Opinion Richmond Tigers Dreamteam/Supercoach Question Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be believe SC or the coaches who aren't picking him despite losing Jacko and having a host of injuries?

And how about the fact that he is on the rookie list lmao

Supercoach does not in any way accurately show a players output. He is a turtle who gets a lot of clearances but can't kick to save his life

You do realise that when he gets the clearance, he gets points, but if he turns it over he loses points? If he is a turtle, he doesn't get to the ball. Not often does a player that averages 88 points in a year and be stuck in the two's the next year, simple as that.

Also in 2014, Thomas' Disposal efficiency was 75.9% only 193 players in the AFL were more efficient. Trent Cotchin was at 63.8% last year. His clanger count is fairly high at 3.3 average, and he is 8th in the league in 2014 for them, but guess who else is equal 8th? Trent Cotchin. Cotchin got 5.5 disposals more admittedly, but he seems to miss the criticism of the supporters.

Both Cotchin and Thomas are inside midfielders, which are commonly slower and do turn it over.

You have three players on the long term injury list, and could put another on it. He is on it because he wasn't good at Port, but last year he was good.
Experienced Senior players already ahead of him for the role he plays, if we put Thomas in it means removing a developing kid, just won't happen and I really hope it doesn't

So this week I realised I didn't enable bye rounds on my work AFL Fantasy comp, not sure if I had to do it before the season started or you could only do it with the league pass. Anyway, basically means there's not much point in managing your bench for that.

First order of business, bring in McBean! :D

What's McBean's job security/sub likelihood, if you don't mind me asking? I could use a fwd rookie.
I doubt he'd be starting as a sub but i wouldn't be expecting huge scores either. ... as for job security. ....i wouldn't say he's safe.

What's McBean's job security/sub likelihood, if you don't mind me asking? I could use a fwd rookie.
Might get 5 games this year, if that.
He won't score well either. Not consistently anyway. I only brought him in because he's McBean and that F8 doesn't matter for my team. :D

I did! oh yeah.

Kane Lambert is listed as 1-2 weeks away. What are his prospects of playing for the rest of the season? Would be a good downgrade target.
Anyone have any idea of this? Could be be back soon?

Is aiming to be playing next week or thereabouts, although it would be extremely unlikely that it will be at AFL level. If he puts in a few decent weeks at VFL level he might come back into the fold but he's no walk up start so it's up to him to force his way back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did! oh yeah.

Kane Lambert is listed as 1-2 weeks away. What are his prospects of playing for the rest of the season? Would be a good downgrade target.

Won't be playing anytime soon. Only change after the bye will be "mr experience" newman in for menadue. Then Menadue, Mcdonough, Lennon, Castagna, dea and short all in front currently. Could get in front of them with 3 or more very good when he returns in VFL but even then won't have very good Job security especially if Conca and knights get back on the park (looking round 18-21).

Hey Tiger gurus,
In my Draft league, I have a number of Tigs, but I may have to decide to trade one.
It's between Miles and Grigg.
Both in the same position, just not sure which to try and offload.
Who is more likely to be dropped? If at all?
Miles with more touches, Grigg with more marks and goals
Who would you be keeping out of the two of them?

Hey Tiger gurus,
In my Draft league, I have a number of Tigs, but I may have to decide to trade one.
It's between Miles and Grigg.
Both in the same position, just not sure which to try and offload.
Who is more likely to be dropped? If at all?
Miles with more touches, Grigg with more marks and goals
Who would you be keeping out of the two of them?

Neither is in any danger of being dropped and probably wont be at all for the rest of the year.

Its a tough one to be honest, grigg has been fantastic so id probably keep him, but miles can go to another level imo

I guess my other option is to trade Mitch Wallis, but I've got too many Richmond players, and I'm hopefully trading for Lids, so really need to get rid of one of them.
Grigg's bottom score is higher than Miles but Miles top score is higher than Grigg's
We play GWS in a few weeks and Miles usually doesn't score very good against them
Grigg's lower scores are usually when he's performing run with roles as well

I'd keep Grigg for the higher safety net

Special mention for my boy Brando who has been amazing all year and keeps on getting better. Current form is 4 tonnes in a row and doesn't look like he'll slow down any time soon. Check out the rampage he went on after R10 last year:

DT 127 104 100 105 117 115 115 110 123
SC 144 109 102 114 105 107 103 133 110

Jet. In both formats

Hey guys. I'm looking at bringing in Ellis or Menadue as an alternative to Steele - I assume Ellis has better JS at this point, would that be right?
Ellis over Menadue but he won't score highly
Steele will score higher because he's inside (I think) but he'll probably be sub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back