Religion at the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the majority of the posters are able to post in the thread without being antagonistic towards one another since it's been spun off into its own thread, i.e. everything after http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/religion-at-the-lions.1094717/#post-38107987. At the moment you seem to be the exception to the rule, so please dial it back.

So when some poster says that they would rather see their players take drugs than pray.... That's not antagonistic??

When people point out that some players are Christians and others says "this very concerning" that's not antagonistic??

E
Again great respect for you dlanod... But clearly you haven't read all the posts

Young blokes holding hands and praying... I'd prefer they were doing drugs.
Greggy!!!
I am astounded in the immaturity and absolute nonsense of a post like that! I always applaud the passion everyone has for the GAME of footy, but in all honesty you have the audacity to prefer that some young men be hooked on Drugs than spend time in prayer around a dinner table giving thanks to God for a meal!
Grow up Son!!

So when some poster says that they would rather see their players take drugs than pray.... That's not antagonistic??

When people point out that some players are Christians and others says "this very concerning" that's not antagonistic??

E
Again great respect for you dlanod... But clearly you haven't read all the posts

I suspect Greggy was being sarcastic.

Regardless, I am suspicious of anyone who tries to maintain religion's position on a "sacred cow" pedestal it hasn't earned where it can't be discussed, and even mocked. Ideas are always up for debate and satirisation in a free society.

Ultimately though, I refer you to Stephen Fry's comment on people being "offended".

E

I specifically said "since it's been spun off into its own thread" and linked to the point where that was. The drugs post was very clearly tongue in cheek and the rest of what you reference was in the context of the Instagram thread, a very different level of conversation.

I suspect Greggy was being sarcastic.

Regardless, I am suspicious of anyone who tries to maintain religion's position on a "sacred cow" pedestal it hasn't ewrned where it can't be discussed, and even mocked.

I refer you to Stephen Fry's comment on people being "offended".

Happy for it to be discussed or joked about. I though Tairy Greens post was funny and clever.

Scoob and greggy was more redneck than funny but hey... Each to their own.

I specifically said "since it's been spun off into its own thread" and linked to the point where that was. The drugs post was very clearly tongue in cheek and the rest of what you reference was in the context of the Instagram thread, a very different level of conversation.
Obviously you know "Greggy" better than I do... Seemed pretty genuine to me.

Scoob and greggy was more redneck than funny but hey... Each to their own.

So now people from the country are fair game!!!! Outrage etc!!!!

FWIW... Rednecks are statistically very religious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

e9f23b66_Seinfeld3.gif

To be quiet honest, I don't think the guys are being serious in this photo. I think it has more to do with Chance, Robbo's kid, than anything. I have seen no hint of religion from any of these guys, unlike some other lions.
For what it is worth, I agree, each to there own I suppose. Until it gets to a point where people try to force there beliefs on me, then I will stand up and have my day. But until then, it's up to them I guess.
I do like a 'healthy' discussion on the topic though.

I do wonder if the problem is more the boys holding hands rather than their religion. If they were just holding hands for a moment appreciating each others company would there be an issue?

At the end of the day, we all have to live with ourselves. Some find religion, some play sport, some of us even write books. If they're not attacking others for NOT doing it, then what's the harm in a picture?

I think you miss the point if your concern is derived from and you only discuss religion as being involved with the stories in the bible and belief in God.

The other thing I have to say is this:

Recently I posted on my Facebook wall someething about gay rights which is something I believe in. One of my best friends had a hissy fit over it, even after everything I have done for her.

Contrast this with the time-worn example of one TheBrownDog and I. I believe in a higher power, he doesn't. He believes Mario is better than Sonic, I believe he is wrong. I believe Jordan Lisle was treated unfairly, he thinks otherwise. Yet when I've disappeared from BigFooty both times he's been the first to message me wondering if I'm okay. At the end of the day, we haave a choice. Do we get upset about someone posting on their wall/account which they are totally in their rights to do and lose someone, or do we accept that sometimes we're not all going to see eye to eye and enjoy the things we do share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back