Richmond 2015 Draw - 7 FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES

I thought i would get a discussion started about the tigers draw for 2015.
Now i don't have prophetic skills like pasquale, but i will do my best to predict what teams we may play twice during 2015.
In 2013, the AFL announced that they would start a system were each team are assigned a group. Three groups of 6, dependent on ladder position. Group 1 1-6, Group 2 7-12, Group 3 13-18.
When choosing who you would play twice, a team would play 2 teams from their group. The other three games where split between the other two groups.
Last year, Richmond finished 7th on the ladder, so were assigned group 2.
The teams Richmond played twice in 2014 and their ladder positions were,

Sydney 4 Group 1
Essendon 9 Group 2
Brisbane 12 Group 2
St Kilda 16 Group 3
GWS 18 Group 3

Ladder position after the 2014 H&A, groups and the year Richmond last played twice in a year,

Group 1
1 Sydney 2014
2 Hawthorn 2008
3 Geelong 2007
4 Fremantle 2013
5 Port 2012
6 North 2011

Group 2

7 Essendon 2014
8 Richmond
9 West Coast 2009
10 Adelaide 2010
11 Collingwood 2007
12 Gold Coast

Group 3

13 Carlton 2013
14 Bulldogs 2013
15 Brisbane 2014
16 GWS 2014
17 Melbourne 2012
18 ST Kilda 2014

So looking at the above information, i think Richmond will play 2 teams from group 1, two from group 2 and 1 from group 3.
The teams from Group 1 could be Geelong and Hawthorn.
It was reported that Geelong wanted a big team to play at skilled. The word was it may be Richmond. We really shouldn't be playing at such a small stadium, but may be offset with more Friday night games or less interstate travel.
Richmond haven't played Hawthorn twice since 2008, so we are due.

The teams from group 2 could be Collingwood, WCE or Gold Coast.
It's been a long time since we have played Collingwood twice. West Coast could be a chance, but i doubt that we will travel twice to Perth in one year as its our turn to play Freo in Perth.
Gold Coast is the odd one. Have never played twice in a year and three home game in Cairns. Do you even the H&A record between the teams or just play twice in the year.

The teams from group 3 could be Carlton.
The only reason it could be Carlton is that Gill wants the draw to be more Fan Friendly.
Better games, Bigger crowds and a good feel is what the AFL wants. From that last group Carlton, match those standards.

So the teams that i think Richmond will play twice in 2015 are,
Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Carlton.
What do you think and lets the discussion begin.
We will find out toward the end of October.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2007
Elland Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
We won't play Carlton twice as Essendon and Collingwood in the same group as us. they will draw them against Carlton before us.

Will get Collingwood and Essendon twice IMO. Agree will get 2 from the top 6, probably as you suggest, just don't want to go to Pussy Park.

Big chance to get the Shemons twice next year is my guess.

Now i don't have prophetic skills like pasquale, but i will do my best to predict what teams we may play twice during 2015.
In 2013, the AFL announced that they would start a system were each team are assigned a group. Three groups of 6, dependent on ladder position. Group 1 1-6, Group 2 7-12, Group 3 13-18.
When choosing who you would play twice, a team would play 2 teams from their group. The other three games where split between the other two groups.

Sydney 4 Group 1
Essendon 9 Group 2
Brisbane 12 Group 2
St Kilda 16 Group 3
GWS 18 Group 3

Ladder position after the 2014 H&A, groups and the year Richmond last played twice in a year,

Group 1
1 Sydney 2014
2 Hawthorn 2008
3 Geelong 2007
4 Fremantle 2013
5 Port 2012
6 North 2011

Group 2

7 Essendon 2014
8 Richmond
9 West Coast 2009
10 Adelaide 2010
11 Collingwood 2007
12 Gold Coast

Group 3

13 Carlton 2013
14 Bulldogs 2013
15 Brisbane 2014
16 GWS 2014
17 Melbourne 2012
18 ST Kilda 2014

So looking at the above information, i think Richmond will play 2 teams from group 1, two from group 2 and 1 from group 3.
It was reported that Geelong wanted a big team to play at skilled. The word was it may be Richmond. We really shouldn't be playing at such a small stadium, but may be offset with more Friday night games or less interstate travel.

It's been a long time since we have played Collingwood twice. West Coast could be a chance, but i doubt that we will travel twice to Perth in one year as its our turn to play Freo in Perth.
Gold Coast is the odd one. Have never played twice in a year and three home game in Cairns. Do you even the H&A record between the teams or just play twice in the year.

The only reason it could be Carlton is that Gill wants the draw to be more Fan Friendly.
Better games, Bigger crowds and a good feel is what the AFL wants. From that last group Carlton, match those standards.

2014-09-18-11-52-55-1960198344.jpeg

You've stumped me but well done.

TheProwler

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2009
Tassie
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 81284
You've stumped me but well done.
The bloke in your picture is easily stumped
image.jpg

Now for the draw...... Tipping we will play Sydney, Norf, Essendon, WCE & Brisbane twice. Away games to Sydney, WCE, Freo, Port, Brisbane & GWS.

With Carlton getting more games at the G someone will need to play more at Etihad so I guess we will play home games vs saints, norf and probably dogs at Etihad:oops:

The bloke in your picture is easily stumped
View attachment 81286

Now for the draw...... Tipping we will play Sydney, Norf, Essendon, WCE & Brisbane twice. Away games to Sydney, WCE, Freo, Port, Brisbane & GWS.

With Carlton getting more games at the G someone will need to play more at Etihad so I guess we will play home games vs saints, norf and probably dogs at Etihad:oops:
Frequent flyer points for the boys. .... shocking away draw. ....

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
We won't play Carlton twice in 2015, since they finished in the 13-18 group they will only get a max 2 double ups against teams from 7-12 and they will be coll and ess.
Our twice games will be,
Geelong, they will want to send us to kp and will give us a mcg game in return
Fremantle, we will only go to Perth once and this will be it.
Essendon, always a given and possibly 8 points in the bank.
Gold Coast, we just seem due to play them twice.
Melbourne, we have played st k and bris twice the last 2 years and we are due to miss the gws away game,bull bogs might be in place of melb if the afl want us to play a home game at etihad.

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Sydney 4 Group 1
Essendon 9 Group 2
Brisbane 12 Group 2
St Kilda 16 Group 3
GWS 18 Group 3

Group 1
1 Sydney 2014
2 Hawthorn 2008
3 Geelong 2007
4 Fremantle 2013
5 Port 2012
6 North 2011

Group 2

7 Essendon 2014
8 Richmond
9 West Coast 2009
10 Adelaide 2010
11 Collingwood 2007
12 Gold Coast

Group 3

13 Carlton 2013
14 Bulldogs 2013
15 Brisbane 2014
16 GWS 2014
17 Melbourne 2012
18 ST Kilda 2014

I appreciate how much you have put into this mate but going on current form thats 4 out of 5 of our bogey sides and i have no idea why we seem to get nervous around certain clubs compared to others. I only left the hawks out as we have beaten them well a few times over the last few years, honestly im hoping no matter the draw we finally show what were capable of this season. Have the feeling its really RFC's acid test in 2015.

My ideal draw:

1. Carlton Away MCG
2. Adelaide Home MCG
3. Geelong Home MCG

4. Melbourne Away MCG
5. WCE Away Subiaco
6. Hawthorn Home MCG
7. Sydney Away SCG
8. Bulldogs Away Etihad
9. Essendon Home MCG
10. Saints Away Etihad
11. Port Home MCG
12. Collingwood Home MCG

13. Gold Coast Away Metricon
14. GWS Home Etihad
15. Fremantle Away Subiaco
16. Brisbane Home MCG
17. North Away Etihad
18. Geelong Away MCG
19. WCE Home Etihad
20. Hawthorn Away MCG
21. GWS Home MCG
22. Gold Coast Home MCG

Games against 2014 top 6 sides: 8
Games against 2014 bottom 6 sides: 7
Games against 2014 mid 6 sides: 7
Double up sides: Hawthorn Geelong Gold Coast WCE GWS
MCG Home Games: 9
Etihad Home Games: 2
Etihad Total Games: 5
Interstate Games: 5

Last edited:

leekok

Cancelled
I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Dec 7, 2013
offline, online whilst posting
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hide the sausage
The draw system, unravelled in 2013, did not seem to apply to us this year. We finished 5th yet played more cellar dweller teams twice. hopefully the same happens next year to give us a fighting chance

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
We won't play Carlton twice in 2015, since they finished in the 13-18 group they will only get a max 2 double ups against teams from 7-12 and they will be coll and ess.
Our twice games will be,
Geelong, they will want to send us to kp and will give us a mcg game in return
Fremantle, we will only go to Perth once and this will be it.
Essendon, always a given and possibly 8 points in the bank.
Gold Coast, we just seem due to play them twice.
Melbourne, we have played st k and bris twice the last 2 years and we are due to miss the gws away game,bull bogs might be in place of melb if the afl want us to play a home game at etihad.
We ll be playing WC twice so do u think we go to wa twice for away games?

slimdusty4

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
ManU, UNC, Knicks, NYRangers, Yanks
The draw system, unravelled in 2013, did not seem to apply to us this year. We finished 5th yet played more cellar dweller teams twice. hopefully the same happens next year to give us a fighting chance
we finished 7th or 8th (where fixturing is concerned) because we lost the first final didn't we?

We finished 7th, so our draw was based upon being in the middle bracket

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
We ll be playing WC twice so do u think we go to wa twice for away games?
If we play WCE twice then we will play freo once and I think it will involve two perth trips but only one perth trip if other way around.

Richmond v the interstate sides home and away 2010-2014

Sydney- 4 home 4 away
Brisbane- 3 home 4 away
Adelaide- 2 home 4 away
Port ade- 4 home 3 away
West coast- 2 home 3 away
fremantle- 5 home 3 away
Gws- 1 home 3 away
Gold Coast- 3 home 1 away

Didn't we finish 8th?, why 7th, that ESS isn't it
We played on the Sunday so because they played on the Saturday night and lost well technically they were the first team eliminated meaning they finished 8th..... Hope that makes sense.

Jun 27, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
We played on the Sunday so because they played on the Saturday night and lost well technically they were the first team eliminated meaning they finished 8th..... Hope that makes sense.

I thought as the Port vs Richmond game was the First Elimination Final that would make us 8th. The day of the game means nothing i would think. Meaning Essendon Losing the 2nd Elimination final would have them above us.

I thought as the Port vs Richmond game was the First Elimination Final that would make us 8th. The day of the game means nothing i would think. Meaning Essendon Losing the 2nd Elimination final would have them above us.
Yeah. ... fair point. .... Who knows then. ....Robbed of a better draft pick again. ..

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton

Yeah. ... fair point. .... Who knows then. ....Robbed of a better draft pick again. ..
Final positions after the finals are based on ladder positions after the home and away season, it's got nothing to do with who played when.

Back