Opinion Richmond Tigers Dreamteam/Supercoach Question Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Newnes had a very good preseason and will probably play more time on the wing. His scores will come.

Thoughts on Taylor Hunt, is he your chief inside midfielder now with Cotchin Deledio, Martin playing more fwd/back?
Is he a chance to be a tagger sometime throughout the season?

Thoughts on Taylor Hunt, is he your chief inside midfielder now with Cotchin Deledio, Martin playing more fwd/back?
Is he a chance to be a tagger sometime throughout the season?
he is far from our chief inside mid. coth, and dusty rest forward thats all. lids is more of a half forward winger than a pure mid theses days. i would expect hunt to tag at times. I think you'll find that if we play teams that have poor delivery inside 50 or are wasteful infront of goal, guys like mcIntosh and hunt really come into play using their endurance and pure speed to burn off their man along the wings and racks up the poss. In saying that, on the flip side they may be quiter against stronger fitter team where finding that space is not as easy nor is the counter act style of football as much as an option

he is far from our chief inside mid. coth, and dusty rest forward thats all. lids is more of a half forward winger than a pure mid theses days. i would expect hunt to tag at times. I think you'll find that if we play teams that have poor delivery inside 50 or are wasteful infront of goal, guys like mcIntosh and hunt really come into play using their endurance and pure speed to burn off their man along the wings and racks up the poss. In saying that, on the flip side they may be quiter against stronger fitter team where finding that space is not as easy nor is the counter act style of football as much as an option
so the midfield time he gets is really dependant on the quality of the opposition?

I have hunt as my D5, worked for me this week obviously but will be interesting to see his scores over the next couple of weeks

Lost in my two leagues with a score of 1891.

Like to thank this weeks duds in Swallow,Wells and Rohan Bewick. Griffen to a lesser extent.

Anyone else have McIntosh floundering on their bench?. Shame on me for not believing in one of our own.

What do people think of Jon Ling scoring 97 at a price of just over 200,000. Anyone see that as a nice way to free up cash without losing points.

Lost in my two leagues with a score of 1891.

Like to thank this weeks duds in Swallow,Wells and Rohan Bewick. Griffen to a lesser extent.

Anyone else have McIntosh floundering on their bench?. Shame on me for not believing in one of our own.

What do people think of Jon Ling scoring 97 at a price of just over 200,000. Anyone see that as a nice way to free up cash without losing points.
Scored 2021 but could have been way more.... Thanks Dusty, Lids.....
I like Lin Jong, job security and bound to go up in price. ..i might swap Cripps for him.

Thoughts on Nick Vlastuin as a replacement for Lumumba (aka the Prince). Worried the hype is too much and Lumumba will score similarly to previous years, will Vlastuin play a lockdown role or a rebounding one?

so what sort of role should we expect from Vlaustin and Hunt?
Really liked Hunt and his midfield time last week

Hi guys, do you think Martin will be the target of the opposition tag like he was on Thursday night, do you think he's equipped well enough now to handle a strong tag, and does your midfield assist in breaking the shackles by blocking and bullocking the tagger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys, do you think Martin will be the target of the opposition tag like he was on Thursday night, do you think he's equipped well enough now to handle a strong tag, and does your midfield assist in breaking the shackles by blocking and bullocking the tagger?

He will no doubt get tagged some weeks, but in saying that its more likely cotchin or ellis that cops a tag imo. Our midfield doesnt really have an enforcer than can block and do all that dirty work though so usually when one of our players does get a tag they struggle most of the game. I wouldnt read too much into the carlton game though, they had about 4 tags going at once lol

Thoughts on Nick Vlastuin as a replacement for Lumumba (aka the Prince). Worried the hype is too much and Lumumba will score similarly to previous years, will Vlastuin play a lockdown role or a rebounding one?

I'd probably wait one more round before completing that sort of trade especially with Lumumba playing the Giants. In terms of role that Vlastuin will play, may well depend on the opposition. With Morris playing forward, he will most likely be playing a lock down role. However, when there is no notable small forward then i can see him playing a more attacking role in terms of rebound. Wouldn't surprise me, if he spends some time in the middle in those sort of games as well.

so what sort of role should we expect from Vlaustin and Hunt?
Really liked Hunt and his midfield time last week

Hardwick stated early in pre season that we would be freeing Hunt up rather than making him tag, therefore will most likely see him spending a lot of time in the middle and roaming the wings. However would't be expecting him to average anymore than 75-80, when players such as Cotchin and Martin actually turn up to play.

Martin usually struggles against Carlton, his only ever played two or three good/decent games against them. It's like when Hawthorn could never beat Geelong, no matter where the two sides were. Lets face it none of our players will block for the bloke being tagged/harassed as clearly demonstrated by the Macaffer tag on Cotchin. However, Martin is the type of player that will usually be able to handle it through his ability to get rid of his opponent with a don't argue. So I wouldn't expect to many other taggers to get the better of him this season (except round 15 against Carlton). Opposition teams may also only tag one player, which you would expect to be Cotchin through him never being allowed a game to roam free since the St Kilda game last year. Although if they decide to tag more than one, can see teams targeting ellis to try and stop his run.

I screwed up by not researching properly and didn't realise the scoring system changed for ruckman. Consequently I have Mumford and Goldstein and wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Will resist the urge to do sideways trades but Wells to Rich and/or KK to Hunt is tempting.

Deledio...bloody Lids - any update on his calf injury that saw him get subbed off? I assume like most clubs they'll just list it as a test to keep us all in the dark?

Deledio...bloody Lids - any update on his calf injury that saw him get subbed off? I assume like most clubs they'll just list it as a test to keep us all in the dark?

Sounds like it was just a precaution to sub him out, only soreness. They haven't put him on the injury list, so with the week off should be refreshed and raring to go for round 3.

Sounds like it was just a precaution to sub him out, only soreness. They haven't put him on the injury list, so with the week off should be refreshed and raring to go for round 3.
Just doesn't sound great given he played two pre season games and then is already being subbed off and iced up after just the first game of the season, if it's that bad I think he'll be struggling throughout the season.

I'd love to back the selection as he's had great durability in the past with strong scoring potential but I think the precaution is just as worrying as actually picking up an injury/having a real reason to be subbed off.

Just doesn't sound great given he played two pre season games and then is already being subbed off and iced up after just the first game of the season, if it's that bad I think he'll be struggling throughout the season.

I'd love to back the selection as he's had great durability in the past with strong scoring potential but I think the precaution is just as worrying as actually picking up an injury/having a real reason to be subbed off.

If it was related to his achilles problem then i'd say it would be a worry throughout the year. But it was stated that the calf soreness was on the opposite leg to the achilles problem that he manages. So can't really see it being a problem for him past that week's rest unless he actually injuries it. Played with no problem at the back end of last year, so unless his achilles flares should be fine. I'd be backing my decision for now, there is always the opportunity to trade him out later. If he injuries himself because if he plays, he will be fit.

If it was related to his achilles problem then i'd say it would be a worry throughout the year. But it was stated that the calf soreness was on the opposite leg to the achilles problem that he manages. So can't really see it being a problem for him past that week's rest unless he actually injuries it. Played with no problem at the back end of last year, so unless his achilles flares should be fine. I'd be backing my decision for now, there is always the opportunity to trade him out later. If he injuries himself because if he plays, he will be fit.
Yeah the achilles injury didn't put me off either given how he finished off the end of the year - guess it helped with you guys winning 9 odd on the trot (also posted strong scores in the finals) so I wasn't concerned about that.

Thought it was a calf injury but wasn't 100% sure, it is good news that it's on the other leg, just not great news that he's already hurt it 3 quarters into the first round of the season. Really wish there was a little more said about it just to help better understand what it is and whether we should be worried about it.

I'm not against holding him, but next week I think it would be nice to have two trades in hand given it's the final round to move guys that are going to be losing you cash/not playing the role you planned and bring in those that somehow slipped past your radar. For me, Gray is very much looking like that player, I liked Lids over him but it's hard to stand by that decision after a poor score, suspension and injury all in the one week. Waiting a week allows me to get one final look at Gray but if Lids was to miss the following week then he'd have to go and it just gives me one less trade to work on the rest of my side.

Certainly a tough decision, seeing less red now than what I was after I saw that red vest handed to him after everything else he did in that game - quite surprising to see all 3 of him, Martin and Cotchin held to very poor scores (by their standards).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back