Remove this Banner Ad

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
Albury: Richmond star Anthony Miles says his best footy is yet to come.

Despite appearing to be a walk-up start in the Richmond midfield, Miles says he still has work to do in order to cement his place in their best 22.

"I've still got a lot of development left to go," he said at the Tigers' community camp in Albury on Tuesday.

"Being able to watch guys like Trent Cotchin and Brett Deledio is great.

"I'll continue to learn from guys like that and our coaches.

"I'd like to think that my training standards have improved since I arrived at Richmond, and hopefully that's reflected in the way I'm playing.

"I think there's still a bit of upside for me."

Miles had an almost immediate impact at the Tigers after being drafted as a rookie from Greater Western Sydney in 2014.

The now 23-year old played his first game in the yellow and back against North Melbourne in round 12 that year — and hasn't missed a beat since.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...yet-to-come-for-richmond-20160209-gmpngm.html

Absolutely love having him in yellow and black. His first half of the final was absolutely gun level. Would love to see him improve even more. Cant praise miles enough
Ditto.

18 clubs underestimated his talent but at least our one took a punt on him. (Yes we should have upgraded him for Round 1)

Not sure. Miles has said repeatedly that the first half of that season in the VFL was the making of him.

In any case, what bloody legend this guy is. Still unsure if he's best 22? Stupidly humble. He's easily our second best extractor behind Cotch right now.

Not sure. Miles has said repeatedly that the first half of that season in the VFL was the making of him.

In any case, what bloody legend this guy is. Still unsure if he's best 22? Stupidly humble. He's easily our second best extractor behind Cotch right now.
Yep, just glad he made it to tigerland. Love his attitude and still has upside, IMO.

Absolutely love having him in yellow and black. His first half of the final was absolutely gun level. Would love to see him improve even more. Cant praise miles enough

Agree. At some stage though he needs to leave behind modesty thing, doesn't need it anymore, no one believes it, he has arrived . Definitely had an impact & influence upon others by raising the bar.

As a result, I think the competitive beast within others, i.e. our Captain, will be unleashed this year. Just can see that he has a point to prove after the last few rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas the better player and has more upside that's why we upgraded him in round 1 and miles mid season /
Thomas preseason was very good as well. Maybe not as good as Miles but he had the experience and big body so he got the nod instead.People are still complaining about the lack of big bodies in the midfield.

At least statistically both Miles and Thomas proved to be very very good rookie picks.I actually think Thomas was very servicable in most games he played for us.
Yes in hindsight it was a mistake not to promote Miles first i was one who complained.But it proved not to be as big a mistake as most make it out to be.

Miles is proof that it is not the size of the tiger in the fight that matters, it is the size of the fight in the tiger.

He really shows what is required to overcome limited talent and physical ability to play damn good AFL footy. Add some more inside grunt to help him and we will improve so much. Love the guy.

He really shows what is required to overcome limited talent and physical ability to play damn good AFL footy

limited talent and physical ability? wow. he was built footy imo and is a very talented inside player. might not be the silkiest kick of the footy but that's why they put the goal posts 6.4m apart instead of 2 ;)

limited talent and physical ability? wow. he was built footy imo and is a very talented inside player. might not be the silkiest kick of the footy but that's why they put the goal posts 6.4m apart instead of 2 ;)

As in, Miles is a genuine top grade inside mid. He doesn't have the skills of Cotch or the body of Dusty, but has made himself an inside star. It is a compliment. Watch the guys he is hitting bodies with and they are almost always significantly larger. His desire and G&D win him the ball. If many more talented players had his mental attitude then they would be awesome. Think of Dusty with the attitude of Miles. Dusty would go from an A grade AFL player to one of, if not, the best players in the AFL. I cannot speak highly enough of him. He has created an afl career through his toughness and attitude. Got to love that.

As in, Miles is a genuine top grade inside mid. He doesn't have the skills of Cotch or the body of Dusty, but has made himself an inside star. It is a compliment. Watch the guys he is hitting bodies with and they are almost always significantly larger. His desire and G&D win him the ball. If many more talented players had his mental attitude then they would be awesome. Think of Dusty with the attitude of Miles. Dusty would go from an A grade AFL player to one of, if not, the best players in the AFL. I cannot speak highly enough of him. He has created an afl career through his toughness and attitude. Got to love that.
Forever and a day I'll always hold the vision of Miles' head popping up under a pile of bodies with eyes alert like a meerkat looking for the next play.

After Knighter was "encouraged" to move on by that useless potato farmer from Bungaree, I was waiting for my new pin-up boy. A new ball-getter that loved to put his head over it and get us moving. Cogs showed many glimpses but his body just kept saying no. Then along came my new engine room Tucky. Not the best kick in the world, often just blazed away with reckless abandon, but geez could he find the footy. Tucky was almost the definition of our song "in any weather you will see us with a grin, risking head and shin", just getting the footy fearlessly. Then he called it a day, and I wondered who would take his spot.

Enter Milesy. Puts his head down, gets it and hopes that others will come along with the ride with him. Already upstaging a lot of our older, more experienced and more heralded squibs. Love the way he's setting the hard-ball scene. In our top 6 for mine, with Lids, Cotchy, Rancey, Dusty and JR.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back