Draft Profile Rhys Marles

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's not eligable this year, and I doubt he'll be eligable next year (played u16s and u18s for Sturt so far this year), so he's probably a 2013 draft target.

I'm just bringing the name up now, because he looks like a very good talent.

Plays for Sturt, in the SANFL
I'm pretty sure he was #11 yesterday whom got 4 goals.

Anyway, at his current height he wouldn't be a true tall key position forward, but he has a great lead, great hands, great footy brain and a very good leg on him.

Reminds me of the forward version of Ricciuto. I havn't seen his ability in the midfield yet, which is why I was careful when saying 'forward version', but up forward he's like that, can be a key target but lacks the height to be an outright KPP.

But, you must also note that he's 1-2 years younger than the kids around him. 1 growth spurt, and he might be a perfect height for key position, add the advantage of height onto what he already has, and he could be the next big star forward prospect to hit the AFL.

Should be drafted when he reaches draft age, and he has a pretty decent frame on him already, a little more meat on him and he could be an AFL ready KPP when he reaches draft age rather than waiting a year or 2 like Watts has.

Unfortunately, Adelaide don't need a player like him, so I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing him carve up the Crows one day :(

He gets a mention in last weeks u18s wrapup at about the 54 second mark, (name comes up at 58 but just wanted to ensure you see it all) http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1499/

"Leading the goal kickers on the day was Rhys Marles hailing from the river murray football league, Rhys captains the meningee football club, where he scored, wait for it, 104 goals for the under 15s in 2010. In just one game this time last year against Tailem Bend, Rhys scored a whopping 17 goals, just 3 today against North, c'mon Rhys, lift your game"

Note - Actually looking through that, he looks a good heigh, I guess Port Adelaide's defenders are a little taller making him look a little shorter. I'll try and get information on him at another time for his listed height with Sturt.

Funny to note how he's now playing B grade for Meningie in their finals series and can't crack their A grade.

Funny to note how he's now playing B grade for Meningie in their finals series and can't crack their A grade.
Isn't bumping a thread with the benefit of hindsight against the forums rules

/May or may not be trying to backflip and hide from my bad call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back