Religion Religion and Sexuality

Remove this Banner Ad

Says the guy justifying a mistake....:rolleyes:

I didn't justify a mistake, unlike skilts. I called a typo what it was. In fact, I freely admit that in my years on BF I've made many a typo. You're trying too hard, Monnie. Stick to what your good at in holding skilts' hand.

Given I've previously demonstrated skilts' incorrect use of such pronouns and contractions, mine was a typo, unlike skilts'.
Repeat!!
You are still justifying a mistake!
A typo is a mistake. However, it was not really a typo, was it? It was actually a thoughtless error that you got caught on and (following your lead of deflection via petty distractions) it was pointed out to you.
True to form, you are driven to consider yourself above error, thus beyond criticism and must be seen to be correct.
God complex.
Stick to what your good at in holding skilts' hand.
Skilts is more than your match.

Given I've previously demonstrated skilts' incorrect use of such pronouns and contractions, mine was a typo, unlike skilts'.
Without reference to your overweening, ill-informed pedantry, which part of what I wrote did you fail to understand, due to the way it was framed?

And yet another of my gay mates raised in a religious environment committed suicide last night. May well John Lennon say, "Imagine no religion".

Just further to my post...

Religion is an attempt at the understanding of 'God'.

Completely irrational analysis.
So religion is an attempt to understand the God they specifically concocted while dismissing all others creations.
Yep!
No cigar.

Completely irrational analysis.
So religion is an attempt to understand the God they specifically concocted while dismissing all others creations.
Yep!
No cigar.

Yes, cigar.

Like architecture is a study of buildings. Religion is an assembly of thoughts, dogmas, beliefs, etc, that is a study of "God"....that great unknown over-universal phenomenon.

Thing to remember is that eons ago, from every corner of the globe, people were primitive and isolated, and all on their own they each devised systems of belief that was a study of "God"....that's why you have multiple religions, as they all had their own perspective/etc. Obviously they're all unaware of other religions/beliefs from other corners of the globe. That doesn't alter the fact that religion is a study of "God" that they all had their own insular 'religion' at the time. Eons go by and eventually we're where we are today....multiple religions, and largely maintaining their differences.

Yes, cigar.

Like architecture is a study of buildings. Religion is an assembly of thoughts, dogmas, beliefs, etc, that is a study of "God"....that great unknown over-universal phenomenon.

Thing to remember is that eons ago, from every corner of the globe, people were primitive and isolated, and all on their own they each devised systems of belief that was a study of "God"....that's why you have multiple religions, as they all had their own perspective/etc. Obviously they're all unaware of other religions/beliefs from other corners of the globe. That doesn't alter the fact that religion is a study of "God" that they all had their own insular 'religion' at the time. Eons go by and eventually we're where we are today....multiple religions, and largely maintaining their differences.
Sorry GG that's theology.
Religion is just religion. It's a belief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Example....

Christianity has eased up on things like homosexuality, the equality of women, divorce, pre-marital sex, etc. As the human race develops, it understands homosexuality is a natural process, not a choice, and those other things are not sins etc. So religion adapts, as it tries to further understand "god" (nature). Theology hasn't eased up on homosexuality because that's strictly outside "theology", theology is focused on religion per se.

Same with other religions like Islam....they are still very rigid and draconian about all those topics, because it refuses to adapt to the further understanding of "god" (and humankind). If and when it does reconsider certain things due to pressure from humankind and it's greater understanding of science, nature, man, etc, then it will adapt it's understanding of "god" to fit into what humankind has progressed from.

Example....

Christianity has eased up on things like homosexuality, the equality of women, divorce, pre-marital sex, etc. As the human race develops, it understands homosexuality is a natural process, not a choice, and those other things are not sins etc. So religion adapts, as it tries to further understand "god" (nature). Theology hasn't eased up on homosexuality because that's strictly outside "theology", theology is focused on religion per se.

Same with other religions like Islam....they are still very rigid and draconian about all those topics, because it refuses to adapt to the further understanding of "god" (and humankind). If and when it does reconsider certain things due to pressure from humankind and it's greater understanding of science, nature, man, etc, then it will adapt it's understanding of "god" to fit into what humankind has progressed from.
That is not a study of God that is simply a necessity of survival.
I would not call the "reinvention"of ones God in direct response to the diminished gullibility of the population as "study".
That is a study of your market place.
That is simply product re-evaluation, repackaging and re-branding to suit a more educated market.

That is not a study of God that is simply a necessity of survival.
I would not call the "reinvention"of ones God in direct response to the diminished gullibility of the population as "study".
That is a study of your market place.
That is simply product re-evaluation, repackaging and re-branding to suit a more educated market.
Now you're being too simplistic. You don't want to budge. Fine. But I'm right. I have to crash right now. Will duel you maybe tomorrow night if I have any zest for life left.

Now you're being too simplistic. You don't want to budge. Fine. But I'm right. I have to crash right now. Will duel you maybe tomorrow night if I have any zest for life left.
Have at me you cad...............:D

And yet another of my gay mates raised in a religious environment committed suicide last night. May well John Lennon say, "Imagine no religion".

I'm sorry to hear that mate & it's very sad when people feel they have no one to turn to.

You do realise people will still commit suicide regardless of religion ?, You'd have to be very narrow minded to think outlawing religion would resolve all of the worlds problems.

Imagine no atheism & communism, The world would be so much more peaceful, No mass murdering tyrants, No christians being killed by godless dictators, No christians be persecuted for their faith, No more atrocities, If only Atheism & communism is outlawed, we could all live in peace :rolleyes:.

it is frustrating to read your post. you would think our "most loving" organisations would practice openess, love and acceptance to all, not just those that fit their mold.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that mate & it's very sad when people feel they have no one to turn to.

You do realise people will still commit suicide regardless of religion ?, You'd have to be very narrow minded to think outlawing religion would resolve all of the worlds problems.

Imagine no atheism & communism, The world would be so much more peaceful, No mass murdering tyrants, No christians being killed by godless dictators, No christians be persecuted for their faith, No more atrocities, If only Atheism & communism is outlawed, we could all live in peace :rolleyes:.
What a s**t licking diatribe!

Someone committed suicide because the power of religion over himself and his family, told him he was bad, and would never be accepted.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop himself from being gay. So he took his own life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back