Rest a couple this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone in here genuinely believe that these little milestones actually give the opposition an advantage?

At this elite level of football, surely the players are giving 100% week in week out, regardless of who has played how many bloody games. A player being worried out of a match because the opposition is going to be 'pumped' is as weak as piss.

If representing one of the country's biggest sporting clubs, a 150 - 750k salary and being aired at prime time to nationwide audiences isn't enough to get you ****ing up and about for a game of footy, then you really need to question your mental strength as a professional athlete.

What a load of sh*t.

Maric should be rested for Hampson IMO . Hampson is the best tap Ruckman in the league and he won't let us down. He's taken over 5 marks in his 4 VFL games since being dropped and made 4 tackles which clearly shows he's improving at an alarming rate and should be trusted to get us through a game verses the bottom side.

Thoughts?

Gold.... Thomas should be rushed back in to see if he can replicate his goal of the year effort against the Saints last time around....

no! don't break up a winning team & we need to win 1st & foremost but we also need %%% and lots of it

Maric should be rested for Hampson IMO . Hampson is the best tap Ruckman in the league and he won't let us down. He's taken over 5 marks in his 4 VFL games since being dropped and made 4 tackles which clearly shows he's improving at an alarming rate and should be trusted to get us through a game verses the bottom side.

Thoughts?

Nonsense on stilts

With the position we are in now we can't afford to be resting players. If we had the top 4 sewed up then we can afford to rest players but when we have to win our last two matches to make the finals we simply don't have that luxury. Imagine us resting players this week then losing to St Kilda... The Richmond supporters on here would have one of the biggest meltdowns in BigFooty history and more importantly it would undo all of the great work the players have done in the last 7 games.

C'mon guys, don't any of you believe this team are on the rise? We're better than the Saints. We can beat them with a couple out. We aren't as good as the Swans. We can't beat them without being at our peak.

Oh we're from Tigerland
A fighting fury
We're from Tigerland
In any weather you will see us with a grin
Risking head and shin
If we're behind then never mind
We'll fight and fight and win
For we're from Tigerland.
We never weaken till the final siren's gone
Like the Tiger of old
We're strong and we're bold
For we're from Tiger (yellow and black)
We're from Tigerland

I'm sorry but now isn't the time to be scared of losing to a bottom team.

No. I point to you of what happened to Fremantle when they decided to "rest" players against the Saints. Fremantle didn't pay the Saints any respect and they had their arses handed to them. It doesn't matter who the opposition is, never ever get ahead of yourself and treat them as if they are Sydney or Hawthorn. It's amazing how much of the game is played between the ears.

I'm not getting ahead of myself but hear me out. Odds are well in favour of us having to win each of our last two to make the finals. There's little doubt we need to do it. I don't think we can rely on Sydney resting players against us, handing us the win, so we'll need to play at our best. Our recent record against the Swans isn't that bad (3 wins apiece from our last 6 with a higher overall total) so it's not like we're no hope.

I'm the first to understand the one week at a time philosophy as that's how I live my life at present, but IF and only IF we have a couple of players with niggles that might be helped with a week off should we take that risk? The Saints should be fired up for this game but even so, if we can't beat them with a couple out then we can't beat Sydney the following week. Forget percentage boosters too as percentage really won't matter because we can't make up enough on our most likely rivals for 8th spot.

We've had a couple of very hard fought wins the past couple and IF it's going to freshen up a couple of players then IMO it's what we should do. What say you Tigers?
Agree rest Ivan Ellis and Miles
Excellent concept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y is this still being discussed? Stupid idea.

Sent from my Tee-pee using smoke signals.
Nah I reckon it has merit. I'll tell you what though, if we have a good sized win over the Saints then lose to the Swans in the last round I'll be coming back in here to kick some arse. If we just beat the Saints with our best team in I'll come in and say I was wr wrrrr wrrrr..............

However, I'm tipping we'll rest a couple this week, probably a couple of young'uns.

Agree rest Ivan Ellis and Miles
Excellent concept

1zlc2ac.jpg

Why is someone agreeing with me? Not sure about resting all 3 of those though.

Last edited:
So are you saying we could potentially lose to Sydney because we didn't rest against the Saints? But shouldn't we rest the players for the finals the following week as that's more important?

Close the thread please!

It'll be two changes max, surely. One would assume Lennon is out. Conca will be in. Maybe Thomas in for someone also. Though I hope not.

Sent from my Tee-pee using smoke signals.

So are you saying we could potentially lose to Sydney because we didn't rest against the Saints? But shouldn't we rest the players for the finals the following week as that's more important?

Close the thread please!

Not at all. Finals are a pass mark. Not making finals is a fail. There's only one way we'll get a pass for this year and IMO that way is to win both games. What happens after that is a bonus.

Lennon should be played in the wing and start. Grigg should go back down to VFL and work on his game for next week and same with Conca. Play them on the ball all day and give them things to work on. Newman should be rested for Hellbig and Madonna should one in as well.

Out : Grigg (leg) Newman (hair do)
In : Hellbig , Madonna

Matt Thomas should never play for us again unless we have an injury run like the Pies. Delisted at years end .

Not at all. Finals are a pass mark. Not making finals is a fail. There's only one way we'll get a pass for this year and IMO that way is to win both games. What happens after that is a bonus.
I agree . I'm loving the streak but when it's all over and we aren't playing finals I'm going to hate the club for robbing developing players games against The Saints ( twice ) , Brisbane and GWS . f$)(;ken ropable

If we did, imagine the ammunition that Saints would have to go at us with everything.

It would be the ultimate insult to them that we would think that we are that far above them.

However if Adelaide beat the Boomerless North then im going to feel that its not going to matter anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back