Replica 1992 World Cup Shirts (beer promotion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Photo_00002_zpsla3rskgi.jpg

Arrived today. Not too bad for free stuff.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I think they are about $60, looked for on at JK's when I was last in Perth for a day but they didn't have them. Would one be worth buying for that?

These ones are not worth $60. These are just your ordinary sort of $10-15 dollar shirt with the logos sewn on and the letters for Australia applied with those iron on transfers things, which will probably wear off pretty quickly.

But for free stuff it's fine. If you're going to spend money on one I'd be checking the quality.

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
England have brought a new kit just before the world cup. Missed a trick not bringing back the 92 kit..
Would have been unreal to see every team wearing the 92 strips in this upcoming cup.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I had a look at the 1992 replica tops in Rebel Sport and they're terrible quality.

I guess you could say they're authentic 1992 standards, but I couldn't justify forking out $60 for something of that crap quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
What's that, 3 or 4 different uniforms England have worn in the past 12 months or so...
Every country had to produce a new strip for the World Cup as the ICC mandates what colour each team wears and has rules on sponsor placements etc. The only reason Australia is out there wearing canary yellow is because the ICC is forcing them to.

Goldenblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Ex-Moderator
Aug 2, 2001
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
YES!! It's so good to see the canary yellow again.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Every country had to produce a new strip for the World Cup as the ICC mandates what colour each team wears and has rules on sponsor placements etc. The only reason Australia is out there wearing canary yellow is because the ICC is forcing them to.

I don't think the ICC have THAT much control over the playing strips for the World Cup. Yes, the designs probably have to be approved by the ICC, and they probably have guidelines as to things like sponsor placement and the use of your countries name, but as the majority are derivatives of their current playing strips, I don't the ICC goes to each board and says, 'here's what you'll be wearing for the World Cup'

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
I don't think the ICC have THAT much control over the playing strips for the World Cup. Yes, the designs probably have to be approved by the ICC, and they probably have guidelines as to things like sponsor placement and the use of your countries name, but as the majority are derivatives of their current playing strips, I don't the ICC goes to each board and says, 'here's what you'll be wearing for the World Cup'

The ICC mandates what colours each team wears at world tournaments, and has thankfully commissioned a gold strip for the joint hosts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back