King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
All jokes aside about these two teams being inconsistent, unpredictable, 9th place finishes...

Hawthorn, Sydney and Fremantle have been the benchmark teams over the last 2 years.

North in 2014 beat Hawthorn, Sydney in Sydney, Fremantle in Perth.

Richmond this year have beaten Hawthorn, Sydney in Sydney and Fremantle in Perth.

As we all know Finals are a completely different kettle of fish to Home and Away games.

North found out the hard way last year.

Richmond will find out the same way that North did and I will not be in the least bit surprised when it happens.

Richmond will not win the flag this year, no matter how excited Richmond fans and the media are getting about the possibility of a Richmond flag.

All jokes aside about these two teams being inconsistent, unpredictable, 9th place finishes...

Hawthorn, Sydney and Fremantle have been the benchmark teams over the last 2 years.

Richmond this year have beaten Hawthorn, Sydney in Sydney and Fremantle in Perth.

As we all know Finals are a completely different kettle of fish to Home and Away games.

Richmond will find out the same way that North did and I will not be in the least bit surprised when it happens.

Richmond will not win the flag this year, no matter how excited Richmond fans and the media are getting about the possibility of a Richmond flag.
Is there a question there? Opportunity for debate or just closed statement champ?

I don't exactly agree. There are similarities in their performances against the top teams, but for the past 2 months the Tigers have been setting the benchmark, side from the odd loss. They won't likely win the flag, but North still had a lot of doubt even when beating those teams, whereas the Tigers have much more upside. The last month of the H&A season will set it up, but I like the look of Richmond and don't think they'll suffer the same fate as North.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haha yer Sir wise one......

I don't exactly agree. There are similarities in their performances against the top teams, but for the past 2 months the Tigers have been setting the benchmark, side from the odd loss. They won't likely win the flag, but North still had a lot of doubt even when beating those teams, whereas the Tigers have much more upside. The last month of the H&A season will set it up, but I like the look of Richmond and don't think they'll suffer the same fate as Norf.
So a more competitive Prelim coming up for the Tigers?

But can Richmond score? Have only scored over 100, 3 times this year and two of those occurred in rounds 1 and 3 and the other round 7 - haven't hit 100 for the past 10 rounds.

Great to be defensive but still have to be attacking. You do still have to entertain, we don't need another Freo. It might be their Achilles heal.

North beat Hawthorn at about the same stage of 2014, but I think the Tigers might be better than the 2014 Roos.

How long since a team has gone from not winning a final to a premiership?

Won't win the flag. Next year onwards I wouod think is more realistic.

Our forward line is still inconsistent and it doesn't help when we keep getting injuries to our forwards. Our midfield and defence have barely changed all year.

Richmond fans are getting excited about a premiership?

I've been a Richmond fan long enough to be thinking that with 11 wins we're not certainties for the 8 yet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond similar to last year just don't impose that 'threat' on you. There's something about the fact that when they beat Hawks swans etc even last year going into finals everyone just didn't think much of it and then they got absolutely dismantled the first week things got serious (the finals). I could see the same thing happening this year although they could have a 2nd chance when they lose the first week of finals if they make top 4. There's just something about the team that makes you not think they are threat even winning these games and I think Hawks freo and swans would be thinking oh it's bad we lost but if we met them in finals we would beat them kind of mentality.

mate they went to the prelim last year, as a long suffering richmond fan id be ecstatic as long as this is a stepping stone to greater things

Richmond similar to last year just don't impose that 'threat' on you. There's something about the fact that when they beat Hawks swans etc even last year going into finals everyone just didn't think much of it and then they got absolutely dismantled the first week things got serious (the finals). I could see the same thing happening this year although they could have a 2nd chance when they lose the first week of finals if they make top 4. There's just something about the team that makes you not think they are threat even winning these games and I think Hawks freo and swans would be thinking oh it's bad we lost but if we met them in finals we would beat them kind of mentality.
Port were a flash in the pan last year, 2015 validates that..... You see, I can use your logic too.

So upset aren't you mate... Cats no longer relevant, old and washed up.

I think that's just because we've been s**t for a very long time. Hopefully that is changing now.

I actually thought the same of Collingwood in 2010, proved me wrong.

Found out the hard way by getting further than anyone expected with a great comeback against Essendon and beating Geelong?

No one expected us to beat Geelong but it was nice kicking them out of the finals so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back