Media rfctigerarmy calling it a day

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all SFAers.

My name is rfctigerarmy and I'd like to announce my retirement from the Fighting Furies. I will not be playing for any club next season, so lets just squash that first and foremost. A few teams approached me to not only play, but captain their club in the future*. As much as I would have loved* that, I've decided to be a one club player.

I made the decision quite a while ago, roughly midway through this season. I felt as though the Furies were well and truly in good hands and are such a success that I wasn't really needed anymore.

I began my career as a captain, coach and founder of the Fighting Furies in S3. Initially the task wasn't easy, I wanted the club to be a Richmond only club. Getting players wasn't the issue, but activity was, in the early days. I think we really landed in S5, when we won our first premiership. Similar to now, it was at that point that I felt I could move on and allow someone else to captain the club.

Anyway, no need to really bang on about my career or all the games I've played. I've been pretty lucky that fellow Furians have been so dedicated to the Furies, so my career is definitely a reflection on every single one of the Furies players.

Having played the most games in the SFA carries a huge amount of pressure. We have so many great SFA posters from so many different clubs and a lot of them deserve high titles too. So, to everyone who posts and sims the matches over all the years I've been playing, I'd like to thank them all for their hard work and dedication.

Like I said, no real need to make this book-length, we'll just keep it short and sweet(fa).

Thanks all and go the Fuzzies. :)

* blatant lie.

Well done on a terrific career, rfctigerarmy. Your longevity and constant activity has been to the benefit of our league. Your time in the SFA will not be easily forgotten. You are written into the history of your club and of our league. Sad to see you go.

Well done on a terrific career, rfctigerarmy. Your longevity and constant activity has been to the benefit of our league. Your time in the SFA will not be easily forgotten. You are written into the history of your club and of our league. Sad to see you go.

it's sad when your dad says he doesn't want to be around any more.

But seriously on behalf of the team we want to thankyou for everything. You have been amazing.

I was a little worried when fumbler and I approached you to get your thoughts on weather we should open the doors to non Tigers at the Furies. You were very open and very understanding that it was a direction the club needed to go as long as we were faithful to the foundation that the Furies were cast upon.

Behind the scenes you are always there and always willing to help so for that we also thank you. You are the first inductee into the claw of fame and also have the best and fairest named after you. As a sign of all things american we will retire the number 21 for the Furies. We were going to make the captain wear 21 but I was going to go all Cotchin and change the rules.

Thanks again mate. We really appreciate everything and hope you can stay on as coach in season 19.

Tigs.

It has been a pleasure to play and post along side you at the Furies, mate, especially in the early days of my Furies career playing second fiddle to you as a CHF whilst you dominated out of the square.

Your contribution not just to the Furies, but to the SFA over the course of your career is gargantuan and your Hall of Fame selection is thoroughly deserved. You leave a legacy behind and rather big shoes to fill, and ones that I hope we Furies are equipped to fill.

All the best in retirement, champ. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not this thread mate, not this thread.

Farewell rfctigerarmy, the greatest Fury and possibly the greatest SFA player of all-time.
One of those times I wish I could like a comment more than once.

Much respect for a great of the league.

Hope to still see you around the traps rfctigerarmy and you know the door is always open at YOUR Fighting Furies

Only played the one season with you, rfctigerarmy, but am well aware of the wonderful legacy you have left the Furies.
Rest assured that with Wacky Tiger in charge, your Fighting Furies will go from strength to strength, the future is Furious!
Great career, enjoy retirement, but don't forget to drop in from time to time.

This thread really deserves some more love.

This guy has played in every single Furies game and played apart in 9 Grand Finals and won 4 of them.

10 GF's a record for any player.

We Furies know the great one, it's others who have skimmed but thanks for your concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back