Sydney
Other Teams
THE BIG SOUND WEST OF THE TOWN!
Hey Guys
Tony Armstrong really impressed me today played
In defence and through the middle gor place and
Clever skills will get better with more game
Time

Walsh and White were steller up forward and they could have been even better i delievery into the forward line was better Jess really seems
To be getting consistant with his games
And that was the best game ive seem of
Walsh so far

Cunningham played great on the wing and was fast

Loved seeing hanners burs through the middle will be 100% in to time

Not a great game from our defenders not good by campbell and i cringed everythinw
Mitch Motron got the ball

Jarred Moore and and Brett Meredith quiet

Jackson Potter looking good also

Aug 26, 2007
FORWARD POCKET
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Walsh stayed forward whilst jess an seaby rotated
In the ruck def two at once in the forward line

Lamb played down back but only saw glimpses of him what i saw was good but i have seen better games

Not impressed with defence
Today lucky gws missed so many shots

liz

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Jeez, Mitch Morton is having a shocking start to his Sydney career. Usually you see fringe players at least break even when they switch, but he seems to have gone backwards, and by a fair way.

We should give him a little more time. He is probably trying too hard at the moment and might find things improve when he settles down.

I had Spangher written off until about half-way through last season, when he was switched to the forward line for the reserves, got some confidence, and starting kicking bags. And then he showed he could come in at senior level and play a pretty handy role.

I also think for some of these guys (Morton/Walsh) it might just take time to learn where their team mates expect them to be. Learning structure is all well and good in pre-season, but things are a bit more fluid in real games. If they get in better position, they may improve a lot, but it might take time for them to work out their positional play.

Walsh and White results are encouraging. Any more detail about how they improved, and how they play (was Walsh leading well, crashing packs, running to out-position his opponent, trying to out-muscle and mark etc...)? I think we are missing a strong-type forward option right now, and the style of play may be as important as the form (which is why i think Everitt and LRT might do some good things, but White and Walsh have size and strength, which might be just as important).

Also, is there any footage of ressies games it's possible to get hold of? Sometimes they post a highlight video on the Swans site, but there's usually not much to it. But there must be a video somewhere, otherwise there wouldn't be a hightlights vid. Downloading a ressies game video could be a way to while a way a few quiet hours with not much else to do. (I'd go see games, but it's a long trip from Perth!)

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I think if Morton continues to perform in a ho-hum fashion, they may well move him back to try and get something out of him. They recruited him in the hope that he would come in and make a difference as a forward so therefore I think they'll leave him there a bit longer in the 2's to see if he can provide anything.

Not sure about today's game, maybe Sophie can tell us more but Morton did start in the backline last week. The ball didn't go down there a lot in the first half so it was hard to gauge where he was at in defence.

Aug 26, 2007
FORWARD POCKET
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
he was all over the place but mainly down back everytime he go the ball he fumbled or he was desperate to get the ball across the line

I really shouldnt be so mean this is only the 3rd game i have seen (twice live & 1 NAB Cup on TV) maybe he will come good or maybe im just bitter hes running around in 10

Swans
B: J.Potter, J.Lynch, J.Lockyer
HB: T.Armstrong, C.Heath, M.Morton
C: A.Everitt, M.Seaby, J.Lamb
HF: N.Gordon, T.Walsh, T.Dennis-Lane
F: J.Moore, J.White, M.Pyke
Foll: D.McNeil, H.Cunningham, S.Wray

Int: (from) D.Robinson, L.Kilpatrick, B.Jack, R.Pryor, D.Lycakis

Suns
B: J.Toy, J.Hutchins, J.Wilkinson
HB: J.Allen, M.Coad, S.Iles
C: T.Hine, K.Horsley, A.Sexton