Richmond v Collingwood: Round 4, MCG Friday 11.04.2014

Remove this Banner Ad

But seriously who would wipe blood on someone? I mean...wipe your blood on someone else. Think about it. It's actually a pretty disgusting low life thing to do.

Yes it was stupid. But it was so long ago and it was a once off....seriously why do people care any more? The motivation was to get an on field advantage.

Yes it was stupid. But it was so long ago and it was a once off....seriously why do people care any more? The motivation was to get an on field advantage.

Because this bloke is coaching Collingwood. Shows the character of the man and the character of the club in my opinion

Wasn't dirty but was blatant at times with his blocking way off the ball. Needs to learn a few tricks off Crowley about being discreet. No doubt it'll be highlighted this week and he'll have to change.

Minor issue on the night, though.

Good teams often lose the free kick count. Not too fussed if Caff is a bit unsociable and gives away a couple of frees.

Collingwood don't have tagger, get torn a new one by Gary Ablett etc.:
Main board: Colingwood don't have a tagger, ahahahhaha, Buckley is an idiot

Collingwood find tagger, nullifies opponent:
Main board: McCaffer is a hack and way outside the rules, no other player/team has ever conceptualised the idea of a tagger either.

McCaffer was awesome last night. Sure he might have given away a couple of free kicks but he took Cotchin completely out of the game.

Shocking game of footy. Atmosphere even worse with both teams armies being very flat.
Really disappointing as international guests I had with me on the night did not get the real game.

So Buckley never complained about treatment from taggers?

I must have dreamed that along with him complaining about Cloke's treatment while praising Macaffer?

Jesus Collingwood supporters are precious. Even when praising them they fly off the handle.

FWIW, my point is, if you complain about negative tactics then ultimately you'll come off as a hypocrite. Especially coaches.

Collingwood people arent complaining about taggers and never have. Cloke doesnt get tagged. Hes not a midfielder. Thats a different kettle of fish.

Collingwood people arent complaining about taggers and never have.
*chuckles*

Cloke doesnt get tagged. Hes not a midfielder. Thats a different kettle of fish.
Actually there's no difference at all other than the tactics.

The intent of the player on him is the same as a tagger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems I have insulted you ....if it makes you feel better, I decided to take them to this game because I felt they would get a good feel from 2 passionate supporter basis. I don't think a Carlton / Melbourne game would have had the same atmosphere but I was wrong!

You should know better than to pin your hopes on Richmond!

Footy is about winning. Winning pretty is less important.

I really like Trent Cotchin and think he has all the talent, but he doesn't work hard enough and he hasn't stepped up in the big moments for his team, yet. Going back to the Carlton game, he was absent in the last quarter when Carlton were overrunning the Tigers and wasn't great when the game was on the line against the Bulldogs. He is too easily shut down to be considered in the same league as Pendles, Selwood, Ablett and Watson. When he gets to this level, which I think he will, Richmond will be a far better/tougher side. No one could question Cotchin's attack on the ball and ability in the contest, it's just his tank, or willingness to push through when things are down that need improvement.

There is a real staleness about some of the Tigers young breakout stars, Martin, Riewoldt and Cotchin. If they are to perform like the top 30 in the league talents they have looked like at various times in the past 2-3 years, then Richmond will be fine. At the moment, they have stagnatted and Richmond look broken.

Lol indeed.

Just rebuilding for another premiership tilt.

I suppose you're one of those types who'd prefer to finish last than second?

Unfortunately Carlton are so s**t I don't even know where we will finish, but the bottom 4 is looking good for us, of course I would like to make finals, but I don't see any hope, we have the worst team in the AFL bunch of weaklings.

Because this bloke is coaching Collingwood. Shows the character of the man and the character of the club in my opinion

Like say when Darren Millane was being stretchered off with an ACL and that awesome bloke Woosha followed the stretcher all the way the boundary clapping him sarcastically, obviously spoke volumes about his character and the club he went on to coach, or Lethal who should forever be judged for his hit on Neville Bruns obviously a sh1t bloke with no character as well.

Great logic, lets just judge every current coach and the club they lead and their entire infrastructure and supporter base on the strength of one act they did as a player decades ago in the heat of the moment.

Superb reasoning.

Like say when Darren Millane was being stretchered off with an ACL and that awesome bloke Woosha followed the stretcher all the way the boundary clapping him sarcastically, obviously spoke volumes about his character and the club he went on to coach, or Lethal who should forever be judged for his hit on Neville Bruns obviously a sh1t bloke with no character as well.

Great logic, lets just judge every current coach and the club they lead and their entire infrastructure and supporter base on the strength of one act they did as a player decades ago in the heat of the moment.

Superb reasoning.

Yeah...nah. Wiping blood on someone is the lowest despicable act. The others you mentioned are just hard tough footy.
It's worse than spitting on someone.

Yeah...nah. Wiping blood on someone is the lowest despicable act. The others you mentioned are just hard tough footy.
It's worse than spitting on someone.

I really feel you are exagerrating just a little bit there. I mean, forcing someone to change their jumper is such a horrible thing to do... wow... there's surely nothing worse that's ever happened on a football field.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back