REMEMBERING MAINY 1965 - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

As a kid I spent a absolute mess of time at PMH after having leukaemia for about 5 years on and off. The player who came in every single week, sometimes two times a week to play with kids. Chris Mainwairing.

He came so often he got to know all the kids by name. One day he found me out and brought me a signed personalised Sherrin. He would collect one from after training and every time he would sign one, personalise it and give it to a kid. Every single one of us long termers all got a football signed by Chris Mainwairing. When McDonalds opened up near the hospital he would bring us all McDonalds too (after asking parents permission of course).

My missus works with Telethon so I got to meet him/kind of know him when I grew up too. No player has ever had such a charitable personality. The way he dies is irrelevant, the way he lived is. The disrespect he gets for 15 seconds in his life is disgraceful given the way he lived the rest of it. He was geniunely the nicest player you will ever meet. Im glad he can keep giving to the hospital even though he isnt here. Its what he did every single week he was on this Earth.
Thanks for sharing, great bloke no doubt. Awesome player, well he gave his heart for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back