Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I'm not getting ahead of myself but hear me out. Odds are well in favour of us having to win each of our last two to make the finals. There's little doubt we need to do it. I don't think we can rely on Sydney resting players against us, handing us the win, so we'll need to play at our best. Our recent record against the Swans isn't that bad (3 wins apiece from our last 6 with a higher overall total) so it's not like we're no hope.

I'm the first to understand the one week at a time philosophy as that's how I live my life at present, but IF and only IF we have a couple of players with niggles that might be helped with a week off should we take that risk? The Saints should be fired up for this game but even so, if we can't beat them with a couple out then we can't beat Sydney the following week. Forget percentage boosters too as percentage really won't matter because we can't make up enough on our most likely rivals for 8th spot.

We've had a couple of very hard fought wins the past couple and IF it's going to freshen up a couple of players then IMO it's what we should do. What say you Tigers?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not getting ahead of myself but hear me out. Odds are well in favour of us having to win each of our last two to make the finals. There's little doubt we need to do it. I don't think we can rely on Sydney resting players against us, handing us the win, so we'll need to play at our best. Our recent record against the Swans isn't that bad (3 wins apiece from our last 6 with a higher overall total) so it's not like we're no hope.

I'm the first to understand the one week at a time philosophy as that's how I live my life at present, but IF and only IF we have a couple of players with niggles that might be helped with a week off should we take that risk? The Saints should be fired up for this game but even so, if we can't beat them with a couple out then we can't beat Sydney the following week. Forget percentage boosters too as percentage really won't matter because we can't make up enough on our most likely rivals for 8th spot.

We've had a couple of very hard fought wins the past couple and IF it's going to freshen up a couple of players then IMO it's what we should do. What say you Tigers?

Some men you just can't reach...

Ohhh god!! This thread....wowweee!! This thread will be the end of us... Take this down NOW!! lol

All i'm going to say is:

Inb4

I'm really hoping this isn't a popular thread Monday.

My god no!

We need to attack this game from the first bounce like we are behind by 5 goals. We need a large win, and the opportunity is there if we go for the throat and keep the pressure on. If we can lift our percentage by 4 points and Essendon drop a game, either to the GC or Blues, we leap frog them. I dont trust Norf to get the job done as they are mentally a weak side, so our only chance to get into the eight is to hope the bombers drop a game and our percentage is better then theirs.

Maric should be rested for Hampson IMO . Hampson is the best tap Ruckman in the league and he won't let us down. He's taken over 5 marks in his 4 VFL games since being dropped and made 4 tackles which clearly shows he's improving at an alarming rate and should be trusted to get us through a game verses the bottom side.

Thoughts?

Maric should be rested for Hampson IMO . Hampson is the best tap Ruckman in the league and he won't let us down. He's taken over 5 marks in his 4 VFL games since being dropped and made 4 tackles which clearly shows he's improving at an alarming rate and should be trusted to get us through a game verses the bottom side.

Thoughts?

LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back