Analysis Review v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I stopped watching half way through the third term. It was an embarrassing effort and has undone a lot of the ground we made up this year. A truly pathetic effort to see off Schneider.

I stopped watching half way through the third term. It was an embarrassing effort and has undone a lot of the ground we made up this year. A truly pathetic effort to see off Schneider.

Only reason I'm still on the train right now was to clap him off. Very rarely left games early but today would have been one was it not for schneids.

Fitting to send him off against the swans, looks like he still has some close mates there, despite probs only 2 or 3 players still there from the 2007 squad.

Just wish we out in a better performance. 4 goals is depressing :(

Congratulations Adam Schneider on a great career . Hopefully the club can find a coaching role for him .

There is no substitute for class mainly but also speed & footy nouse.....we don't have bucket loads of class & what we have didn't play today. I have said it before & will say it again, the likes of Geary & Gilbert (as good as he was last week) are just warming a spot for a kid with skills & talent. We need to be patient...get a bit of perspective & transport yourself back to the start of the year, our minimal expectations & the dire predictions from nearly everyone.

Lack of skill today was more so noticeable I think
Because our three most skillful weren't playing Sinclair, Billings and Lonie.
We missed Membrey across half forward .
Billy Longers want for a contest was missed.
Delaney , our lock down on tall forwards cant get a game for some unknown reason .
Cant wait for Pre season and reading new PB times and weight gains of our kids . Cmon 2016

Did you see how many turn overs he had today, it wasn't good
I thought Steven showed something today - a willingness to fight for the hard ball while so many players today looked more like outside receivers who couldn't hit targets.

Steven's disposals left a lot to be desired, but gee he fights hard for the footy. His effort at the ball isn't matched by anyone as far as I'm concerned, and he is the king of 1%ers. He just doesn't give up. His kicking let him down today, but write him off at your own peril. I've said it before, I think he's the heart of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a lot better than jones ever was. 2 passes in the last qtr were great and bruce dropped them. He is the only player that doesn't stop in our midfield. Our whole team was horrendous with the ball today armo missed from 20 meters out
How do you mean?

I thought Steven showed something today - a willingness to fight for the hard ball while so many players today looked more like outside receivers who couldn't hit targets.

I have never faulted his effort or ability to rack up possessions, but his disposal by foot is atrocious. If he is typical of our new leaders then we are stuffed.

At this point he is floating of the cusp of B grade to B+ IMO.

Haven't seen any of the game (was on the road), so not as angry at having to sit through the loss.

Some thoughts about our players without having seen any of today's efforts -

Murdoch hasn't had a pre-season effectively.

Minchington playing as a small forward will be the first to suffer from a team playing poorly. Having said that, Sinclair alwayls looks good. Jury is still out on him, but another pre-season will help .

It starts at the top. By my observations, the senior players haven't been as good in the second half of the season, Armo mostly (I understand he's carrying a knock).

We've missed Billings and Sinclair in the front half.

Some broader perspective. This Sydney team thrashed GWS last week. A team with 4x the young talent as us had almost as bad a loss.

Plus, our Sydney team had Franklin playing.

Went to the game expecting us to put up a good showing like we have all year.
Wow, was I wrong with that thinking.

Reckon we spent all our petrol tickets last week. Looked flat footed.
Swans dictated the play all day.

Our game plan was:
Handball it to someone under more pressure than yourself.
Kick it blindly long OR
Kick it to a stationary player and see if you can land it on their head.

Fair dinkum, worst effort for the year, heads down and body language like they were counting how many minutes left to finish out the year.

On to delistings and trades.
Please ONLY people who can dispose of the ball properly.....

Be upset people , we played like s#@t,
Im angry but come tomorrow morning when I get up for work at my s@#tty job and my missus starts nagging, im gonna look at my Saints scarf and cap and say F#@k I love you St Kilda footy Club .
Nope I will be even more angry, we have 23 lawns to mow tomorrow. Loss like that stuffs the whole week up :(

we have a red hot dip against Geelong and we praise the players. We have a shocker against a much much better side and the knives come outo_O
We knew we would be inconsistent this yr and its been a long hard season.
Very dissapointing YES but it doesnt mean we lose sight of the bigger picture.

Went to the game. Very hard to watch.

Sydney 31 - St Kilda 28 Inside 50's @ half time. We were competitive around the ball but our offensive disposal is atrocious.

Great coaching move by Longmire playing Rampe on Bruce, allowed Richards and Grundy to dictate play on our lesser players.
There were times when I looked into the forward 50 and it was Bruce, Ross, Murdoch, Weller, Gilbert & Minch - enough said. Missed the natural forwards like Billings, Sinclair, McCartin, Membrey and Lonie.

Jack steven - 33 possessions @ 33% efficiency enough said

Goddard will be a player but still has a lot to learn about positioning and one on one contests. Chips is a great mentor on field.

Richo's mantra of pressure, pressure, pressure needs to change to Pressure, Ball movement, Score.

Great Career Schneiderman.

Disappointed by the non-response of the either the Saints twitter, the coach in the post-match presser and ex-AFLPA boss in regards to the Goodes booing. Should have hit that on the head asap. I hope at least something is said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back