Roast RFC's Guernsey's

What the hell is going on with the club and it's 3 million guernsey's in a season?

Come on i realise some of them are for good causes and all but it's getting beyond the joke, the club is watering down it's most famous image.

Firstly let me just say, we all have people around us that get sick, and fall the way we have for millennia but it just seems that it's caught on to be cool to show how we feel about it on our guernsey's.

First clubs started putting the old initials on the back of their guernsey's above the number, then all of a sudden it was cool to put ANZAC on it, then we started showing appretiation for Womens breast cancer, and so on and so forth.
This season have we even worn are proper Guernsey's?

Do we even really need to show on our guernsey's that we are helping these causes? There are other ways.

Sick of it really.
/rant

RichoAtzyG

Senior List
Apr 7, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Richmond
What the hell is going on with the club and it's 3 million guernsey's in a season?

Come on i realise some of them are for good causes and all but it's getting beyond the joke, the club is watering down it's most famous image.

Firstly let me just say, we all have people around us that get sick, and fall the way we have for millennia but it just seems that it's caught on to be cool to show how we feel about it on our guernsey's.

First clubs started putting the old initials on the back of their guernsey's above the number, then all of a sudden it was cool to put ANZAC on it, then we started showing appretiation for Womens breast cancer, and so on and so forth.
This season have we even worn are proper Guernsey's?

Do we even really need to show on our guernsey's that we are helping these causes? There are other ways.

Sick of it really.
/rant
One of the problems with this is they keep using the same colours for different organisations i.e. Match for maddie is purple, allanna and madeleine foundation is also purple, there will come a point where nobody knows what organisation they are raising awareness for. but having said that i don't really care what our guernsey looks like, so long as i can tell we are richmond and can read the numbers.

How so?
Please share.
I disagree as I don't see a problem with it. Footy is a great way to raise awareness for many social issues.

slimdusty4

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
ManU, UNC, Knicks, NYRangers, Yanks
alanah and madeline has the slightest purple lines, that you can't even notice unless close up on tv, so you couldn't whinge about that, and in the same respect, when people do notice it, it raises awareness for a great organization. i have no issue with it, its a great cause, I'm sure we wear the same jumper against st kilda in a couple of weeks, as we can't go too purple, with st kilda also doing it.

we have the dreamtime jumper, which was a great initiative, started by richmond, that the entire afl now does.

we have a clash jumper which is slightly unattractive due to the mellow yellow, but practical. at least its yellow, black and sashed, its 2015, not 1975, these things are inevitable, and most of them are for a good cause.

slimdusty4

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
there is also the rumoured homecoming jumper for the carlton game, but that may be as simple as names on the sash.

Richmond with ISC , no colour issues simple 2 jumpers.
home-2016.png

clash-2016.png

slimdusty4

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heard Nike want back in at punt road
tell me more about this...

just hope the jumper has a better form/shape to it than the carlton one, guys like daisy and henderson, yarran and back to betts, looked ******* stupid in those jumpers with baggy shorts.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Im not fussed what our jumper looks like as long as its Yellow & black

Would have been great had the tigers made the slash purple on the maddies match jumper
I think you'll find that it is the Saints who have the special purple jumper for this match.
Most we will do is the purple piping like the A&M jumper to make sure there is no clash

Back