News Richmond list management disaster revealed by former coach Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

What? Are they trying to tell us that Richmond have been unsuccessful for for a long time!

Wait until others catch on. You won't be able to post without seeing things about lack of finals wins.

Keeping players was the least of our worries in 90s to mid 2000s. We could field 2 teams of duds with our poor recruitment.

Seniors
B: Anthony Banik, Matthew Francis, Allistair Scott
HB: Jarrod Oakleigh-Nichols, Pat Steinfort, Damien Ryan
C: Ezra Poyas, Adam Thompson,Craig Biddiscombe
HF: Terry Keays, Cleve Hughes, Danny Meyer
F: Paul Hudson, Richard Lounder (c), Wayne Hernaman
Foll: Steven O'Dywer, Alex Gilmour, Wayne Peters
Inter: Richard Anderson (vc), Robert Wren, Travis Caserley, Brad Smith

Reserves
B: Luke Weller, Brad Gwilliam, Clay Sampson
HB: Tim Fleming, Aaron James, Clinton King
C: Aaron Fiora, Simon Fletcher, Todd Bremen
HF: Billy Nicholls, Shane Morrison, Ashley Blurton
F: Steven Jackson, Kent Kingsley, Adam Houlihan
FOLL: Ben Marsh, Steven Sziller, Justin Blumfield
Inter: Tom Roach, Dean Limbach, John Rombotis
Emerg: David Bourke, Jamie Elliott, Ty Esler, Richard Tambling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The next challenge is to match Spud’s effort of winning a final."

Nobody at the HS game to put their name to this s**t? Why would I pay for this rubbish when I can get trolled for free on BF?

Is this the first time you have graced us with your presence RTB? Welcome

The real disaster was employing Frawley for 5 years. He came to us after taking the Collingwood reserves to a wooden spoon. No respect for him and seeing what a goon he is in the media I haven't changed my opinion of him. Made many dum statements but one that stands out was when he was asked about our list at the end of 2004 (when we were wooden spooners). His reply: By adding Brett Deledio to the list Richmond will make the finals in 2005. The incoming coach Mr Terry Wallace was heard to say when he took over that the list was a "trainwreck". No idea of list management and a serial overrater of lists and players.

As he claims that we had no money so we had to top up with spuds. If we just kept the picks in the 2001 draft we may have ended up with at least one serviceable player from the Superdraft!!

Sent from my iPhone

The real disaster was employing Frawley for 5 years. He came to us after taking the Collingwood reserves to a wooden spoon. No respect for him and seeing what a goon he is in the media I haven't changed my opinion of him. Made many dum statements but one that stands out was when he was asked about our list at the end of 2004 (when we were wooden spooners). His reply: By adding Brett Deledio to the list Richmond will make the finals in 2005. The incoming coach Mr Terry Wallace was heard to say when he took over that the list was a "trainwreck". No idea of list management and a serial overrater of lists and players.
We kinda needed to though to get rid of the stigma that we just sack coaches on a whim.
Frawley was pretty much the only person willing to take the job

I like his comment that 'as a coach you want to be telling the players how kick and handball.'

No wonder we were so s**t when he had to focus on the basics.
agreebyrd.gif

We kinda needed to though to get rid of the stigma that we just sack coaches on a whim.
Frawley was pretty much the only person willing to take the job
Yeah true enough, what a sad indictment on our club that he was the best option. The changing of coaches was a blight on us for some time. Players didn't have to perform because at the end of the day the coach copped it, never any continuity or stability to build a strong team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back