Revising the top ten of the 2012 afl draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our recruiter rated him second in the draft when we got him
From my extensive viewing of him I can say i wholeheartedly agree - the kid is a freak talent.
All clubs say that about the players they get in the first round, they are hardly going to say, ohh we wanted Macrae or wines but we had to settle for menzel.

1. Wines
2. Stringer
3. Mayes (stagnated a little, but still all class)
4. Whitfield
5. Grundy
6. Daniher
7. Macrae
8. Vlastuin
9. Viney
10. Menzel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines, Macrae, Whitfield - top 3 mids in order
Daniher, Stringer top 2 forwards in order but Stringers versatility give him an edge.

1. Wines
2. Stringer
3. Daniher
4. Macrae
5. Whitfield

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
When it comes to importance for their teams already as 3rd year players then your top 3 is spot on and you could throw Grundy into the mix also

If they'd be given more games, reckon Ben Kennedy and Mason Wood would be up there

On output Wines and Grundy 1 and 2 for me, with an honorable mention to Macrae.

Most of this draft are still just potential.

Wines, Lachie and Macrae are the stand out mids for me but i reckon Viney will become better than Macrae.
Dogs obviously wouldn't have wanted to lose ward but being able to nail both 5 and 6 is a big plus.
Pies also did well with picks 18-20.

1. Wines
2. Stringer
3. Daniher
4. Grundy
5. Whitfield
6. Macrae
7. Viney
8. Vlastuin
Unsure from here onwards Mayes/Menzel/Thurlow would fill the last 2 spots in no particular order.

Essendon drafted okay with Gleeson developing into a decent player but still inconsistent as well as Ashby looks to become a regular next year.

Wines, Lachie and Macrae are the stand out mids for me but i reckon Viney will become better than Macrae.
Dogs obviously wouldn't have wanted to lose ward but being able to nail both 5 and 6 is a big plus.
Pies also did well with picks 18-20.

1. Wines
2. Stringer
3. Daniher
4. Grundy
5. Whitfield
6. Macrae
7. Viney
8. Vlastuin
Unsure from here onwards Mayes/Menzel/Thurlow would fill the last 2 spots in no particular order.

Essendon drafted okay with Gleeson developing into a decent player but still inconsistent as well as Ashby looks to become a regular next year.
Viney just looks like a small goer to me. Not overly clean or smart with the footy. All heart, so there's a place in the game for that, but not in the same conversation as Macrae.

1. Wines
2. Stringer
3. Daniher
4. Whitfield
5. Grundy
6. Macrae
7. Menzel
8. Mayes
9. Stewart
10. Thurlow

Am I missing something in terms of why Daniher is featuring so high on all these lists? Is it on potential still or on what's has actually delivering now? Would have Wines, Macrae, Stringer, Whitfield and Grundy all comfortably ahead of him on output to date.

If it's on potential, fair enough.
He's averaging 2 goals a game this year including a bag of six in one of the worst attacking sides in the league as a 3rd year 201cm key forward. It's part potential and part output.

If it's on output only I'd have those 5 ahead but on a mix I'd probably put him 3rd behind Wines & Stringer. All 5 of those players physically were more ready to go than Joe from day one however.

If the draft is to be held today
1. Daniher
2. Wines
3. Grundy
4. Stringer
5. Macrae
6. Whitfield
7-10 are all whatever. Similar players with unproven talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back