Discussion Return to Moorabbin

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been thinking about this a bit today and am wondering about the legitimate feasibility of an internet crowd funding "fundraiser".

Having a central donatable online point for any and every saints supporter to add to could rack up a very decent amount of funds after a while. The club itself supporting it could allow multiple rewards for donators such as merchandise to signed jumpers right up to dinner with a saints player (Lenny Hayes of course :D he is still there in spirit!) or something along those lines. Plus you can then twitter bash saints celebrities to match the donations.

I dont think anything close to a million could be raised, but even hundreds of thousands could really help push the club and being a Bigfooty initiative would stop it from looking like total pan handling from the club.

Thoughts?

A very good idea Nuts. This is the sort of idea that structured properly can only help in raising funds. Would need to be run and administered by the club for a wide variety of reasons, but this sort of crowd funding suggestion is a great idea.

I have been thinking about this a bit today and am wondering about the legitimate feasibility of an internet crowd funding "fundraiser".

Having a central donatable online point for any and every saints supporter to add to could rack up a very decent amount of funds after a while. The club itself supporting it could allow multiple rewards for donators such as merchandise to signed jumpers right up to dinner with a saints player (Lenny Hayes of course :D he is still there in spirit!) or something along those lines. Plus you can then twitter bash saints celebrities to match the donations.

I dont think anything close to a million could be raised, but even hundreds of thousands could really help push the club and being a Bigfooty initiative would stop it from looking like total pan handling from the club.

Thoughts?

Really happy the way things are coming together at St Kilda
The question of fund raising is not really a problem , we have thousands & thousands of supporters.

Who are not. Members
get those people to sign as members the $ will flow, everyone knows friends , relatives who follow the
Saints..get them to sign up.

Should be able to buy things installed around the ground and have your name on it. Like donate $500 and get a chair badged with your name.

That kind of thing. Maybe pathway with names on it
good Idea:thumbsu:
and the more you donate the more prestigeous position you get your name.
$300 for your name on a paver
or $10 for your name written at the bottom of the urinal:thumbsu:

good Idea:thumbsu:
and the more you donate the more prestigeous position you get your name.
$300 for your name on a paver
or $10 for your name written at the bottom of the urinal:thumbsu:
I've written my name on more than one bathroom wall, and it never cost me a cent!

I even made money out of it once.........................:eek:;)

Hey, if every member buys an extra 3 game membership package this year and next
Moorabbin is DONE ! We CAN do it !!!!!!! :)

54132360.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before i get too excited
Who the hell is Paul Amy??
Journalist. Does a lot of VFL coverage and works for the Leader.

Ripper bloke, interviewed him once for a journalism assignment! Happy to help a first year out :thumbsu:

Last edited:
My understanding is that this portion is to allow planning and development to begin, with further funding to come.
Yeah thats all the media release talks about. I just find it odd that if there is further funding that it wasnt outlined in the budget. Especially when Geelong gets a massive amount of money to yet again improve their own personal stadium.

My understanding is that this portion is to allow planning and development to begin, with further funding to come.
correct because kingston said is over moorabin and said we have to do our planning instead of helping us

Yeah thats all the media release talks about. I just find it odd that if there is further funding that it wasnt outlined in the budget. Especially when Geelong gets a massive amount of money to yet again improve their own personal stadium.
theirs AFl games their giving the AFL money through tax on tickets etc etc, major difference, if we played afl games at moorabin it would get the same

theirs AFl games their giving the AFL money through tax on tickets etc etc, major difference, if we played afl games at moorabin it would get the same
I thought Simmonds was fairly subsidised as far as stadiums go? I understand the point but its still very selective as far as funds go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back