and give it a date. We will make the 8. Exciting times ahead.

Now believe. We can beat Hawthorn. It's our time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...lingwoods-top-four-hopes-20150626-ghy8dc.html

Why do the media believe the club internally believes it can make Top 4? There is no way our club realistically thinks it can make Top 4. Top 8? Yes, but anyone who seriously believes we're a Top 4 shot this year needs to temper expectations. Buckley finally has everything set up the way he wants it and has all but removed the Malthouse stench. Let's just look for improvement and improvement would be making the 8.

2016 would be winning a final
2017 would be making Top 4
2018-19 would be having a genuine flag shot

If you heard the interview with Pert, this is basically what the roadmap is.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...lingwoods-top-four-hopes-20150626-ghy8dc.html

Why do the media believe the club internally believes it can make Top 4? There is no way our club realistically thinks it can make Top 4. Top 8? Yes, but anyone who seriously believes we're a Top 4 shot this year needs to temper expectations. Buckley finally has everything set up the way he wants it and has all but removed the Malthouse stench. Let's just look for improvement and improvement would be making the 8.

If we finish 5th or 6th this year we can definitely win a final.

If we finish 5th or 6th this year we can definitely win a final.

Honestly, I just want to MAKE finals. It means 3 things:

1) We have legitimately improved under Buckley
2) Young list gains valuable finals experience as well as belief in the direction the club is heading
3) The club knows it's tracking in the right direction

Those 3 alone are gold even without a finals win. Anything more than making finals is a bonus this year. Most tipped us to finish bottom 4.

Great bump. Some interesting posts and I think a relevant bump when considering how adamant we can get when putting forward our points of view.

It is round 13 and we are playing to go a game clear in 4th. We could be as high as 3rd and as low as 5th after this round. Not sure how many would have had us in that position pre season.

Great bump. Some interesting posts and I think a relevant bump when considering how adamant we can get when putting forward our points of view.

It is round 13 and we are playing to go a game clear in 4th. We could be as high as 3rd and as low as 5th after this round. Not sure how many would have had us in that position pre season.

We're safely 5th unless we lose to Hawthorn by like 80 points or so and Richmond beat whomever they're playing by equally as much.

So we're going to be 5th on percentage at worst after this Friday, but as high as a possible 3rd if a miracle happens and then Sydney happen to lose to Port.

We're safely 5th unless we lose to Hawthorn by like 80 points or so and Richmond beat whomever they're playing by equally as much.

So we're going to be 5th on percentage at worst after this Friday, but as high as a possible 3rd if a miracle happens and then Sydney happen to lose to Port.

Yes I think that is what i said - other than it needs a miracle for Port to beat Syd.

Whoaa take it easy chief don't get ahead of your self there!

But seriously it's all about expectations. After getting smashed by Brisbane last year that was where my expectations were at. The performance of the team this year has lifted my expectations significantly.

Don't be surprised if we go deep in September

Geelong were better than us last year and we have lost Beams who is a much better player than Greenwood. We have lost more experience. Our list isn't as good as it was last year. Maybe Geelong will slide a bit further but they will have our measure over the season IMO. Young sides are always up and down.

It is better.

It's a good bump but quoting people from last year is unfair.

Fair point but just trying to show our list is better. Far better than it was. I could have quoted 30 people and didn't and I only highlighted one aspect. The improvement in our list is significant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back