Analysis Richmond Tigers record $500,000 profit

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure $110 or so is (or was, last year) the avg member yield, not the gross (which would be much higher)

So I'd say corporate support is waaaay less than $11.4m
Well we can agree it's no more than $11.4m. Terms can be confusing, I was thinking $120 was an average gross yield, not average net yield. But if you are correct it's average nett at $110, then yup, south of $11.4m

Pretty sure $110 or so is (or was, last year) the avg member yield, not the gross (which would be much higher)

So I'd say corporate support is waaaay less than $11.4m

Off memory it's around 155, but we don't have the 2015 number yet

Don't take it to the bank, but I'm pretty sure it's zero or not far from zero

After the Dee's improved their deal, ours if officially the worst at the MCG
I despise the MCG...it was our supporters that bankrolled that shithole from the 60's to the 80's after they put on the Olympic stadiums and the beloved MFC became a joke...and our supporters paid for the transfer to the MFC as well.

They have us by the curlies, as do the landlords at PRO...they know our supporters never want to leave...

Makes you laugh tho...how could the MFC possibly cut a better deal there than our existing deal...with what do they bargain with

I despise the MCG...it was our supporters that bankrolled that shithole from the 60's to the 80's after they put on the Olympic stadiums and the beloved MFC became a joke...and our supporters paid for the transfer to the MFC as well.

They have us by the curlies, as do the landlords at PRO...they know our supporters never want to leave...

We are the landlords at PRO now, took over the long term lease from the RCC

Given its a long term lease, council isn't looking to move us on any time soon

Makes you laugh tho...how could the MFC possibly cut a better deal there than our existing deal...with what do they bargain with

Simple, they returned to alignment with the MCC, who run the mcg

when are they fixing it ? We are the biggest drawing club ffs

We are the landlords at PRO now, took over the long term lease from the RCC

Given its a long term lease, council isn't looking to move us on any time soon
Landlord owns the freehold mate, back in the day the RCC were the Tenant and we were a sub Tenant.

That's what we pay the Property Lease of $1m for...surely not for Craigeburn and Wantirna

when are they fixing it ? We are the biggest drawing club ffs

We have no current deal with them, it expired a few years ago

Tbh, we have no bargaining power

Pies timed it brilliantly, and the MCC needs us less than we need them

They know we will never leave

Landlord owns the freehold mate, back in the day the RCC were the Tenant and we were a sub Tenant.

That's what we pay the Property Lease of $1m for...surely not for Craigeburn and Wantirna

It's council land dude, and it's on one of those long term leases they do for community works.

They have no reason to want us out

Hit send too early

Would be our pokie venues and pro (although no idea how commercial our rent with the council is)

It's council land dude, and it's on one of those long term leases they do for community works.

They have no reason to want us out
Well aware it's council land Rf, but we are still just the Lessee...that why we have Leasehold Inprovements on our books. And we must pay rent...it's there...$1m

Well aware it's council land Rf, but we are still just the Lessee...that why we have Leasehold Inprovements on our books. And we must pay rent...it's there...$1m

But you're original issue (they can kick us out) is irrelevant

As I keep saying, it's a long term lease. These are usually for 99 years and for nominal value, and are designed to allow a community org to use a council asset permanently, without actually handing it over

When you hear something from the council or the Chinese, worry, but until then - we are not getting booted out of PRO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you're original issue (they can kick us out) is irrelevant

As I keep saying, it's a long term lease. These are usually for 99 years and for nominal value, and are designed to allow a community org to use a council asset permanently, without actually handing it over

When you hear something from the council or the Chinese, worry, but until then - we are not getting booted out of PRO
No mate, wasn't my original issue actually...my original issue which remains open is that both the Council and the Trustees have the RFC by the curlies because we won't move out home base or our home ground...we are taken for advantage.

The RFC should be on a similar deal as the HFC at the MCG...not have an agreement worse than the MFC.

No mate, wasn't my original issue actually...my original issue which remains open is that both the Council and the Trustees have the RFC by the curlies because we won't move out home base or our home ground...we are taken for advantage.

The RFC should be on a similar deal as the HFC at the MCG...not have an agreement worse than the MFC.

These are two seperate issues

For pro being on a long term lease these things are normally at a nominal value and are generations in length. To have us by the curlies means it's up for reneg regularly, and they want commercial rates

Neither is happening

As for the Hawks, why? They have performed much better in the past decade, and provide the MCG with more blockbuster games and TV exposure than we do?

I just don't like the way we account for things as compared to other clubs. Just a different way to do things but hard to compare.
Shouldn't have to contact the club mate, if it's good enough for the Hawks and others to make available the full caboodle, then our outfit should.

Shouldn't have to contact the club mate, if it's good enough for the Hawks and others to make available the full caboodle, then our outfit should.

Why? As members we have a right to access the info, but why should it be freely available to non members?

These are two seperate issues

For pro being on a long term lease these things are normally at a nominal value and are generations in length. To have us by the curlies means it's up for reneg regularly, and they want commercial rates

Neither is happening

As for the Hawks, why? They have performed much better in the past decade, and provide the MCG with more blockbuster games and TV exposure than we do?
Hold on Rf, we always had a ripping baseline of game day support that has been translating into membership. Yes the Pies got the bikkies for the last decade, but we have always been comparable to the Hawks in terms of home and away numbers. Why shouldn't we be on similar terms? The MCG does not need exposure for god's sake...it's wants bums on seats. And I say we should be getting a similar deal to the Hawks.

I refer to the $1m property rent. If it's not for PRO land, what could it possibly be for? The Council will make sure it gets its fair whack, all Councils do

Hold on Rf, we always had a ripping baseline of game day support that has been translating into membership. Yes the Pies got the bikkies for the last decade, but we have always been comparable to the Hawks in terms of home and away numbers. Why shouldn't we be on similar terms? The MCG does not need exposure for god's sake...it's wants bums on seats. And I say we should be getting a similar deal to the Hawks.

I refer to the $1m property rent. If it's not for PRO land, what could it possibly be for? The Council will make sure it gets its fair whack, all Councils do

We haven't provided reserved seats, pre booked seats, coteries, corporate demand, and game day sponsorship anywhere near the Hawks, and that's what the MCC earns from, not GA walk ups

As for the long term lease, it was with the RCC for the better part of 100 years, and we only took it over recently. Do you honestly believe the RCC could maintain a six figure lease?

Fair enough mate, your opinion...I differ. We can get full accounting reports from websites on listed companies all over the world...so I'm going to disagree. I'm a member as well

Why though? What right does a non member have to our financials?

At least with listed companies they are publicly traded, we are not

We haven't provided reserved seats, pre booked seats, coteries, corporate demand, and game day sponsorship anywhere near the Hawks, and that's what the MCC earns from, not GA walk ups

As for the long term lease, it was with the RCC for the better part of 100 years, and we only took it over recently. Do you honestly believe the RCC could maintain a six figure lease?
Absolutely not, but that was why we were the sub tenants...we paid the vast majority of it to the RCC who added a cracker and send the total to the Council. And we put up the the turf in the ground because the RCC were the prime Tenant. But now they have moved to a better place...so the Council gets its full whack from us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back