Richmond Player Contract Statuses

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's HUN:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r-to-reece-conca/story-fni5f9jb-1226697356651

I thought we had 'plenty of room' in the cap.

I hope this is not going to end up messier than its becoming....

That article is pretty different to what everyone on here has heard. Doesn't mention wanting to go home once. Almost sounds to me like it might've been his agent feeding the HUN trying to push Reece's offer up.

I'm worried about losing him now though. Heard from a source in the footy department tonight that they are worried about losing him. Would be shattering to lose someone with so much potential. Only good news is that surely WC and Freo would have fairly tight caps as well wouldn't they?

That article is pretty different to what everyone on here has heard. Doesn't mention wanting to go home once. Almost sounds to me like it might've been his agent feeding the HUN trying to push Reece's offer up.

I'm worried about losing him now though. Heard from a source in the footy department tonight that they are worried about losing him. Would be shattering to lose someone with so much potential. Only good news is that surely WC and Freo would have fairly tight caps as well wouldn't they?

Freo? No. West Coast? No.

Freo have been throwing all their money around. Re: Clark/Cloke/Franklin/Reiwoldt and the Eagles apparently have a lot of front-loaded contracts that are now at their back end.

The last of the 2013 contracted group. Personally I can see the following happening.

#4 Dustin Martin: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)
#7 Matt Dea: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)
#11 Jake Batchelor: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1-2 year deal)
#16 Luke McGuane: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1-2 year deal)
#21 Shane Tuck: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Retire / 1 year deal)
#24 Ben Griffiths: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1 year deal)
#26 Robin Nahas: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Delist / re-rookie / 1 year deal)
#30 Reece Conca: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2-3 year deal)
#32 Bradley Helbig: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)
#35 Matthew White: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)
#39 Tom Derickx: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Delisted)
#43 Todd Elton: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)
#44 Matthew Arnot: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2-3 year deal)
#45 Brett O'Hanlon: Contracted until the end of 2013. (1-2 year deal)

Thoughts?

My take:

#4 Dustin Martin: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal/Traded)
#7 Matt Dea: Contracted until the end of 2013. (1 year deal)
#11 Jake Batchelor: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1-2 year deal)
#16 Luke McGuane: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1 year deal)
#21 Shane Tuck: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Retire / 1 year deal)
#24 Ben Griffiths: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1 year deal)
#26 Robin Nahas: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Delist / re-rookie)
#30 Reece Conca: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2-3 year deal)
#32 Bradley Helbig: Contracted until the end of 2013. (1-2 year deal)
#35 Matthew White: Contracted until the end of 2013. (1 year deal)
#39 Tom Derickx: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Delisted/Rookie)
#43 Todd Elton: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)
#44 Matthew Arnot: Contracted until the end of 2013. (1-2 year deal)
#45 Brett O'Hanlon: Contracted until the end of 2013. (1-2 year deal)

The last of the 2013 contracted group. Personally I can see the following happening.

My thoughts...

#4 Dustin Martin: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)>>>>>3 year deal
#7 Matt Dea: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal). >>>>>>>>>1 year deal
#11 Jake Batchelor: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1-2 year deal)>>>>>>trade
#16 Luke McGuane: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1-2 year deal)>>>>>>>trade or 1 year deal
#21 Shane Tuck: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Retire / 1 year deal)>>>> retire
#24 Ben Griffiths: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Trade / 1 year deal)>>>>>> 1 year deal
#26 Robin Nahas: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Delist / re-rookie / 1 year deal)>>>>>>trade
#30 Reece Conca: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2-3 year deal)>>>>>3 year deal
#32 Bradley Helbig: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)>>>>> 1 year deal
#35 Matthew White: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)>>>>>>2 year deal
#39 Tom Derickx: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Delisted)>>>>> yes delist if no ruck recruited
#43 Todd Elton: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2 year deal)>>>>> yes 2 year deal
#44 Matthew Arnot: Contracted until the end of 2013. (2-3 year deal)>>>>>>1 year deal
#45 Brett O'Hanlon: Contracted until the end of 2013. (1-2 year deal)>>>>1 year deal

Thoughts?

As above

#26 Robin Nahas: Contracted until the end of 2013. (Delist / re-rookie / 1 year deal)

In the paper today it was reported Gary Ares sounded out Nahas after yesterdays game about returning to Port next year. Going by that its safe to say the Tiges will be letting him go, and if not picked up in the draft will move to Port.

Sorry for the intrusion guys, just wanting to see if you think Brett O'Hanlon will be retained for next year? He showed a bit last year. Anyway good luck for the finals.

Don't like the idea of trading Griffiths, still young, still lots of upside.
Trade McGuanne, Batchelor if we can get something decent.
Trade Nahas for a swap of picks to Port or even GWS.

Delist Derickx, Helbig
Retiring Tuck

We could come out of trade week in a good position with 5 picks in the top 50. - 2 in the top 30, 3 picks in the 30 - 50 range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like the idea of trading Griffiths, still young, still lots of upside.
Trade McGuanne, Batchelor if we can get something decent.
Trade Nahas for a swap of picks to Port or even GWS.

Delist Derickx, Helbig
Retiring Tuck

We could come out of trade week in a good position with 5 picks in the top 50. - 2 in the top 30, 3 picks in the 30 - 50 range.

Understand what your saying Tigerland ... but the club do not rate the 2013 draft. I would think the club would not want any picks after the second round ... just like 2012.

Early indicators are the class of 2014 runs deeper than 2013 but that does not help us this year.

Keep

#4 Dustin Martin - 3 year deal
#30 Reece Conca - 3 year deal
#44 Matthew Arnot - 2 year deal
#35 Matthew White - 2 year deal
#11 Jake Batchelor - 1 year deal
#16 Luke McGuane - 1 year deal
#7 Matt Dea - 1 year deal
#43 Todd Elton - 1 year deal

Shop Around or offer 1 year deal - trade bait

#26 Robin Nahas
#24 Ben Griffiths
#32 Bradley Helbig
#45 Brett O'Hanlon

Retired

#21 Shane Tuck: Contracted until the end of 2013.

Delist

#39 Tom Derickx

Is there any truth in the rumour that Dustin Martin has been offered a $700000 5 year deal to go to Collingwood? Hope it's not true!

Is there any truth in the rumour that Dustin Martin has been offered a $700000 5 year deal to go to Collingwood? Hope it's not true!

IMO no chance the Pies are that stupid.

If they are, whats the trade?

#10, #11, Heath Shaw for Dustin Martin #31

#11 for Adams
#12 for Longer
#10 - draft.
Heath Shaw

Doubt that would offer that much, probably just 10 and maybe Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back