Discussion Return to Moorabbin

Remove this Banner Ad

blktreacle

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
UK
AFL Club
St Kilda
What is happening with the moorabbin redevelopment? Have any planning permits gone up or any repairs to the existing stands occurred?

What is happening with the moorabbin redevelopment? Have any planning permits gone up or any repairs to the existing stands occurred?
if you want the latest, go to the Kingston website live stream Monday night for the saints to try and get more money out of the council.

Word is Saints arnt putting up nearly enough money

if you want the latest, go to the Kingston website live stream Monday night for the saints to try and get more money out of the council.

I might suss that out

Last edited:

The original plan is fully funded.

10.9m total budget:
1.5m Kingston council
1.4m AFL
8m State Gov.

So unless your mail is about funding to turn Moorabbin into our new home then it doesn't make sense.

If I didn't have plans for monday night I would watch it to see if we can get any more info from it.

Gotta ask the question why didn't Saints build the exact training base they have now at Morrabbin? And what is going to happen with the seaford training base once saints leave it's far to good to sit there and not be used.

Gotta ask the question why didn't Saints build the exact training base they have now at Morrabbin? And what is going to happen with the seaford training base once saints leave it's far to good to sit there and not be used.
There was a fairly massive fight with the Kingston council at the time. They wouldnt release the land neccassary to build what was needed (check moorabbin out on google maps, tonnes of land around there) from memory etc etc..

Was easier to just pack up and leave.

There was a fairly massive fight with the Kingston council at the time. They wouldnt release the land neccassary to build what was needed (check moorabbin out on google maps, tonnes of land around there) from memory etc etc..

Yeah mate I lived a 5 minute walk from it for a few years. Plenty of room hopefully for the saints sake they can fix it up and move back there.

I would say the whole place will be knocked down if saints do move back it's pretty run down.

The land they wanted faced South Rd so they could put the Pokies in and there was a Councillor who didn't want that who is no longer there.
Seaford would get used by the Stingrays if we left.
A new social club facing South Rd. is what I think they will be pushing for.

The land they wanted faced South Rd so they could put the Pokies in and there was a Councillor who didn't want that who is no longer there.
Seaford would get used by the Stingrays if we left.
A new social club facing South Rd. is what I think they will be pushing for.
Cool thanks mate it's just a shame they couldn't come to an agreement at morrabbin and have that exact training facility they have at seaford at morrabbin because it's really nice at seaford been passed a few times.

Nah, the stand is fine structurally but does need large renovations for sure.
Slap a coat of paint on it the fix up any damange. What would be the plan for The players area? Would they build a players facilitiy up near the goals because there is plenty of room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool thanks mate it's just a shame they couldn't come to an agreement at morrabbin and have that exact training facility they have at seaford at morrabbin because it's really nice at seaford been passed a few times.
Unfortunately, we didn't have the best administration to negotiate the ideal settlement at that time. Our mate Archie was certainly found out at the time.

Compare Archie to Finnis

Unfortunately, we didn't have the best administration to negotiate the ideal settlement at that time. Our mate Archie was certainly found out at the time.

Compare Archie to Finnis
Any news on a players area at moorabbin there is enough room to have the best facilities in the afl.

Compare Archie to Finnis

he still thinks he did and amazing job. go check his twitter account

Slap a coat of paint on it the fix up any damange. What would be the plan for The players area? Would they build a players facilitiy up near the goals because there is plenty of room.
Obviously a sizeable gym but also I think a full sized pool is required.

Cant really have the waterslide going into a wading pool afterall.

This move is so important for our clubs future. Without going into detail - players and sponsors are all wanting clarification around this topic before they commit to the club.

So prey we hit a home run here
PM more specifics? Please..

Where do you picture/would like the Saints to be based?

personally i want to be based in moorabbin. there is so much potential their IMO to really create an outstanding facility plus location wise its a great gateway to that whole South Eastern/Peninsula corridor the club wants to target. But reading and listening to Matt Finnis - it sounds as if the club wants junction. i haven't had it confirmed where the club wants but have been advised that the afl wants us back at moorabbin. Again none of that has been confirmed to me and alot is my opinion.

But reading and listening to Matt Finnis - it sounds as if the club wants junction.

I think this is mostly lip service. We can't say we want to leave Seaford but the chances of JO happening are almost nil and Moorabbin hasn't gotten to the point where we can announce the change in plans yet. It's Finnis leaving the door open to moving without being able to say where just yet.

If the AFL does want us at Moorabbin then I would bet $$$ that we will end up there. The AFL had $10m set aside for JO, which I'd expect would be available for Moorabbin and the Saints would probably be able to raise extra funds to make it happen.

E: Council meeting on the 22nd not tonight.

“The Andrews Labor Government is in discussions with the St Kilda Football Club about its future home and where that home may be,’’ Lane said.

Speculation persists that St Kilda Football Club is close to clinching $10 million in State Government funding for a redevelopment of the Linton St ground, over and above money already committed to establish it as a hub of community football in the south-east.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...-ground-in-limbo/story-fngnvmhm-1227313390255

Hell. Yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back