Richmond have the fourth longest finals streak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention all the off-field advances, from stable management to a stand alone VFL side.

I keep going back to the point that there were significant reasons why the club was in such a hole and that those issues needed to be addressed before we could expect much in the way of on-field success.

To say the club has done "nothing" because we haven't yet won a flag under the current administration whilst at the same time overlooking all the very real achievements of that administration -- all of which were necessary foundational steps -- just boggles the mind.

To say some people have zero idea would actually be giving them too much credit.
I'm on the same page.

My agreeing that we had done nothing was me taking the bait. Happens sometimes when I've had a few :S

I'm on the same page.

My agreeing that we had done nothing was me taking the bait. Happens sometimes when I've had a few :S

Don't worry, SpudsLoveChild, I get what you were saying.

I don't have a problem with people pointing out that we haven't won a final -- we all know that the last two finals campaigns haven't been cause for celebration.

Here's hoping 2015 brings better things.

Even Coburg can put a VFL side together as it only costs about $920k. We should be flying on our $40 million budget
I still reckon if we bow out early again this year we've under achieved in the DH era:eek:
The mind boggles around here how people still accept making finals and getting mauled in the EF as some big achievement;)

And we all thank you for it.

Came to this thread to see people talking to themselves.

Clicked on show ignored content and was not surprised.

It saves a lot of aggravation :)

Even Coburg can put a VFL side together as it only costs about $920k. We should be flying on our $40 million budget
I still reckon if we bow out early again this year we've under achieved in the DH era:eek:
The mind boggles around here how people still accept making finals and getting mauled in the EF as some big achievement;)
I'd be livid if we go out without a win.

I'm sorry we've had some (incomplete) success.

Hopefully we can go back to being a basket case soon so you can resume getting your jollies from talking s**t about us.

Until then, you'll just have to keep clutching at those negative straws and hoping that one of them might cut off someone's oxygen supply.

I'm sorry we've had some (incomplete) success.

Hopefully we can go back to being a basket case soon so you can resume getting your jollies from talking s**t about us.

Until then, you'll just have to keep clutching at those negative straws and hoping that one of them might cut off someone's oxygen supply.
It's sad you think like that mate. If you had carefully read my posts you may have at least understood the basics of it.
Go back to start and try again before you jump on the lynching mob train.
Take 2

I didn't say this buddy. :mad:
Yes, you're right, you didn't say those exact words but that's the impression that you give me, any many others, and you've missed the point of the OP, IMHO of course.
To achieve the ultimate success, in a salary capped comp, you have to build towards it, a strong club on and off the field, three consecutive finals series is a vital step in this process, it gains you experience, confidence and respect, I love that my club is regaining the respect of the football world after 30 years in the wilderness, what we have done in the previous two series and what we may do in this one is irrelevant to this thread, it's recognition that we are on the right path is all.
Whether we achieve premiership success, now or at any time in the future, is unknown but we are giving ourselves every chance and I'm enjoying the ride.
You mentioned the Dogs and Saints and cited their lack of ultimate success, true but most of the Dogs/Saints fans enjoyed the ride, Saints a dodgy bounce and a rampant Jarman from a flag and the Dogs a dodgy goal umpire away from a crack at the Saints, that's sport and life as well.
There will be plenty of opportunity to bemoan our lack of success if we lose our elimination final, a real possibility, and I have no doubt that you will be leading the charge (we might see the return of some missing posters as well) but even if we do lose, I reckon we won't ;), we are very well placed to have more cracks at it over the next five or so years.
This thread is about recognising were we are, not what we've done previously or what we may do in a couple of weeks.

Yes, you're right, you didn't say those exact words but that's the impression that you give me, any many others, and you've missed the point of the OP, IMHO of course.
To achieve the ultimate success, in a salary capped comp, you have to build towards it, a strong club on and off the field, three consecutive finals series is a vital step in this process, it gains you experience, confidence and respect, I love that my club is regaining the respect of the football world after 30 years in the wilderness, what we have done in the previous two series and what we may do in this one is irrelevant to this thread, it's recognition that we are on the right path is all.
Whether we achieve premiership success, now or at any time in the future, is unknown but we are giving ourselves every chance and I'm enjoying the ride.
You mentioned the Dogs and Saints and cited their lack of ultimate success, true but most of the Dogs/Saints fans enjoyed the ride, Saints a dodgy bounce and a rampant Jarman from a flag and the Dogs a dodgy goal umpire away from a crack at the Saints, that's sport and life as well.
There will be plenty of opportunity to bemoan our lack of success if we lose our elimination final, a real possibility, and I have no doubt that you will be leading the charge (we might see the return of some missing posters as well) but even if we do lose, I reckon we won't ;), we are very well placed to have more cracks at it over the next five or so years.
This thread is about recognising were we are, not what we've done previously or what we may do in a couple of weeks.
Just like Carlton built towards it with Judd and the Sainys and the Dogs and the Demons many moons ago. We are still at first base as maying finals doesn't necessarily guarantee success
One thing I will add in your favour though the club has taken serious steps in readiness for next year by moving on list cloggers
Now the hard bit comes by attracting the big fish to bring over their sleeping bags
Haven't missed the op by more than what you have. Just seeing things with caution rather than extreme optimism
Just like the optimistic and positive clowns who all posting swans would lose today and sat down today in front of the idiot box expecting the Saints to beat the Swans:rolleyes:
I'm just holding my cards close to my chest atm:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what was the purpose of the thread mr golden gay time If I can't put in a simple comment ?you don't sound like you're having fun to me. You sound depressing by starting an argument over bull dust.
I'm just keeping a lid on it ffs
By your argument Fremantle have done * all after 4 finals series too then.

Which got me to thinking...who is going to be our nemesis over this period?

Sydney, Hawthorn and Freo are going to have to go through a rebuild sooner or later.
So if these teams are sliding, who is going to fill the void?

North, Eagles, and Port imo.

For mine, North are too old to be competitive for long. Wells is probably their best player, but his 30, has on-going injury issues, and sadly, we won't him at his best again. I'd say the same for Petrie, Harvey, dal Santo, Firrito, Thompson, Grima and Waite. All north of 30. Goldstein and Lindsay "Let me lay down and see what happens" Thomas are both 28. I reckon I've named 7 or 8 of their top ten in the B&F. They are gawn after this year, unless they get VERY lucky with fragile, older bodies.

Eagles and Port will be competitive for years. So will the Dogs and GWS. Adelaide, maybe to a lesser extent.

The Cats are probably only a year or two away, really. You could build a team around Selwood, Hawkins and Taylor, all mid-20s.

Just like Carlton built towards it with Judd and the Sainys and the Dogs and the Demons many moons ago. We are still at first base as maying finals doesn't necessarily guarantee success
One thing I will add in your favour though the club has taken serious steps in readiness for next year by moving on list cloggers
Now the hard bit comes by attracting the big fish to bring over their sleeping bags
Haven't missed the op by more than what you have. Just seeing things with caution rather than extreme optimism
Just like the optimistic and positive clowns who all posting swans would lose today and sat down today in front of the idiot box expecting the Saints to beat the Swans:rolleyes:
I'm just holding my cards close to my chest atm:)
Nothing like Carlton at all, nor the Demons, and my entire post was about how success is never guaranteed using the Dogs and Saints as examples.
Where is the "extreme optimism"? We all know it could go either way in an elimination final no matter who we play, which I will again stress is a topic for another thread.
Really, those that were hoping for a Saints win, and that's all it really was, are clowns? Why not hope for the best?

Nothing like Carlton at all, nor the Demons, and my entire post was about how success is never guaranteed using the Dogs and Saints as examples.
Where is the "extreme optimism"? We all know it could go either way in an elimination final no matter who we play, which I will again stress is a topic for another thread.
Really, those that were hoping for a Saints win, and that's all it really was, are clowns? Why not hope for the best?

And just on the "extreme optimism" thing...

When people point out we have a new state of the art facility, no debt, stable administration, a stand alone VFL side, record membership and attendance, and so on, this is not any form of "optimism" -- it's simply to acknowledge facts.

Acknowledging that the club has done well in these areas isn't to ignore that there's more to do.

That the club has done well in these areas is, however, just a fact and I think one which deserves to be recognized and celebrated.

So well done RFC. Keep up the good work!

Typing in colours.... Angry?

Typing in colours.... Angry?
Not at all, making it easy for TI to understand which points I was referring to and the thread needed colour put back into it. It's a happy thread. :):thumbsu::rainbow::hearts:

i hope i win tatts Sat night.
any way i think we are on the same page after your last post

We still haven't achieved anything yet after two hit outs. It's a bull dust stat unless we xxxxxxxx win one
Even the Bulldogs progressed to prelims and got zip. Ask the Saints how many flags they've won in the last ten years.
Still you have to get there to have a chance but yes a win would be nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back