FTA-TV Resurrection

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 16, 2005
paradise
AFL Club
Carlton
Watched the first episode and was totally underwhelmed, mostly by the B grade acting and sloppiness of the Show, The Kid wears the same Clothes from beginning to end, from a Rice Paddy in China to Hospital bed in America, weeks later . I'm hoping it improves but i won't hold out much hope .

I saw the ads for it, sounds interesting, but probably hyped up like usual. I couldn't help but laugh at the bs radio adverts quoting magazines etc, "Beautiful" * offf.

I'm downloading the first two eps, lets see how it goes.

Watchable for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way the opening credits start with the river and then transitions into a tree (tree of life?) makes it obvious that its the river is connected to people coming back to life.

I think this show is going to be one of those shows where there was a big, sad, scary event which happened in the town which involves everyone who has come back to life. At the end, everything is resolved and the people brought back to life will crumble and die again, a very sad ending for sure.

The kicker? It will never be revealed as to how they were brought back in the first place.

The way the opening credits start with the river and then transitions into a tree (tree of life?) makes it obvious that its the river is connected to people coming back to life.

I think this show is going to be one of those shows where there was a big, sad, scary event which happened in the town which involves everyone who has come back to life. At the end, everything is resolved and the people brought back to life will crumble and die again, a very sad ending for sure.

The kicker? It will never be revealed as to how they were brought back in the first place.
They're dead and under the dome on an island.

I'm watching but I will be pissed off it turns out to be about alien abduction or something stupid like that.

Just watched episode 4 and it was bad. Like really bad.

The dialogue was atrocious. The scene where the pastor tells his wife his ex killed herself 12 years ago and has just come back from the dead is priceless.

Her response: 'you know what to do (i.e. she's gotta leave town)... jealously over the undead.

And everyone carries on normal life with these freaks wandring around.

Specially liked how the child protection agent is now the sheriff's off-side. Going along to ban robberies, to apprehend armed zombies.

It's just got really, really bad. So it's must watch viewing for me.

The biggest plot hole for me is the fact that the only Federal investigation into this massive unexplained phenomenon is being conducted by a sole agent from the Dept of Immigrations and Customs. Hardly their jurisdiction I would have thought. And it's not like he's going out of his way to keep it a secret from the rest of the authorities - he had to apply for a Federal Court order to open the tomb.

The biggest plot hole for me is the fact that the only Federal investigation into this massive unexplained phenomenon is being conducted by a sole agent from the Dept of Immigrations and Customs. Hardly their jurisdiction I would have thought. And it's not like he's going out of his way to keep it a secret from the rest of the authorities - he had to apply for a Federal Court order to open the tomb.

The Tea Party finally won the Presidency and abolished the public service. Omar didn't receive the memo.

Just watched Les Reverants last week...so I should skip this? Funny read an article about this and it panned it before it even aired

Apparently Resurrection is based on The Returned, and isn't a remake of Les Revenants.

Obscure TV trivia alert: an actress in the pilot of Babylon 5 plays a recurring character in this show: Tamlyn Tomita.

Apparently Resurrection is based on The Returned, and isn't a remake of Les Revenants.

Obscure TV trivia alert: an actress in the pilot of Babylon 5 plays a recurring character in this show: Tamlyn Tomita.

Isn't 'The Returned' just the English title for 'Les Revnants'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back