Richmond still a chance for the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 games to go, Richmond fans getting all hopeful again.

Pre-season will be all about how this is finally their year, come June 2015 is all back to sack Dimma threads.

Round and round we go.

No chance. We are a ******* disgraceful club who'd * up even the un*able. Even if we did make the 8 we'd find a way to get excluded from the finals somehow or another and still finish 9th. Our team would probably get done trying to rob a bank or something ridiculous hours away from game time. Knowing Richmond the bank they'd try to hold up would probably be closed on a Sunday.

Pre-season will be all about how this is finally their year, come June 2015 is all back to sack Dimma threads.

Round and round we go.

Actually its not us - only a handful of our uberiest uberfans are still thinking we are a shot

FWIW thread was started by a hawker, assume for trolling but you never know

Actually its not us - only a handful of our uberiest uberfans are still thinking we are a shot

FWIW thread was started by a hawker, assume for trolling but you never know
Ha, I know. It was just a cheap shot.

If Richmond win every game they will finish on 12 wins, you will need 13 to make the 8 anyway, why the **** are we having this discussion?
Actually that's not entirely true. Play with a few ladder predictors and we can get in with 12 or 11 wins. Of course it's incredibly unlikely, but it adds a bit of excitement for a Richmond fan going into each game now. Would any supporter be any different? Who wouldn't want to at least discuss the possibility.

Every Richmond supporter comment I've read acknowledges it's very unlikely or no chance, it's other supporters that are making up we think we're gonna play finals etc, but again, nothing wrong with entertaining the idea.

No chance. We are a ******* disgraceful club who'd **** up even the un****able. Even if we did make the 8 we'd find a way to get excluded from the finals somehow or another and still finish 9th. Our team would probably get done trying to rob a bank or something ridiculous hours away from game time. Knowing Richmond the bank they'd try to hold up would probably be closed on a Sunday.

Wes Tiger, 798 pretending to be a tiger supporter. I wonder if mods have a badge for trolls who are so persistent ?

Its the inferior complex they have. You mention anything Richmond and there is a swarm slaging us off. Have a bomber thread and its *crickets*

To be fair, they are the only club with a board dedicated to mod sanctioned slagging off of their club and their supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round and round we go.
If history is repeating itself should we also expect to see the Bombers lose their remaining games and fall back out of the finals race again?

very ordinary team and even more ordinary list. but hey there are plenty of clubs in the same boat.
big worry is late wins papering over the cracks. over the next 3 seasons i would hope we turn over half the list at a minimum.

To be fair, they are the only club with a board dedicated to mod sanctioned slagging off of their club and their supporters
It does serve its purpose though. Keeps it all in one place.

Not sure I understand the inferiority idea though. As a supporter base we're routinely derided for being arrogant and "veruca's". Not what I would call inferiority and certainly not with reference to the Tigs.

very ordinary team and even more ordinary list. but hey there are plenty of clubs in the same boat.
big worry is late wins papering over the cracks. over the next 3 seasons i would hope we turn over half the list at a minimum.

But still good enough to beat your "second" team on Friday night. ;)

Richmond must win all 5
Richmond must have the best percentage out of the 2-3 teams on 12 wins (possible if they win all 5, given they play both Essendon and Adelaide).

3 of the following 5 must happen.

Gold Coast must lose 2 out of games against St Kilda, North, Port, Essendon and West Coast.
Collingwood must lose 2 out of games against Port, West Coast, Brisbane, GWS, Hawthorn.

Adelaide must lose 1 out of games against West Coast, Brisbane, North and St Kilda.
Essendon must lose 2 out of games against Sydney, West Coast, Gold Coast, Carlton.

North must lose 3 out of games against Geelong, GWS, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide, Melbourne.

Port or Fremantle could lose their remaining 5 but highly unlikely.

It is probably a 50% chance at best that 12 wins gets any teams into the finals with those games.

It would be a lot more interesting if West Coast and Richmond had 1 more win.

Another Tigers thread. They're playing well atm with the season gone weeks ago and Tyrone is having a holiday. Let's leave it at that

More chance of making it now Vickery isn't playing.
unfortunately i cant agree. while vickery is a very ordinary player he is probably the best tall fwd option we have outside of riewoldt. sort of sums up the list really.
tall fwds
riewoldt - only decent tall fwd we have.
vickery - imo hes a dud. after 6yrs mediocrity is his level. how many good 200cm fwds have there been.
griffiths - struggles to get more than a handfull of possesions a game at afl or vfl level. reckon they will cut him. again how many 200cm fwds have there been.
elton - while he has good attributes is already 197cm/100kg he cant get a kick in the twos. seems he has no idea.
mcbean - geez a 200cm player by golly what a surprise. 200cm player who isnt to date very good in the air. do i need to ask how many good 200cm fwds have there been.
we may have 5 tall fwds and id argue that point as well, but still we scream out for quality in the area.
i can do this sort of exercise with the backs and the mids.

list lacks quality, proper numbers in key areas, and depth.
ffs look at the ruckmen
stephenson a 32 yo rookie.
maric 29yo solid player.
hampson - if it wasnt so sad it would be hilarious that we went and got this hack. theres a great future there lol.
then theres vickery if i listen to my fellow supporters,imo a bloke who has a heart the size of a pea and in 6 yrs doesnt look like a 1st ruckman. in fact hes supposed to be our other kpf.
mcbean - well i ask is he a fwd or a ruckman or just stuck inbetween.
just my opinion but ireckon projecting fwd most clubs are in front of us apart from 4 or 5 mids.
yet i come on this site and people are talking finals. what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back